Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC: SOMETIMES Can't Rebind Controls After Update

Sunsetters
Sunsetters Member Posts: 8

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Select the gear icon at the bottom of the screen

Step 3 : Navigate to "INPUT BINDING"

Step 4 : Attempt to rebind any control for Survivor/Killer

Additional information

After the major update that launched today, I expected that my controls would be reset to default. I use my mouse button "M5" to perform many actions like Skillchecks or Vaulting. Usually I have to re-bind after a huge update.

After downloading the update I could not rebind controls. I could select as many actions (skillcheck, vault, etc.) as I wanted but they would all get stuck on PRESS ANY KEY and would not receive input.

It was fixed after restarting the game but may be an issue again later.

5 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• scorpia
    scorpia Member Posts: 38

I am having the same issue. The game unbound my keybinds and now I can’t rebind the key for “activate event ability.” I don’t want to mess with any others in case they can’t be rebound either. This is on Steam.

• Zairok
    Zairok Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I recently came across this issue too. I'm a killer main and usually go for killers like Oni or more recently Vecna. In order to feel more comfortable activating my power to use my abilities I mapped the input to Tab instead of L-Cntrl. It feels more comfortable for me and I don't have to worry about accidentally hitting my Windows key when I try to use my power. When i tried to remap the controls again I was having issues with the key not binding to Tab, or anything at all for that matter. So I closed the game and restarted it and tried again and it worked.

TLDR: Restarting the game works wonders, and I was able to remap my input.