If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New perks you would like to see?

Options

I’m not sure what is and isn’t on the table when it comes to what a perk can do. But if there were no limits, I think it would be really neat if there was a perk that affected the 2nd hook stage. Either a Killer perk to make skill checks more difficult or a Survivor perk that gives benefits like added time for great skill checks.

What have been some of your more creative ideas when imagining what a perk can do?

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

I'd like to see a perk for survivor that allows you to use a Toolbox as an improvised medkit or the other way around.

I'd also like a perk for survivor (with limited uses) that lets you throw a pallet and if it doesn't hit anything it rebounds back up into an undropped state.

For killer I'd love for there to be perks that offer travel of some sort. Maybe one that allows you to destroy a dull totem in order to quick travel to the basement for example.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    edited April 27
    Options

Considering your ideas, I think a perk for survivor which combine both things would be a good idea, as a "risk and reward" perk. Smaller skill checks in the hook but everytime you hit the skill check the bleeding progression is stopped for 4 seconds or so. I also consider this perk a great idea because the current anti camping perks are reliant on other players, not the hooked one (Camaraderie and Reassurance).

A killer perk for reducing the size of the skill checks is a bad idea and would be a bad perk, nobody would use it, it is a wasted slot and players who more or less know the timings would hit the skill checks anyway and making the skill check size too small would be a bit unfair, specially for newer players and it would result in too many free kills.

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 61
    Options

I don't have any detailed perk ideas, but I've always wanted more survivor perks involving crows, and/or killer instinct immunity.

• Tyler3
    Tyler3 Member Posts: 40
    Options

I have a few ideas for both sides.

For Survivors:

1. Whenever you stun the killer by any means, the duration of the stun is increased by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
    2. Whenever you blind the killer by any means, the duration of the blind is increased by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
    3. Whenever you complete 50% of a generator, Tripwire activates. When standing by a doorway or vault location, press the active ability 2 button to install a Tripwire that will remain active for 100/110/120 seconds. Doorways or vault locations affected by a Tripwire will be highlighted with a yellow aura to all survivors for the duration. If the killer triggers a Tripwire, either by walking through one or vaulting over one, they will be blinded and gain 50% hindered for 4 seconds and their aura will be revealed to all survivors for the next 10 seconds.

For killers:

1. While this hex is active, all skill check success zones are reduced by 40/50/60% for all survivors.
    2. Whenever a survivor stops repairing a generator, you see their aura for 3/4/5 seconds.
    3. Whenever a survivor is hooked, the next time they heal another survivor, they will become injured and broken for the next 40/50/60 seconds. When this happens, you see their aura for 3/4/5 seconds. After the 40/50/60 seconds has finished, they will automatically be fully healed.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

I don't want to see new perks before we won't have at least 80% of existing perks at least in okish state, especially on killer side.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,172
    edited April 27
    Options

Survivor perks:

Mechanic's Ingenuity.

After being in chase with the killer for at least 90 seconds total, press the active ability button on a generator to activate Mechanic's Ingenuity. The next regression event the killer applies on that gen is reduced to 0% damage (does not add towards the 8 regression event limit however).

Unbending Will.

After being unhooked Unbending Will activates for 90 seconds. While Unbending Will is active the survivor gains 7% haste. The perk deactivates after being healed or performing a conspicuous action. For as long as Unbending Will is active no items other than medkits can be used by that survivor.

Killer perk:

Malicious Tenacity.

Hitting a survivor with a basic attack grants a stack up to a maximum of 12 stacks. Hooking a survivor inflicts the exhausted status effect on all other survivors for 5 seconds per stack and applies killer instinct on one survivor with the least hook stages for 6 seconds. This perk deactivates when a survivor dies.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 63
    Options

I don't necessarily have any perks in particular, I'd say. I would love to see more general perks tho. Especially on the survivor side I would love to see new ones, band aid perks like Reassurance being locked behind a paywall is somewhat outrageous. The last time we got one of these was when Shattered Hope was introduced for the killers to deal with boon totems. That was a nice way to deal with the boon meta without having to buy a whole new chapter.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,694
    Options

For Killer,

A perk that allows the Killer to rebuild a hook.

