The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is ptb twins stronger than blight in your opinion?

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499
edited April 4 in General Discussions

If you go to anyone who hasnt seen the ptb and say "hey twins might beat out blight with this ptb" youll more than likely be laughed out of the room. But do people think theres some weight to this seeing the new twins? Like i get noone expects twins of all killers to take blights spot. But their changes combined with some addons (broken for 60 seconds and less cooldown). I wanna see peoples opinions.

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,469

I think they are about equal but twins are definitely easier to use, the main difference is while victor is a power house you are still reliant on charlotte to do most of the work with hooking and since slugging is slowed down a bit you mostly have to drag your feet while hooking, but since blight is always on top of a survivor he downs his overall down time is a lot less and he could snowball a lot faster to slug out a match.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 4

My opinion doesn't really matter. The guy who nearly reached 2000 wins in a row as Blight thinks Twins is the strongest killer in the game. Even stronger than nurse. He said they have zero counterplay. Even good survivors now won't be able to do anything.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

ptb twins is the strongest in the game

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Easily. I'd even put them in the same sentence as Nurse as Victor is far too oppressive with no real counterplay.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

PTB Twins is absurd. This can't possibly go live. Not sure what happened here.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

This might be the funniest thing that's ever happened in DBD history, it almost feels like BHVR is balancing with cheaters in mind with this rework.

They have to make Victor latch on every hit otherwise he's the strongest killer in the game. Preferably I would like a version of the Twins where Charlotte exists for a reason other than just hooking people.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Yes, 100%. I would not go that far to say that they are stronger than Nurse, but 100% stronger than Blight.

I dont think they tested it before. There is no way that this went through QA and they thought "Yeah, this is fine."

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339

Yeah I just read the patch notes and it's probably one of the worst I have ever seen? They might as well just change the twins gameplay to a cutscene there will be so little a survivor can do against a victor down. Imma stay far away from survivor after this patch.

The game has gone from super meme balance, to somewhat serious, now slowly back to super meme balance. Everything comes full circle

And funny thing is, after what happened with things like boil over Boil Over I can almost guarantee it goes live

Entire DBD community tells them wow, new boil over sounds super busted. People will surely abuse the fk outta this on maps like RPD where it will literally be impossible to hook people

goes live anyways

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Yeah, Victor needs counterplay. He can down anyone in 10 seconds.

IMO, make it so Victor can be kicked when he charges the pounce.

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 107

Better than even nurse by a noticeable margin. Even with a 5 second cooldown after a hit for Victor he's still going to kill people in 10-15 seconds with no reasonable counterplay. Abomination of an updated killer. The slugging issue doesn't change either since picking up returns Victor in 6 seconds rather than the new cooldown.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 344
    edited April 4

console player so I can't participate in the PTB but the general consensus seems to be that they are now OP.

how does no one in the dev team catch this (and other items like this where it's clear they just won't work out) before it even happens? Or before it's even worked on? No one on the team read this on paper and thought maybe we should not do this, it already reads too strong?

not even a jab at them but I don't understand how the feedback is overwhelmingly one sided yet no one on their end could have foreseen it

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 654

I'd say Twins current lethality trumps even Nurse, although she's still better because of her map mobility imo.

Regardless, even if Blight is better than Twins, he's at least loopable most of the time, which is not something you can say about the duo. The devs definitely need to do something before this goes live. Maybe reduce Victor's speed and make him crushable on any missed strike like before. That way his kit still discourages slugging but he's not a guaranteed down.

• Ekrizdis
    Ekrizdis Member Posts: 65

To me this twins change has just proves that internal testing is either very minimal or none existent, because if they just played one single match with twins internally they would've realised just how unbelievably broken she is.

Honestly everything in this ptb is pretty bad, perk changes are okay at best. Really disappointing.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited April 5

Literally top killer in the game not only are the S tier they are now in their own category S+ tier. They make nurse look like the trapper. They got a new add on to make victor faster and they also got one that makes survivor broken you can literally hit every survivor run thana and its like playing a plague nurse.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I loved playing as twins before all this but these changes do feel alot better I must admit but either the survivors I'm facing are still figuring it out or she's a hair overtuned, but we've got a whole week to figure that part out I'd say they're pretty solid changes