Adding waking up to "Wake Up!"

Options
ganjacat
ganjacat Member Posts: 6
edited April 1 in Feedback and Suggestions

I understand we're trying to move away from perks that affect certain killers directly, but c'mon guys. The perk is literally called "wake up" and came out with the Nightmare. While I hard agree adren should have never had the wake up against freddy addon to begin with, "Wake Up!" should ABSOLUTELY have this effect, especially keeping in theme with chapters own perks countering each other generally to some degree.

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 660
    Options

Thematically, I like the concept, but @Crowman is right.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,910
    Options

Calm Spirit doesn't completely counter Doctor at least. Getting shocked still prevents vaults/pallets and still builds up madness. Considering the devs made Doctor's power ignore Obliviousness status effect, I'm sure they could do the same with Calm Spirit if they wanted to.

• Wikimancer
    Wikimancer Member Posts: 6
    Options

I came here (to the suggestions forum) to post something to this effect, but I see that it was already here, so I'm adding. (background: I've actually got several suggestions (but don't want to flood the boards all at once), the most minor of which was moving waking up from Adrenaline to Wake Up!, but the recent developer update moved this suggestion to the top.)

I was more of the mind that, if this effect is going to exist, then why is it on Meg's perk instead of on Quentin's, especially because he's from the same IP (and chapter) as the Nightmare and especially-especially because his perk is literally "Wake Up!" I was just thinking that BHVR should cut and paste this effect's code from Adrenaline to Wake Up! (So, they're arguably giving me half of what I want?)

Of course, from a game design perspective, I do understand not wanting effects that only go against one specific killer. Though, it's also just thematically fun, so I'm a bit torn. I certainly don't think that it would hurt to leave it on Wake Up! After all, the Nightmare is neither among the most-picked killers nor among the post powerful killers, so it's not like anyone would ever run Wake Up! just in case they face him.

I did think up a compromise, though it has its own flaws, but I'll post it here: What if the waking-up effect gets moved from Adrenaline to Wake Up!, and the text gets removed from Adrenaline, but the text doesn't get added to Wake Up!? That way, it's kind of an Easter egg: If you equip Wake Up!, and if you happen to go up against the Nightmare (a big 'if'), and if you happen to survive to see the exit gates powered, and if you also happen to be asleep when that happen, then you get a fun little bonus. The main flaw is that undocumented effects aren't great to have in a game, though that's what pretty much any Easter egg is, so…? I don't know, I just thought that I'd put it out there as another option.