Maybe takes 3 seconds to do? Don't think the perk needs any other bells and whistles.

Obviously would be a handy counter to sabo squads, but generally it'd be nice to have as countermeasure against survivors dying on hooks that create deadzones.

Of course, this is the type of QoL update where once it is a perk everyone will be asking why its not basekit.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    edited April 27
    Options

Oh yeah! There’s way more that can be done with crows. Like disturbing a certain number of crows gives broken or triggers some other status penalty. Or a Survivor crow perk could reveal the Killer’s aura after the Killer disturbs like ten crows or something.

• Xernoton
    Options

That's the entire point of the killer instinct though. That it absolutely cannot be countered. It's also why the devs use it so sparingly.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,865
    Options

A perk that allows the killer to rummage chests and change their addons mid-match.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 230
    Options

Okay, this sounds absolutely hilarious. Turn into a bush at will

• dbdplayerabc123
    edited April 28
    Options

@lagosta Wow I really like this idea holy crap, maybe only 2 or 3 times, though, and/or make it a hex perk. A perk like that would go super well with perks like corrupt and lethal pursuer. Would go well with hex builds, too; you could just change perks if your hex gets cleansed. I really want this perk now.

Post edited by dbdplayerabc123 on
  • dbdplayerabc123
    Options

If it's used so sparingly, then it would render that perk to be severely niche, just like calm spirit, and majority of the time you're throwing away a perk slot. That's why I don't think it would be that big of a deal to add a perk that offers killer instinct immunity, it could even be conditional if it makes everyone feel better.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 122
    Options

Vault speed perk to finally replace Spine Chill.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 360
    edited April 28
    Options

Boon: Quid Pro Quo

A boon created from a mutual agreement with the Entity itself, benefiting both sides greatly.

You start the trial with 1 token.

Whenever a generator is repaired, you gain a token.

Blessing a totem consumes 2 tokens.

This effect does not affect other boon perks.

After a survivor is picked up by the killer in the boon's radius, the boon's power activates for 40/50/60 seconds.

During this time, any hook in the 4/6/8 m radius of the killer breaks for 10/20/30 seconds.

All survivors in the boon's radius suffer from the Exposed status effect.

Amnesia

You know from experience how much harm can medicine do if it's used in the wrong way.

You start the trial with 4 vials.

You can drop these vials anywhere on the map, seeing their auras from 24 meters away.

If anyone, killer or survivor, steps on a vial, it will break and create a cloud of gas. Anyone in this cloud of gas will be affected by Blindness and Amnesia for 30/45/60 seconds.

Amnesia conceals the player's HUD, hiding the amount of generators remaining, the states of survivors, status effects etc.

Into the Shadows

You have developed an ability to recognize the right time to step out of danger's way.

Every 60 seconds of total chase time, this perk activates, inflicting Exhausted for 5 seconds.

When the Exhaustion timer ends, following effects happen for 5/10/15 seconds:

• You won't leave any scratch marks or pools of blood.

• The killer will be unable to see your aura.

• Grunts of pain and your footsteps will be muffled by 100%

• TrickstersFanatic
    TrickstersFanatic Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hex: Technical Torture

All generators are completely blocked until this hex totem is cleansed or a survivor is put into the dying state

• TrickstersFanatic
    TrickstersFanatic Member Posts: 10
    Options

It’s buffed corrupt intervention but a hex perk

• Xernoton
    edited April 28
    Options

Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal but it's against the very purpose of the killer instinct. It's supposed to be an uncounterable source of information. That is literally the only reason why it exists. So that some information is guaranteed given the circumstances for triggering killer instinct are fulfilled. Anything that is meant to be counterable is done with either aura vision or screaming.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

a perk that grants 5% haste for 30 seconds when a survivor finishes a gen.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

