Hitting Survivors On Hook

Options
abrooks1
abrooks1 Member Posts: 4
edited March 27 in Feedback and Suggestions

Obviously hitting survivors on hook is demeaning and very off putting and festurating are there any plans to maybe do something about the like hinder the killer or make there recovory longer for hitting spmone already hooked If obviously it's not intended to be a nice thing. I have had 5 back to back games getting hit on hook or the killer just being the most toxic person ever

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• abrooks1
    Options

Yes but it is frustrating imagine the killer had a shorter recharge on attacks like in the new event then there toxicity turned against them because that would make it just the little bit harder for them

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

I feel for you on this. This doesn't happen much at all with me, but when it does I have to question: "Why?".

It's pretty cowardly, like teabagging at the Exit Gates, and I do get some comfort in knowing that I'm a better person than them for letting a game get to them, but it's petty.

I'd be fine with any sound effects of hitting someone on the hook being nullified, so the plauer gets no feedback from hitting, making it unsatisfying. Hearing the squelch of flesh and the survivor grunting in pain when hit on the hook gives feedback to the killer, probably making them feel like a big kid, so removing that would be a deterent.

• abrooks1
    Options

I feel you on this for sure

• nodforkiss
    nodforkiss Member Posts: 160
    Options

you will get a smack on the hook (might be more than that if you were super toxic) and few nods from me if you piss me when i play killer. usually killers dont hit survivors out of nowhere.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

ran a killer for 9 minutes total time the other day they threw the game to make sure to just spam hits on hook and tunnel me out before the exit gates opened granted my team was also not doing gens but it is what it is I guess.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498
    Options

unfortunately there is nothing bhvr can do. I get I through, i don’t understand why some killer will hit someone on the hook that didnt do anything. If survivors were toxic, then the killer being toxic back is valid.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

While I kow its hard for poeple to brush off such things, the fact they are hitting you on hook means you're still helping your team by wasting the killers time. Make them angry enough so they do this, and you're a hero!

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 540
    Options
  • JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498
    Options

Also anyone that uses the “survivors noise” as an excuse is just spewing bs

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

I love when I who use calm spirit and the killer hitting me on hook=but no sounds, sometimes I wonder if they do not feel even more silly LOL. Killers do not like when you outplay them if no tbagging this can include but not limit to =head on them, blast mine them, power struggle them, 360 them, back ground player sabo/flashbang/flashlight/pallet safe a team mate them or ofc they tunnel you *a good looper and lose all the gens* It would be nice if they swing to hit people on hook it goes through the survivor body and hit the hook instead.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 26
    Options

They already do for certain killers they actually even have add ons for certain killers.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 79
    Options

I couldn't care less, really. Generally i laugh when it happens, and a friend of mine likes to say the killer is celebrating.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 634
    Options

I don't BM at all as survivor. But before the AFC went live, the amount of killers that would BM me on hook was unreal. I still get it sometimes, and do you know when that is? It's when I loop well. If I screw up and go down fast, it doesn't happen. But if I loop well and don't disrespect or teagbag, I get BM.

I was playing with a friend who is on PC, and I got hit when I was hooked repeatedly from first hook till death by a Wesker, and all I did was loop well. He was just inexperienced with his power, so I dodged him a lot. My friend asked him why he acted like that in the end game chat and he said "Because he pissed me off".

Maybe you are more experienced with the game, but a lot of less experienced killer players get tilted very easily and will be toxic and unkind, if the survivor does anything other than go down in chase quickly.

• nodforkiss
    nodforkiss Member Posts: 160
    edited March 26
    Options

looping isnt toxic at all. but i can understand their frustration. its must be not very fun to getting outplayed in loops. it sounds like the killers you played against were just a bunch of bad killers. i hope it gets better for you.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 634
    Options

It's just how people feel when they are outplayed. Some people get salty and often get angry at their opponent instead of feeling bad. It's occurs for both sides, fortunately all survivors can do is teabag lmao.

Yeah, I'm all good. I get pretty strong killer players most of the time, so I don't encounter it much. Experienced killer players don't get tilted very easily.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

Morally speaking, it is equivalent to a T-bag. If you're the kind of player who scolds your fellow survivors by pointing at them when they're raining T-bags, I sympathize with you.

