Coconut says CCs are quitting

Options
Marioneo
Marioneo Member Posts: 638
edited April 9 in General Discussions

This video Coconut reviews about Slushie going on break from dbd let's talk about each section in the video

Skill Expression: yes lightburn was a cool lil niche thing. Locker saves had to be removed cause swfs kept abusing it yeah it was fun for survivors but was miserable for killers. Flashlight saves yes another thing that had to be dumbed down so new players can get saves. Techs such as crouch tech, hug techs, flick techs I don't not see as skill expression your doing something that breaks the intended design its not skill it's an exploit. Adding invisible walls where they shouldn't be is bad.

Balancing: She blames MMR for making it a stomp or get stomped fest but in reality it's the community fault for optimizing the fun out of things we do not want to go back to the days of a baby killer or survivors facing P100 tryhgame.

Reworks and Priorities: she contradicts herself she says to either make it unbalanced or balanced but then complains about unbalanced like FTP+buckle up and Tombstone Myers Etc.

Content creators: Just release the twitch shirt cosmetics for free everybody at TTV at this point.

Anonymous Mode: Agreed does more bad then good protects hackers more then streamers.

Community: Quit canceling each other on twitter for getting bmed in game everyone is snowflakes.

Final thoughts: Slushie will return that is all

Comments

• FatAngryB
    FatAngryB Member Posts: 17
    Options

Fully agreed. Especially about tunnelling. I hate it, I only it to intentionally scummy players who, as you can easily tell by simply watching their behaviour, are there to troll, no actually compete and play fair and square.

I feel like I've broken the report in-game functions at this point for the amount of absurd idiocy I've encountered.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 638
    Options

I agree with everything except your take on techs the devs have changed there minds and considered techs as unintended exploits which is why there very slowly fixing it(example chucky flicks and blight hug techs fixed) there next target is Wesker hug techs then I'm assuming Oni 180 flicks

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

how does Anonymous mode actually protect hackers when reporting works just the same with anon or non-anon players??

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

Wait where did they say they are going after Wesker next?

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 560
    Options

Yeah. My thoughts exactly when I watched that video.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

After watching the video, my personal opinion was it went from somewhat sympathetic to somewhat wishy-washy and irksome.

1st point - "I know everything there is to know". This came across as bigheaded, which she does admit. Not to say she is, but it came across that way. The fact some of her takes later on about "anti-camp" did nothing, when it's actually "anti-face-camp", which has made a noticeable change in my trials at least, comes across as someone who doesn't know everything. People like this in any line of work are more bored or burnt-out than actually have a mastery.

2nd point - "Skill Expression": I totally understand the irritation of losing the lightburn effect. With perhaps the exemption of Hag, it should have stayed for the other killers. Those invisible walls are also very frustrating and do cancel out some of the fun moments. The "locker-tech" for flashlight saves I can understand both points of the arguement, but do feel the right decision was made. Things like "hug-tech" needed changing as it was not working as intended. However, overall the take is good, although being able to hit a blind more easily I feel helped new players more, which is needed for building on a playerbase. It does reduce the skill-ceiling true, but at the same time people still miss saves and killers can avoid to a certain extent.

3rd point - "Balance": The current matchmaking isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than before it existed. Coconut saying that newer players may be affected more with a more chaotic system but will "get used to it" - followed later on by the claim BHVR should cater for 1,000+ hour players seemingly above new plauers - didn't go down well with me. Whilst older players shouldn't be made to feel like they're being forgotten, success is measured by growth and just catering for the existing elite would probably prevent new players, whilst haemorraghing [can't spell, sorry] the playerbase. It's not a good business model.

4th point -"reworks and priorities": I do agree some changes are made which really could have sat on the back-burner, whilst more urgent actions should be prioritised ahead. The old Skull Merchant point Slushie made about it taking so long to fix is a good point, because it was clear she was a troublesome killer. I do think they need to find a way to prioritise more pressing issues. It's important for health in general to focus on what is the most pressing. I'd prefer fewer changes in a PTB if they were meaningful.

5th point - "Content Creators": Whilst it's true streamers helped bring attention to the game, streamers are firstly more interested in views and making money. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS! However, it could be argued, were it not for DBD, that these people would not be big. It works both ways. People do cast shadow on Fog Whisperers, but I find non-whisperers also an issue. It's publicity to suit the individual's ends. This take from Slushie - even though she stated she would not be one of those higher ones - came across badly to me. It felt like elitism.

6th point - "Anonymous mode": I do like the Valorant take. Anonymous players can still be reported for worse abuses, but when they are just being pricks hiding behind the anonymity like cowards, that's not good. I do like this take.

