The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Proof that Freddy isn't as bad as people say

PhantomMask20763
PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

So this is a match I recently played. I was just running my standard build with some devour hope trying to get it to work for once but this match is proof Freddy has some stuff going for him and he isn't as bad as some say. While these survivors weren't the greatest of specimens, they did have many perks to help aid them into victory. I think I played this decently though, but I could've done better.

Here's the video if you'd like to watch it. All will fall before the claw.

Comments

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

To be honest, the main problem about Freddy is the RNG, his main purpose is to stall the game, but you can't do that when survivors can easily tap a generator and receive a skill-check.

• PhantomMask20763

I agree, that and not being able to stop survivors from doing actions in his face are what hurt him the most. I do like the occasional grab from the greedy player though...man it feels good

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

His problem is a mix of the fact that he has to get super close to a survivor (unless running certain addons) then wait a year (unless running certain addons) before he can do anything, and then he just functions like a killer without a power outside of wallhacks that lose value as soon as you stop chasing them because they'll just wake up as soon as you leave them alone.

His main problem is thus that he prioritizes all the least important aspects of DbD while ignoring the only thing that really matters, which is how well the killer can catch a skilled survivor. Killers like Nurse and Spirit are so good because they circumvent the core game design that favours skilled survivors over skilled killers in a 1vs1 chase. M1 killers usually have to rely on hoping there's a weak link they can easily hammer.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@PhantomMask20763 yeah, when I go grab a slugged survivor and another comes out of nowhere and starts healing him , it really destroys all his momentum.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Freddy is a beast in the right hands. Except, when you have to pick someone up at the exit gates and the SWF squad keeps healing them until they can crawl out, then Freddy is powerless.

• PhantomMask20763

You're right, he's honestly really add-on reliant. But I'm not sure what we could do to Freddy to give him the power to shut down loops like other killers. Most killers do have something to help out, Clown and his bottles, Trapper and his traps, Pig and the dash, heck even Wraith with the windstorm, but Freddy has, nothing like that. You have to rely on the mindgames and the mess-ups of survivors. Freddy is decent at actually stalling the match but when it comes to chasing that's something he really lacks in even if you're good with him

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2019

Having good games with Freddy doesn't show that he isn't as bad as people think. I can 4k with him regularly at rank 1, that doesn't mean he's good either. It means a got groups of bad survivors. He requires survivors to make many, many mistakes.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Freddy is not useless, he was just toned downed to soon, way before the community had time to adapt. When this long awaited rework is released hopefully some of the most obvious issues get clearly addressed.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Freddy isn't hard, it's that people judge him based on his chase ability, when Freddy is about control. Freddy is about information gathering, and smart players know how to use that information. Aimlessly chasing like every other killer is exactly why people lose and jump on the 'Freddy is bad" bandwagon.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

So let’s get this straight. A 4K against some pretty bad survivors, who also happened to complete 4 gens, is proof that Freddy is fine? WOW! I say, wait until the new ranking system is out for a few weeks, and you try it again at rank 1. With the current system, you are still in the potato ranks. At least 2 of the survivors were running Boil Over, which is a baby survivor perk, that does absolutely nothing.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited March 2019

Okay

Can get a 4k

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Kaelum what exactly makes boil over a baby perk? These survivors weren’t that good though. I do agree that Freddy is not as bad as others claim though.

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124

Freddy isn’t that bad in the low ranks, Freddy with rlly good perks is manageable in the high ranks, Freddy with bad perks in the high ranks=broken controller for the killer. He needs good perks or he’ll be absolutely awful against good players (which goes for a lot of killers but especially him).

• Kaelum

@TreemanXD Boil Over only has 2 effects. 1) Your wiggle effect is increased (which is the side-to-side movement), and 2) It doesn’t allow the killer to see the auras of hooks within 12 meters. #1, does virtually nothing, especially if the killer strifes (walks sideways). #2, again does nothing for a killer who knows how to play. He’ll know exactly where the nearby hook is before even picking up the survivor. If he doesn’t, it wastes at most 8 seconds of time walking away, and walking back, where you still have a minimum of 5 seconds left to hook the survivor.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Kaelum that makes it a bad perk then.

• Kaelum

@TreemanXD a bad perk that baby survivors use, because they don’t understand it, and because effect #1 can be useful against baby killers. Many baby survivors think that it reduces their wiggle timer, but it has no effect on wiggling at all. I think the devs called it a “fun” perk, and we all know what that means.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Freddy can do things others can not, but he is still the worst.

Just like Leatherface, he is underrated. LF can do couple of neat tricks Billy can only dream about but overall has has harder times against survivors who actually know stuff.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Didn't even watch past kate being yanked of a gen with a freddy standing next to her. Any killer can 4k potatoes.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Freddy is weak. That doesn't mean that you can't get a 4k. That also doesn't mean that you can't get a 4k without using perks and add-ons. It depends on how good the survivors are. As long as the survivors play bad enough, you will get the kills.

The problem with Freddy is that you can't win against good survivors. It's out of your hands.

• DraxColdheart
    DraxColdheart Member Posts: 24

I stopped when meg drop the pallet then run right into the killer.