However, if there is no judgment to take a hit, your allies will only lose the chance to save you unharmed, so it is better to leave the specifications as they are.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,848
    Options

I don't think it is that much of an issue, it is the same as being able to crouch repeatedly as far as BM goes.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,171
    Options

I take it as a compliment. I mostly get hit on hook when I've kept the killer busy for an extended period of time.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

Even if the killer is trying to be toxic, which they aren't always, don't let it bother you. Heck, I know a streamer who will jokingly spell out the name of members of chat (its' a redeem) while punctuating each letter with a hit. Is he being toxic? You might think so but it's all in fun as he never takes the game seriously, as killer or as survivor. When he gets hit on hook as survivor? He laughs about it just as much as when he does it as killer.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 959
    Options

It should be basekit for every killer. If you that at a gate the gate gets blocked for that survivor only. Then they should be exposed/ hindered by 20%/ and have their aura revealed for 60 seconds.

Boom bagging at gate is gone overnight. And while some killers deserve it you can t bag during the match freely.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

I disagree actually. In intense matches if I know another survivor is nearby I will hit that person unhook so I don’t have to hear the scream, and that moment it’s really important to hear what’s around me especially since I have a good idea there is a survivor nearby.

It’s crucial for my chase to be able to get an idea of maybe where they are with my ears. I don’t have to do this all the time but if somebody’s nearby, I have to shut that survivor up for sure lol.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406
    Options

I always thought it was a funny action too. Why do most go towards thinking things are with bad intentions?

• SuperCop
    SuperCop Applicant Posts: 137
    Options

Didn't they already nerf flashlights due to killer's complaints, though?

• Grimmm
    Grimmm Member Posts: 38
    Options

if you want hook hits removed then you need to remove tbag spams too, bc survivors do exactly the same thing killer does when it comes to being salty and Im tired of acting like they dont.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Technically speaking it feels more matching with game than teabagging as we may call it roleplaying.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 559
    Options

At least YOU can do something about it: Run after them and swing your weapon. Whether you get a hit or not, it's guaranteed that they'll stop the teabags and run out the gate.

For the person being hit on hook, there is NOTHING they can do about it.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Yeah lol it was welcome but it’s not good enough. They should block the gates for anyone who tbags tbh.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

I would much rather be hit on hook then watch 4 dorks dance at an open gate like cowards lol. You still have a chance to win the game when being hit on hook. Most survivors only tbag when there is nothing you can do and the game is over.

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54
    Options

Throwing an axe at a person hanging down results in a delightful scream. I like that scream. I also love standing right in front of the hook. I vigorously shake my head up and down, and the hanging person vigorously swings their arms up and down. We love each other.

People who enjoy face camping don't care about anti-face systems.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Hitting someone on hook twice should stun the killer for 10 seconds.

Crouching twice near an exit gate, should block it for this person for 10 seconds.

Now coming back to reality, just ignore them, if there's ppl still alive, the killer is wasting their time; and if you are the last survivor, just do something else, the match won't last long at least. Killers letting you bleed out for no reason is more annoying imo and should be addressed.

• snowcone5285
    snowcone5285 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I do agree on hitting on the hook as BM, but it is also used as a strategy. For example if there is a survivor near the hook after they got hook and the killer hears those footsteps before they hook the survivor then they would hit on hook to silence the screams of the survivor so that they can hear clearly without that ear piercing noise. I do agree about fixing tea bagging at the exit gates getting fixed then we can probably fix something about hitting on the hook.

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 195
    Options

If you can punish the killer for hitting the survivor on hook, then would it be fair to punish survivors for tea bagging and BMing in their way? you cant punish one side for toxicity and do nothing on the other

• SuperCop
    SuperCop Applicant Posts: 137
    Options

It's "not good enough" but at least they nerfed something that wasn't even a big deal just because killers didn't like it, yet killers can still slug/bleed players out just because which is much worse and that's never been addressed.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Actually, they have tried to implement finisher mori because that WILL fix ACTUAL and ONLY meaningless bleeding, but look at all the backlash that caused by non-issue.

We had a chance to make the game better and somehow we complained about it, so game stayed bad as is, now what?