Final point - "Community": Whilst I agree with Coconut's example of someone trying to "cancel" him over a mistake in-game. This is pathetic on many levels and just shows weakness and childishness of the other guy. What was confusing was Coconut was using this example to back Slushie's argument about people being upset for being called "a #########" and smacktalk. This does not work.Defending a smack-talker from someone who fights back is like defending a bully when the bullied takes exemption. "It's only a prank, bro" comes to mind, and it's childish. If someone is going to smacktalk, at least don't be so wet as to be upset if that person fights back. This was a really poor take by Slushie, only given some weight by Coconut talking about people getting bitchy over in-game errors.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

Yeah I'd be interested to know how Dowsey feels about being used for clickbait. He no longer associates with DBD at all. I tune into his Dark and Darker streams, and he doesn't seem to appreciate when people bring up DBD at all.

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 166
    Options

You clearly don't understand, a streamer leaving the game equals to 100k normal players leaving

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited April 9
    Options

Simple if the cheater doesn't talk in end game chat it's nearly impossible for them to get sniped and banned

There's a reason why bhvr keeps asking for a video/clip when you report a cheater on the forums so they would get the name of the people involved in the match(and now you should see the issue with current anon mode)

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,982
    Options

BHVR can see who the actual players are on their end. It doesn't matter if their name is hidden behind anon mode. The biggest issue with the system is submitting video evidence as a support ticket as that is just an unnecessary hurdle for many players.

If you reported the player in the end game match, they can look up the match via the report as well.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

They Rarely ban anyone outside of harassment(since they could just look at the end game chat or look at a profile name) without footage

As a console player who encountered 3 cheaters(all of which used anon mode) this year I haven't gotten that notification of action being done from my reports in game

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

It's definitely a hurdle we could do without, but on the flipside I understand that alot of players report for silly stuff and take up so much of Support's time that it's probably not as easy as we think it is. The fact that BHVR have had to emphasise repeatedly that camping, tunnelling, slugging, teabagging, looping, etc, are not reportable, shows the sorts of reports that are clogging up their system.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 623
    Options

Honestly. I love Dowsey, but, he missed a lot of viewers when he decide stop to DBD, so, he lost more than DBD. BUUUT i agree with boring game now days. Every game is the same thing. 4DS, 4 Adrenalines, Championship teams against your m1 killer and in the other side, is potatoes teamates agaist a p100 blight playing for saving his mother's life, with pain resonance, pop, corrput, bbq on every killer. This game is absolutely BORING today

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

… source?

They ask for clips as proof that the person actually cheated and you are not just making something up. Because false reports are an actual thing.

And with your in-game report and additional report where you give your in-game id they can actually look up your flagged match where they can see the anonymous players. If you don’t believe that then sorry but nothing will ever convince you anyway and there wouldn’t be need to get rid of anonymous mode since you wouldn’t believe they act upon those reports as well..

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

I hate the ease of use of most things now. And the invisible walls especially as a billy main. I want to fall saw someone and i have to run into some air and stun myself.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I may have issue with how BHVR is approaching balance with the game but If they followed coconut's vision, the game would be dead.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 448
    Options

3 Streamers quitting hardly represents the whole community, guess what people can get burned out with any game not just DBD

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Play the same game everyday for 8 years, you would get bored too.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    Options
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yep they belong to a very exclusive club of people known as anyone with a camera.

I think trying to monetize your pastime as a gaming streamer probably kills the joy quicker than anything else could.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 219
    edited April 10
    Options

Is Tombstone Myers even that strong? He’s still an M1 killer at the end of the day.

I do agree it’s annoying he can feed off of one survivor then suddenly mori another though, a rework where he has a built in mori would be nice, maybe the evil resource could regenerate but if Myers does manage to completely drain it he can mori that specific survivor.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I rarely ever agree with streamers, but this video has REALLY good points.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,235
    edited April 11
    Options

I mostly agree with the skill expression point. Lightburns were a lot of fun as well.

MMR, by definition, leads to optimization the tighter it is. If you want more than just meta to be encouraged or a viable playstyle you cannot have a tight MMR. That said, the MMR match-ups seem pretty loose a lot of games.

Reworks and Priorities: It is possible to balance the fun right out of a game. It is also possible to have unbalanced stuff suck the fun out of a game. It's a balancing act and it's subjective where that point is.

Content creators can have all the Twitch cosmetics they want.

Anonymous mode could potentially be used as she described but, as long as BHVR can track who the person is I'm not sure how it would be used that way.

The community point seems like a really, really bad take. If you're insulting a person after a game or calling them names you probably shouldn't be playing video games with other people until you grow up or take anger management lessons. Being immature or having anger issues isn't something that gives anyone the right to take it out on other people. If you wouldn't say it in real life to a person's face you're a hypocrite to do it online.

Post edited by EQWashu on