If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

When do you give hatch?

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,522

So the killer giving hatch a nice thing to some. But when do you the person reading this thing by the way hi. Give hatch? Is it just when you feel like it or are there a few rule sets you have when giving hatch.

For me it's when someone got screwed over by their teammates sandbagging or blocking them in a corner so they can't move. Basically they experience terrible matchmaking so I give them hatch to be nice.

Of course this feeling has also been slightly broken as a few bad experiences mainly with the killer giving me hatch which ended with them closing it in my face and then hooking me reason why I don't trust people who drop you near hatch and don't back away.

But you nice viewer what makes you give that Dwight,Meg...that one guy named John over there hatch.

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Almost always unless I'm doing a challenge, I'm 1 pip away from ranking up in Gold/Iri grades, or the last player has been a rat all game and left their team to die.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 801
    Options

I'll always give hatch for various reasons:

They do something that makes me feel bad

Offer their item

Seemed like a strong player

If someone ragequits or dc's they all get to go as long as I two hook

If none of the above it's just the last person.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I never slug for the 4k unless the survivors really annoy me or I am doing an adept. So if the survivor finds it first then meh, whatever I don't care. If I find them first I may still give hatch anyway and if its a Meg they get hatch no matter what.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    Options

Mm… maybe like 50/50? Sometimes a little more than that? It really depends on what challenges I am doing at the time.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 715
    edited April 10
    Options

if it’s a silent hill survivor I’m sparing them…except for James Sunderland

And usually if the last survivor still remaining is the one who juiced me then they get the hatch… they kinda earned it with how usually they have bad teammates

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

Not rlly

Pyramid head is James Sunderland’s manifestation of guilt and desire to be punished for a murder he did in silent hill 2

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    edited April 10
    Options

If you accept defeat, submit, and give yourself to me. I'll give hatch. So come to me + drop your item if you have it. If you're running from me and looking for hatch that's a hook.

I'll also give hatch if they had an early dc or someone gave up.

Also swf or styptic/syringe is a no hatch as well since it wasn't a fair game to begin with.

I'm also less likely to give hatch if I'm on a low tier killer since I feel like if I won I definitely deserve my kills.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,298
    Options

only if I don’t need the kill (for challenge, daily, achievement for example) and only if they were ‚nice‘ as in, didn’t sandbag their team, wasn’t bm ing me.

I will also sometimes let all 4 escape when matchmaking was severly in my favor and they all continued to play fair and try.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

Seems many here on forum give hatch but I think we are small minority. In my survivor games giving hatch is very rare thing and I never expect it to happen. This week one killer gave me hatch which was huge surprice. They wanted me to wiggle and I didn't at first as I was expecting them to just put me on hook.

I don't remember last time before it might be even first one this year. I wish killers could see when you give props 👍 to them. I would wanted to show my respect to them but I gave my item to them though.

I give it myself sometimes more often I give exit to lose bit of MMR. But I almost never slug for 4K only for challenges and adepts or if some survivor really does not deserve to escape but then I often give the hatch or gate to the other slugged one. But survivors get hatch a lot of times themself so sometimes I just take my 4K occasionally.

I give hatch or gate about 50/50 of times probably 30/100 of times survivor gets either one themself. And that can be considered me giving it to them partly as I don't slug for 4K so I always give them that chance.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

I'll give hatch if it's right there when I catch the last survivor and I've already gotten the 3K. Otherwise, normally it's straight to the hook, because I don't see a point in dragging things out longer.

I will make exceptions, like if the survivors were clearly inexperienced and shouldn't have been matched against my (barely intermediate) skills, or if I played a little too mean myself, like slugging one survivor to buy time to hunt down another who annoyed me throughout the match. I only rarely slug for a 4K, usually out of necessity for challenges/pips.

I'll also do it just to be funny, like one time I was carrying a survivor to the basement on Grim Pantry, where hatch can spawn right outside the basement stairs. I walked past it all the way to the basement hook, then moonwalked back to the hatch and dropped them on it.

I'll hook for a 4K but it's normally just to end the trial quicker and for the sake of points. And as survivor, if I find hatch I will dive in immediately, not sit there and teabag or spam loud noises like some survivors do because of their "watch me leave" fixation.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    Options

I don't give hatch, but i don't slug for the 4k. Usually if i'm down to 2 survivors, i'll chase one and hook them, if they aren't dead, then facecamp them, so they can unhook themselves and then i get another chase until they die, or if their teammate comes to save them i'll swap to the teammate.

Then when hatch is open, i'll look for it and close it. Then i'll patrol the gates. If the gates are far apart or the survivor is sneaky and gets out, good for them, if not, i get another kill.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

Just depends on the many factors wothin the trial (playstyle, challenges, convenience, luck, mood, etc..). I can't give a specific unfortunately, due to every trial being different.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

Agreed. I very rarely see people give myself or teammates hatch in a typical game, I never expect to get it. I genuinely couldn't tell you the last time I was actually given hatch, maybe a month or two ago?

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited April 10
    Options

yeah but that was mostly done as a way of tormenting/torturing James (and as a way to “snap him” out of his hallucinations)

And that’s also why it happens multiple times to him

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    edited April 10
    Options

After a good game, when someone was actually good in chase. It's a sign of respect.

Or when someone was screwed by their team mates. Sand bagging and ratting them out counts into this. Sometimes even when they just got very unlucky.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

BUT

I actually once did something like this to a James and Maria duo in dbd once

Brought an ebony mori and moried both

They were pretty chill in EGC about it too

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 320
    Options

Give hatch? I just 2 hook everyone and let them play around and do gens; I just need enough to pip to iri rank 1 so I can get a milly BP.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 85
    Options

when survivors don't bring a map offering . I won't give it but ill give them a chance to find it . Now if you bring a map offering i'll be a possesed man to get the win.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 267
    Options
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

Always to Dwights.

I will also give it to someone who has been screwed over during the match like left to go second stage on their first hook for example.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689
    Options

If I feel like I played a bit sweatier than they were prepared for, or if I feel the last person was kinda screwed over by their team I'll typically give hatch if I can find it.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,210
    edited April 11
    Options

Before they added the bots, if there was some disconnection at the beginning of the game I would give hatch and even just let them do the gens and leave.

But now, like someone said in this forums, "I give hatch for every survivor that stepped out of the gates so I can have a 1K".