The changes to mangled/haemorrhage were excessive, the statuses have basically been deleted.

Options
anarchy753
anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
edited March 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

Putting mangled and haemorrhage on a timer has gone beyond reducing their effects, they are now entirely absent from the game outside of playing very specific hit-and-run, which still isn't a brilliant strategy.

The bulk of the sources of these debuffs limits them to 60-70 seconds. It sounds nice in theory to have survivors delaying healing by that time, but the reality is, they don't pause on hook. So, you apply these statuses, you chase the survivor you've injured, they go down, let's be generous and say you did/did not use your power so the downing hit refreshes the duration. Now, that survivor goes on a hook for AT LEAST 30 seconds in most cases, often longer.

Then, they get unhooked, they take 10-20 seconds to move out of line-of-sight of the hook to get healed. At this point, your "stalling" perks/add ons have basically already expired. Their heal is either partially affected or not affected at all, and they heal faster than they did last patch.

There's none of this "decision making" about whether to stay injured or not, because the debuff is so brief. There's genuinely no point to wasting a perk slot or add on slots for these debuffs any more.

And the worst part is they were changed years ago to be "until healed" BECAUSE exactly this happened and nobody valued them.

At the very least, these statuses need to pause their timers while survivors are hooked.

Comments

• DerpedByDave
    DerpedByDave Member Posts: 53
    Options

Ya the change was totally unwarranted plus instead of wasting a slot on a perk like SB now I'd much rather run something like NOED or an extra slowdown which can end up being way more frustrating for survivors.

Look at perk like forced penance the killer can apply the broken status effect for 80s and all the killer has to do is tunnel the shiet out of survivors. why run a mangled perk or addon when broken basically has the same timer in most cases the balance makes no sense.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,704
    Options

I have seen Sloppy Butcher and Gift of Pain quite a few times still.

• You want Sloppy Butcher if you play a hit and run strategy or lose survivors easily.
    • You want Gift of Pain if you wish to make sure Survivors get penalized on healing from unhooking, and -16% action decrease.

I think it was a pretty good change, despite that Survivors usually want to play safe. If they want to do that, then you can wrack up a modest accumulating reward or they can put themselves in danger, that's the choice. But it might be better to look at how busted Sloppy Butcher was before this change. Before it always accumulated reward since it was able to last forever.

I think it made sense to address it as bHVR worked on the game's healing since end of last year, forever value and perks being super reliable is probably something we can expect bHVR to take a look at.

I expect perks like Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance and Pop to get some counter play eventually.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,078
    edited March 21
    Options

my problem with killer perks nerf is that they are not buffing killer perks. there is only negative changes. It is not like they will take underperforming perk Leverage and buff it. no alternative perk choices are presented. only more restriction on perk choice.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 507
    Options

It's not just Sloppy, since Alan Wake's release, STBFL also took a nonsensical nerf (all it needed was to deactivate near hooked Survivors and not work on basekit BT) and regression was made limited in an ill-thought-out way (all the system needs to be perfect is to only activate when 1 gen is left, it kills so many perks and makes life even more stressful for weaker/M1 Killers when going against decent teams as it is now).

Sloppy is just another layer, all those changes changed basically nothing for the best Killers but kicked weaker/M1 Killers while they were already down.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    Options

I literally never saw anyone calling Sloppy Butcher "busted", so maybe that should tell you something.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,479
    Options

Killer playing with sloppy is like survivors playing with MFT for few weeks after nerf.

With Sloppy either that killer didn't notice, or has no other options -> generic perk.

Sloppy is just trash now. Not only they reverted Haemorrhage, but also made it with time limit. It's so bad....

I could understand one or the other, but double nerf for sloppy?

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 507
    Options

I honestly would have perfectly understood if they made Hemorrhage either not work for some time post-unhook (for the sake of some perks) OR if they greatly reduced the healing regression OR if they made certain heal perks (Resurgence, Reactive Healing) give un-removeable heal progress. But the way they nerfed the effects just makes them worthless against half-decent Survivors.

Sure newcomers won't notice much since they will still heal early out of panic, but anybody with a kernel of experience will just wait out the timer, especially against one of the weaker Killers.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,371
    Options

Oh I totally agree, I was just focusing on SB because it was the topic at hand.

• DrHyk
    DrHyk Member Posts: 53
    Options

The mangled on a timer I can understand because slowed healing really slows the game down, but I feel like the haemorrhage change was a little much

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 438
    Options

Hate to be a bearer of bad news, but Scourge Hook: Gift Of Pain only gives -9% not -16%. Not sure when they changed it.

Aside from that, i honestly think Hemorrhage should be on a time limit, would of probably felt better especially with killer powers that can interupt actions.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 748
    Options

That’s a description bug with gift of pain

devs said they’re going to fix it in the next patches

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 438
    Options
  • MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

The 9% I believe was a bug. I remember them saying it was intended.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,976
    Options

New Mangled basically encourages hit & run playstyles for SB and Mangled add-ons. Not to mention Sloppy was one of the last meta-worthy general killer perks, meaning that's -1 points for making this game accessible for beginners.

Hope to see Mangled at least lock-in when the survivor is downed, picked up, or hooked, that way downing and hooking survivors is still very much encouraged.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

The issue is that all those options already existed BEFORE nerfing them into oblivion. People aren't suddenly going to play hit and run now that the perks/add ons that enable it are objectively worse, they're just going to not use those perks.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,976
    Options

What I meant is that people who run Sloppy Butcher are likely to exclusively play hit & run playstyle because it'd be worthless to spend the time downing, carrying, and hooking the survivor only for Mangled to deplete during the durations that they are in chase or immobile. It's the only efficient way to use Sloppy now that it's timed. People who play normally aren't really going to run Sloppy anymore.