Variety is an issue

Options

by variety I don’t mean the number of killers, I mean the number people actually play against. It’s tiring versing huntress, Billy, etc. match after match, time after time. Same 5 killers constantly.

There should incentive to play lesser played killers or an extra algorithm so you don’t verse the same selected killer back to back. Adding incentive may increase usage of those characters which can give more data on needed buffs or changes for those characters.

It’ll also make things more interesting and fun.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 545
    Options

Killers are not there to facilitate your fun or to be set dressing for you to play with. They're actual human beings, given the same weight as anyone else playing the game. Your solutions only never benefit you and folks that don't play popular killers at the detriment of everyone else.

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 117
    Options

there is a way to disagree without coming off as rude ya know. And I also play killer. Despite common beliefs, people can play both sides 50/50 crazy right? And like I said in the post, if your bias didn’t make you completely ignore it. The person using the killer would benefit via incentives and it’d give more data to make the unplayed killer more fun. Which would benefit the community as a whole. Oh but that’s just for me right? Everyone getting prizes and increasing validity on other killers is all me right?

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I like the idea of incentive! It definitely works with me in terms of role. If I see that juicy 100% bonus, by golly I’m loading into that role! If I see an ADDITIONAL 100% bonus because Twins is underplayed, oh boy oh boy!

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 548
    Options
  • Ohyakno
    Options

People who main wesker, huntress or the popular killer of the week will never get the bonus. And for what? So that survivors can play vs the weak killers they enjoy? It's unfair and entitlement.

• Ohyakno
    Options

I never accused you of playing this or that side. Why the defensiveness? I literally play whatever the incentive is; I love DBD and have fun regardless of role.

This idea has cropped up over and over and it's always a bad one. It either increases queues for survivor benefit or leaves out people that happen to enjoy popular killers which is unfair. Fun or not fun is subjective and changing killers based on largely on an idea that's got two sides will never work out.

I honestly don't even understand the last two sentences of your post. It seems like you feel attacked. I can assure you that it's nothing personal.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 548
    Options

more like weaker killers get more bp so they can use more good addons? Idk

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 117
    Options

how would it increase queue times for survivors benefit? We currently get bonus BP for playing survivor or killer, how is it any different? I mean with the logic you all have that’s unfair for people who only play killer or survivor. We should remove that. Challenges that give you bp for specific killers? Well that’s punishing people who don’t like those killers, remove that. Same with the dailies that do the same thing.

Pros:

More bp or whatever they choose

More killer variety

More data for balancing

Cons:

Unfair for people who play meta >:(