If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Anonymous mode

Options

Suggested change: if you are in anonymous mode you can not type in chat, you can not see anyone's prestige levels or view anyone's profile.

Reason: I have seen more often than not, people hide behind anonymous mode and play and speak in the most disrespectful way known to mankind and I don't think it's enough to report them, if they are anonymous they should have everything hidden from them so it somewhat prevents toxicity.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,850
    Options

You can still report anon players. If they are being disrespectful in chat then report them.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 608
    Options

Again, just report them. Anonymous mode protects you from the behaviour of others, not your own. People who haven't done anything wrong shouldn't be punished or, per your suggestion, I want to say "social exiled," because some people use it to be jerks.

You said they spoke and played disrespectfully, what you didn't say was that they violated the terms of service. Playing disrespectfully isn't inherently a punishable offence, nor is someone not giving you the respect you feel you're owed. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and that's on me, but it seems like you want people to be punished for not violating the terms of service.

• DrHyk
    DrHyk Member Posts: 47
    Options

Reporting isn't enough. I feel like if you report them most of the time nothing gets done about it, I feel as if removing their ability to communicate and truly cripple their ability to target people based on Prestige level, who they are (streamers cop a lot of it) and frankly, there's a lot of reports that are placed just because of the killer you play. Removing the ability for anon players to communicate and see other player's names etc. nips the toxic behavior before it even starts

I get what you're saying but you need to see where I'm coming from which you don't seem to be whatsoever.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    edited March 19
    Options

While this may not be a good change, the anonymity feature is actually being abused quite widely in ways other than its intended use. And since the anonymous function is originally a function to prevent people from referring to themselves, there should be no inconvenience even if the user cannot refer to others. Because if you have the right not to be referred to, you will take it for granted that the other person will too.

At first glance, it may seem that anonymous people are being forced to inconvenience themselves, but on the other hand, anonymous people are trying to unilaterally obtain information about others without their identity being known. This is not fair at all.

I will abide by bhvr's decision, but it is an issue that they will give some consideration to.

• Raconteurminator
    Options

Oh, I get where you're coming from. I just think you're absolutely wrong. Reporting them is enough. If they've said something actionable and you report them, something will be done about it. If you report them for violating the rules in-game (with video proof), something will be done about it. If you keep reporting people and nothing keeps happening, then you're reporting people incorrectly.

You don't fight toxicity by punishing people that haven't done anything just because they might do something. You don't deny people the ability to interact with others for not doing anything wrong. You don't dole out collective punishment to innocent players because of the few bad apples that the current system is capable of dealing with already.

• DrHyk
    Options

No, reporting them isn't enough, you're the one that's wrong.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    edited March 19
    Options

Interesting idea, and I get the logic behind it. But at the same time, I'd rather just have people choose their chat interaction themselves.

For example with a straight up setting to disable chat and signal this to the other players with a little icon, which can't be changed during or after the match. Or not signal it at all, idk. I practically always skip post game screen and chat completely either way.

If they really wanted anon mode to be anon, they could hide your prestige, player card and badge too from others.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,850
    Options

Let's just cut off everyone from interacting, because it's not just anon players who are do this. I've seen a killer within the past month who wasn't on anon mode tell us in chat to kill ourselves.

You guys really need to stop hating on players who use anon mode, because the problems you have do not exist solely on anon mode players.

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 314
    Options

I use anon mode because if I don't people will leave hateful messages on my steam profile or find me in other places based on my username. Not having that happen again.

• Raconteurminator
    edited March 19
    Options

"Nuh uh!" I mean, really. Thank you for letting me know this conversation no longer has any merit.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

lets not forget using anon mode is the only way to disable licensed music. I rather not punish people who use anon mode while streaming to prevent being DMCA'd.

• DrHyk
    Options

I mean, saying "why punish people that don't use it that way" by that logic, why did skull merchant get changed if there were people that didn't use her to 3 gen and take the game hostage?