Current tome challenge "Living on the Edge" should be changed.

CrimsonVoid
CrimsonVoid Member Posts: 15
edited March 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know the challenge is opional but I enjoy doing all the tome and event challenges but at its current state its straight up unfair and night impossible to do without activelly comunicating with the killer. On past tomes when this challenge was featured it never required doing it in a single match and it always took +10 matches to naturally complete. My suggestion is to remove the"in a single trial" requirement, please BHVR, at its current state it promotes playing toxic by throwing matches or straight up deranking to face newer killer players.

Post edited by CrimsonVoid on

Comments

• AnniePark
    AnniePark Member Posts: 1
    edited March 21

I super agree. The killer has to be bad or I have to learn that 360 or throw the game to try to get this mission, I literally can't do it. It's not a common thing to happen, killers missing their hits.

Did they ever change a mission because it was too hard?

Also this makes me feel super unmotivated to do the rest of the tome. I want to do every single mission on every single tome, its what makes me so addicted to this game :(

• SimpleSage
    SimpleSage Member Posts: 96

Your best bet is to pray you get a Xeno and camp turrets, it counts when they destroy them.

• Eareland
    Eareland Member Posts: 242

It's rare seeing killer missing their attacks, and if they do, they are usually very noobish. Not alone that, but game is full of non-basic attack killers, which makes this challenge near impossible. But here we are, I've been throwing many matches and ruined many survivors match (and maybe killers?) today.

• Way2Random4U
    Way2Random4U Member Posts: 9

I agree with the above Not healthy for the game or my mental health trying to do this. Please change this.

• TotallyUselles
    TotallyUselles Member Posts: 1

First I think, it will be easy against The Nurse, but it doesn’t count when she blink.. I Played 2 games against, allways she miss 3/4 times with blink.. It hard makes this challange, 30+ games and I have only two games with 2 miss.. It should be Game, for 2 miss for game, or 2 miss, but not in one trial.. Not on gold or Iri rank..

• defaultuk
    defaultuk Member Posts: 29

I also agree with the previously mentioned "remove from a single trial" most killers in the game use their m2 power only leaving a few m1 killers and at high mid/high mmr its very rare to see m1 killers

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 348

In the meantime, try using Vigil, Dramaturgy, Resilience and Breakout.

Bait a whiff while carrying with Breakout and the other 3 combine to help you dodge a hit in a chase, whether it be at a vault or in the open/at a pallet loop. Bring a medkit with max charges too to make sure you can get yourself back in the game frequently.

You could also get lucky and have a Killer auto-aim into a wall when hugging a loop too.

• _Onyx_

Why the sarcasm? Obviously if you're having trouble with a challenge, on top of raising awareness to issues with it, it's logical to put yourself in a situation where you are likely to complete said challenge.

Throwing a match for a challenge is fine in my eyes. May as well go whole hog and use a loadout that boosts those odds too.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 622

I don't think they've ever changed a challenge because the community found it "too difficult." The only times I've seen challenges changed was when they were actually physically impossible to complete (i.e. a challenge requiring the use of flashlights was changed when flashlights got killswitched), or if it causes accessibility issues (like when the original orange glyph challenge caused motion sickness for some people).

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

This challenge is abhorrent. It never fails to surprise me how they manage to think of new and atrocious ways to make tome challenges that read "ruin about 50 games in a row until you luck out."

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

They changed Nurse's blink attack to be a special attack several patches back, thus, it doesn't count as a "basic attack".

If a killer is on the opposite side of a window vault from you, you can try to run up next to it and then back away quickly to try and bait swings that way. It's a 50/50 as to whether the killer I was up against when I got this was actually trying to get a hit that way or figured I was going for this challenge and took pity on me.

• _Onyx_

Literally just got this using Breakout, it's really not that difficult. Just bait the body block. Haven't even gotta use the full build like I suggested earlier. Breakout on its own is good enough

• Odwolf
    Odwolf Member Posts: 11

I just got it using Breakout too. I was using Onyx's build but I switched Dramaturgy with Sprint Burst. I ended up only utilizing Breakout for the challenge in the match I got it in. The killer whiffed 3 attacks on me while he was carrying a survivor. I still think the challenge shouldn't have been but I'm glad I finally got it.

• _Onyx_

Good to hear, it's actually really simple with Breakout, like you found out, everyone's just making a meal of it lol

• Mbigbrat
    Mbigbrat Member Posts: 2

I was trying for a few days and only could get one. Then killer closed the hatch and put 4 traps at the gate. I knew I wasn’t going to get the gate open on time so I hopped in a near by locker. Times up the locker opens and pushes me out. That thing comes out of the ground and spears me . Killer comes and hits me three times and that’s how I got the challenge done. Unbelievable. I didn’t even have to work at it.

• Mbigbrat
    Mbigbrat Member Posts: 2

even though I was dead but the match wasn’t over. That’s how I avoided his attacks. Lol

• Quink
    Quink Member Posts: 56

Eventually you'll get lucky enough. Took me about 10ish games before i got it. Just keep at it and you will get it. I´used the sprint burst strat and the breakout strat where killer swing while carrying a survivor. Pretending to sabo and run just before the arrive will usually cause them to swing and miss.

• dihnw
    dihnw Member Posts: 7

Agree - this can be frustrating as it depends on the killer too much. In the end I got it when a killer wanted to play friendly and hit gens to signal that. XD Removing the "in a single trial" requirement would make this better but maybe it should be rather fully removed in future editions.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 964
    edited March 31

By the way, I just had a match against a Wraith that tried risky swings sometimes. I got two misses with that, then he just WOULDN'T EVER TRY IT AGAIN, so I tried to use Sprint Burst to make him miss, but everytime he found me there was a second or two remaining in the exhaustion, and everytime I HAD exhaustion, there was someone else with me and he always hit the other survivor instead.

So I was back to zero and then got a NURSE match, an M2 killer who never tries a basic attack.I will have to deal with that for a few games until I finally get a killer against whom I can at least TRY the challenge. Wow.

It was the most infuriating thing I had to deal with in a while, I must say. It's amazing how so many years after the archives were created, we still get challenges we HAVE NO CONTROL OVER!

There should never, EVER be a master challenge that depends on the actions of ANOTHER player and not yourself. This is a very simple thing that should be treated like the first rule to making challenges. But years have passed and we STILL get those.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 964

By the way, I just noticed that this challenge only counts if the killer is really RIGHT next to you, with you pretty much at his attack range or slightly further away at best. If you fall into a hole or ledge and the killer swings at the ledge right above you, it doesn't count, and if he tries to swing at someone else on the other side of a small tile, it doesn't count either.

• Biebermeise
    Biebermeise Member Posts: 1

I agree with most of these comments.
    Most of the time I get ranged killers or killer that relay on their specials.
    Lately I had at least one match, close to finishing it, but dodging 20 hatchets doesn't count and the next swing downed me.

Please BHVR, remove the requirment so we can finish this across several challanges and don't have to basicly scoop 50 matches to finish it, if we are lucky.