Am I just being bad?

Options

Or is the Unknown really confusing? I'll take that I am probably just being bad lmao. I know a lot of killers require tons of practice to completely get right.

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

I doubt you're bad, you're probably just not thinking likean Unknown yet.

Maybe some of us have Huntress Brain and want to hit people directly? Or only want guaranteed hits like Nemmy, Alien or Pyramid Head?

You can use uvx to zone into m1s, although thats mega basic.

Uvx MUST bounce, but it's not super obvious which surfaces uvx will bump OFF of and not just INTO and instantly explode.

I think it's like Blight where you'll just have to get a feel for it on your own. For example, on Midwich you can explode Uvx into ceilings if you bounce it into a bookshelf and damage people above you.

Embrace the Splash, because badasses don't look at explosions.

I personally am not afraid of hiding if I'm confident my UVx shot will get a health state. This killer feels like he was designed to be weird on purpose

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 584
    edited March 27
    Options

You are not bad. The killer is simply weak against survivors who do look back at you and dispel your illusions.

He is an M1 killer with mediocre anti-loop capabilities and unreliable map control. He requires very specific build and green + iridescent addon combo to work. There isn't anything good about this killer so unless decide to tunnel someone out asap, there isn't really much you can do with it. He is the same tier as Singularity - a M1 killer who's power is controlled by survivors.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options

You are not bad! The Unknown is a killer with a higher skill floor than other killers and can take some time to learn fully.

You also don't need to be great with all killers, find one whose playstyle you enjoy playing and practice with that one - if that's The Unknown then great, I am sure you will learn how to play it.

100percentBPMain had some really good points in their comment <3

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Nah you're not alone, I don't really understand how he works either.

I don't understand how to control where I leave his clones so they are randomly distributed over the map in useless locations lol.

I really need to watch a video explaining him a bit better but they all seem to be 20 minutes or more so I just haven't been bothered as yet. But Unknown is definitely a more mechanically complex killer than say Legion or Trapper etc

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 108
    Options

I was struggling too for a bit. Go watch D3ad plays 75 winstreak and Otz 50 win streak. Watching how they utilize the power gave a lot of clarity for me.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 892
    Options

I seem to be getting it a bit now :D very different hehe definitionally would take time to master.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 892
    Options