If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

If People are happy with Blight's Hug Tech getting removed, Survivor Techs should also be removed

Options
D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 713
edited April 3 in Feedback and Suggestions

Remove Survivor Techs too then.

If People here arguing that Blight's Hug Tech is using a bug to exploit, then Survivor Techs are the same then.

- Remove CJTech where Survivor exploit janky as f*ck killer controls (having the same button to carry and kick OR remove the same with Survivor going into the locker instead of vaulting the window.).
- Remove Crouch Tech for Billy and other Killers, Chainsaw Hit and Tentacles are sliding off Survivors just because they're crouched.
- Remove Heal Tech, Survivors that made a mistake gets a free "Get out of jail" card just because another Survivor is exploiting heal by holding m1

Let's remove these also as it's obvious Survivors are exploiting this bug as well. Look at it! This is not obviously meant to happen right?

If the Dev's stance is removing techs that provide results that are not meant to happen, THEN at least be fair!
Crouch Tech has been here for YEARS, it exists to all survivors! but nothing has been done for it.

You can argue "But these techs only existed to High MMR Players". Brother/Sister in christ, so was Blight's Hug Tech. Only High MMR People can do these Techs consistently. If you're going to remove one from one side, then remove everything on all sides.

Another edit:
Just a reminder 2 years ago.

Post edited by D3spair on

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

I agree. The devs set precedent of fixing techs for the sake of fixing techs. I don't agree with that but I can understand it as long as they stay consistent. After all, techs are just tolerated exploits. CJ techs and crouch techs as well as whatever killer techs there are (I can't really think of one right now) would need to be fixed as well for that to be the case.

• D3spair
    Options

Oni's 180 Flick and All of Wesker's Tech…

I'm sorry Oni and Wesker mains. Its a Sacrifices I'm willing to make… (as a Hillbilly Main lol)

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79
    edited April 3
    Options

Yeah absolutely, it feels like favoritism more than anything else, like survivor techs should be removed, and auto aim should be toggleable too …

There is already not much incentive to playing killer and it doesn't help that so many bugs and exploits are common …

edit : i wouldn't spit on an qol chapter …

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I can't count how many times survivors managed to let downed survivor on gate out by doing "healtech", not that I care of but still.

• D3spair
    edited April 3
    Options

YEAAA That as well. Getting a chance for a guaranteed Kill gone…REDUCED TO ATOMS just because a Survivor is pressing M1

Edited the Original Post by including Heal Tech as it's a genuine heart breaker losing your 1 guaranteed Kill to a survivor who 100% made a mistake.

• D3spair
    Options

Yea if the result are not intended aka Exploited Processes like the Hug Tech same as Crouch Tech. All of it should be removed

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 608
    Options

I agree. If something is broken, regardless of side, it needs to be fixed. It doesn't matter if one 'tech' is more or less impactful than others, they're all bugs and they all need fixing.

• fulltonon
    Options

Utilizing an mechanics for unintended means is an exploit.

• D3spair
    Options

Edited the post but CJ Tech exploited the fact that Killer has Janky Controls, netting the Survivor being saved. Would the Survivor be saved if you literally had diffirent button for picking up a survivor?

With this logic, I say remove janky control for Survivors as well. Spamming spacebar get you into the locker instead of Vaulting the window like you wanted.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,188
    Options

Agree!

If exploits need to go, then go all the way with it.

This requires however to specify which of these techs are indeed seen as exploits.

I don't like the people that literally run into my model as killer with background player to deploy a flashbang in my stomach while I'm picking up a survivor. Has literally no counterplay. I could be looking at a wall. Because the flashbang is in my model, I can't escape the blast.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

The key word in Mandy's post is 'bug'.

With Blight - his rushes should be causing collision, but they aren't, that's a bug.

Heal tech - when survivors heal a downed survivor, the down survivor cannot be picked up. That is intended. How survivors might use this perhaps was not expected, but that's a different thing.

Crouch tech to change the collision is probably closer to a bug, not sure what BHVR's thoughts on that. CJ Tech can be seen as an exploit, but is probably rare enough that the fix of adding an additional button would be seen as more harm than good.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 352
    edited April 3
    Options

I'd argue heal techs plenty impactful. The killer does lose a hook/kill with 0 counterplay, while also netting an escape. Crouch tech happens way too frequently on nemmy too, and is super easy.

• caligraph
    Options

technically speaking hug tech is a clever use of intended programming. Blight has two ways of detecting collision, one of which is LOS. Hes meant to be able to slide to some extent, hug tech applies this for on demand sliding. The slide and the methods used to achieve it are intended but the situations where and how its used aren't, similar to heal/cj tech.

• caligraph
    Options

Technically hug tech does use established game mechanics to be achieved. Blights methods of detecting collision allow LOS to affect if he slides or not. Its intended that the way you're looking changes how you bump, but not to the extent that hug tech enables.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

Im totally fine removing Oni 180s because I can't abuse them on console so remove them and then buff Oni.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

100% agree. I do hate Hug tech a lot, but at the same time survivors have a variety of things that can make situations more difficult for the killer, like heal tech to prevent pickups at exits, and crouch tech.

