The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why doesn't bhvr ban cheaters?

Hexling
Hexling Member Posts: 657

There are people specifically making titles like cheating in dead by daylight and they have still been playing for months how does this happen?

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

I reported an obvious cheater and sent them the vod with time stamps. Still haven't even gotten action feedback. Don't know what's up.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

How do you know they are not banned?

They ban in waves. And well, it is easy for a Cheater to get back into the game, they just need a new account (which they got either free from Epic or costs as much as a few bucks) and then they can go again.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243
    edited March 29

I reported someone for cheating the other day that I had video proof of and Bhvr said they took action on it. They probably just buy new accounts tbh. I have a list of several creators who openly cheat that I watch out for.

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54

Perhaps they don't have the funds to hire someone to read the report. Furthermore, they don't have logs of the match. So, they can't make accurate judgments.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406

Conspiracy theory incoming!!!!!!

They are the ones selling the hacking software. That is why the known streamers are not being brought to court or sites being shut down.

My actual thought is that there is just a ton of reports and especially when needing to watch a video it takes time.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Actually it's alot more simpler than that…

If you have a Vpn or sum. you can literally do the following:

1: Reset the Computer

2: Get a New IP (takes a few minutes..)

3: reboot up that Vpn.

4: Back to dbd hacking,

it's dumb asf atm..

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 404

I once reported a cheater and the account didn't log in to DBD anymore.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Have you ever stepped on a cockroach?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

And how do you know it is always the same account they are using?

Obviously a Hacker would not say whether they have been banned or not.