In my opinion, there should be no "techs", they are simply exploits/bugs that need to be removed.

• fulltonon
    edited April 3
    Options

It's not different, if developer didn't intended to make survivors unhookable by healing and survivors abuse it, it's an exploit.

Healing is a "healing" and not "guaranteed escape action" after all.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

I assume that only Blight is affected by this change? If so, it's less of tech being removed and more Blight getting a questionable nerf.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,771
    Options

Yep, 'spacebar does everything' shouldn't be something that happens on PC games, let us remap individual actions. - 'CJtech' removed

Yes, expand the hitbox vertically on attacks - 'Crouchtech' removed

Also not mentioned, but make autoaim optional please. - 360s/wall hits removed

Healtech is probably a design issue, where only 1 player can interact with another at any given time. Then again, 2 players can heal, so maybe it could be fixed if only 1 player is 'tech'ing. Might be a simple solution, might not. This may be intentional design decision also, it may not be. This is the only one up in the air.

Don't forget Wesker bugtech and Oni flicks as well! Fix the bugs that everyone can abuse, or implement them basekit as an item/add-on/perk or whatever. Have a perk to force the killer to stop you from healing to pick up. Have an add-on to flick with Oni (or have the expanded range of flicks).

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 359
    Options

One killers techs are not equivalent to half the games techs.

I hate this tit for tat stuff. The game is asymmetrical. Things are going to be different for each side and just because one thing gets nerfed or buffed doesn't mean the other side needs something nerfed or buffed. It's backwards thinking.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 801
    Options

The majority of techs are just made up plays to sound more skillful in a game that has such a low skill threshold.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

I really would love to be able have space not be a 1 button fits all scenario. I'm tired of having to position my self right and look in an exposed angle just so I can pick up a survivor instead of vaulting a window or opening a locker. Let me choose the action I wish to take.

CJtech only exists because the control settings are so limited it hurts.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

Any techs that the devs deem unintentional that give an advantage should either be approved as a feature or fixed as a bug.

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 61
    edited April 4
    Options

The real argument brewing clearly blew over her head. They can "fix" the "unintended" hug-tech "bug" all day, but to blatantly ignore every survivor tech as a bug is straight up hypocritical. And yes, hypocritical, bc I guarantee majority of BHVR are survivor mains. And this game is severely survivor sided and pandered. Just for her statement and the 10 upvotes she got, I'm gonna go tunnel 10 survivors. Later.

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66
    Options

They have been addressing survivor 'techs', at about the same rate as looking at killer 'techs,' which is to say about one thing a year. Recently, they removed being able to cancel drop-down stagger by vaulting. They also removed locker saves.

The devs are being unresponsive and crappy to both sides in such overwhelming amount, with so many bugs and tech debt built up, that it's ridiculous to point to one or two longtime mechanics and say that's evidence of favoritism. We had multiple months where survivor vaults were broken, and even now the Oni Mad Grit vault is being allowed to ruin games with no relief in sight, to say nothing of Twins players just being ######### constantly.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

The only one that should be removed for compensation is the crouch tech, which exploits the survivors' hitbox in order to gain the advantage of literally avoiding a hit in a location where you should've been hit. This is similar to the hugtech, which allows Blight to gain the advantage of getting hits where he shouldn't be able to hit, capable of avoiding his ability to lose charges and not having to bump in order to continue a rush. The CJ tech is more of a meme if anything and it's absolutely hilarious to see a survivor try and CJ tech only for them to give the killer 2 hooks, and heal tech scenarios are too uncommon to have to deal with making it not as harsh.

• crogers271
    Options

Intended - not sure why it matters, the game is filled with things that weren't intended. The whole concept of games is figuring out what you can do with the resources you have.

Abuse - Exploiting bugs to become unreachable or to stick another player in a position they could not escape was abuse. Heal teach is the survivors using a resource they've managed to have access to at the end of the game (health states) to aid another survivor in escaping. Same thing with body blocking or if there was a pallet still usable near the exit gate.

• fulltonon
    Options

Because everything not intended is a bug.

Simple as that, there is no such things as "unintended feature", that's an exploit.

• crogers271
    Options

I'm not seeing the connection between 'not intended' and 'bug'.

Do you think BHVR mapped out every possible game strategy that they were cool with? How people would run loops? When killers would slug? What the line between a perk like Boil Over being fair and being too strong was?

That would be silly. BHVR tests things to make sure something isn't too broken, and refines it over time, but that doesn't mean they are telling people how to play the game.

• D3spair
    edited April 4
    Options

Okay sure.

We should not remove Oni's 180 Flick as it's intended, but why did BHVR remove Chucky's 180 Flick when Oni still has it?

Hug Tech on Blight is getting removed but Wesker 's Hug Tech should stay?

Chucky's 180 Flick and Blight's Hug Tech is getting removed but Crouch Tech (CURRENTLY EXISTING FOR ALL SURVIVORS) which is older than Blight himself doesn't need to be removed then?

The whole point is if one tech is getting removed. THEN be equal and fair to the stance and remove every Tech on all Killers and Survivors