I like iron will to go back to what it was because survivoral horror games means that a person needs=to keep quiet no matter how much pain they are. I do not want any new perks because if its too good its complaint from killers to nerf it.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

Not necessarily powers, but for types of perks:

1. A Survivor Boon which acts like a Hex - active at the start but, once found and snuffed, cannot be relit.
    2. Likewise, Killer Hexes that can be cast by the killer whenever they approach a dull totem, which maybe grants them power whilst within range, like a Boon.
    3. Perks based on previous bugs: for example, a survivor perk which dummies a vault, where the survivor half-vaults, then immediately returns to where they were.
    4. Killer perks which allow them to set environmental traps. Same with survivors.
    5. Perks which make forgable parts appear on the map, which players can gather and create unique items.
    6. More of a retred than anything new, but perks that grant bonuses once the trial is over, such as BP or XP bonuses.
    7. Perks which don't necessarily do anything when first equipt, but fill up with a power, so in another trial players can cast the perks power to either increase effectiveness of an existibg perk, or offer a minor 5th perk-like ability.
    8. Elemental perks.
    9. Crazy perks, such as Nicholas Cage's perks, to be thrown in more often, be they either survivor or killer perks.
    10. Perks which can alter the terrain or map layouts in some way.

I have other ideas, but basically perks should only be limited by imagination. Hopefully, the new engine will allow more ideas to be usable in future.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

I would love a perk on both sides that acts as a "challenge". Like a "I will down you / survive in chase in X amount of time" and if you pull it off, you get a reward, and if you fail, you get punished.

Survivor who hasn't been hooked yet? I can catch you in 60 seconds at this jungle gym. I get a reward for doing so that offsets not tunneling/camping. Killer tunneling? I take a hit and challenge you to chase. Can't down me? I do gens faster to punish tunneling or reward outplay in chase.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

unfortunately this concept will never see fruition due to imbalances between killers and maps. But it is fun to think about.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options
  • duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 302
    Options

any means necessary but for destroyed pallets

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

Having boosted Gen progression for having a Survivor die

• RaSavage42
    Options

That'll be a deterrent for Tunnelers looking for the Quick kills

Plus it'll help the 3V1 for like 60 seconds but how much is still up in the air (10%, 15%, 20%)

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

Oh sure. Absolutely.

Even though I don’t mind tunneling, camping, slugging, gen rushing, etc. the perk idea still sounds fun! I imagine it’d get value by virtue of existing just like Blood Warden.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,168
    edited April 28
    Options

I'd be a bit more humble in my perk requests. I'd mostly want to cover the weaknesses left from the Stranger Things perks being removed from the common pool.

Might be a little boring of me, but these would be my suggestions.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

There's already one in existence: the Chemical Trap Ripley brought along. Depending on how many sub-sections of elements that are considered, there could be plenty of opportunities!

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,038
    Options

Universal perk for survivors: Ghostpath.

When you are unhooked or unhook yourself, Ghostpath activates for 80 seconds. While it is active, press the active ability button while running to slip into the spirit realm for 10 seconds. While in the spirit realm, you are blinded and oblivious, and cannot see the killer, other survivors, or breakable objects. You cannot interact with anything, you cannot collide with killers or survivors, you cannot be seen by anyone, and you leave no scratch marks, blood pools, make no noise, show no aura and show no killer instinct.

Ghostpath deactivates once it has been used, or if a conspicuous action is performed.

Universal perk for killers: Grim determination.

Every time you are blinded or hit with a pallet while carrying a survivor, Grim Determination gains a token. For every token, you recover 10% faster from getting blinded or hit with a pallet while carrying a survivor.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,569
    edited April 29
    Options

A perk suppressing KI would be unhealthy. Some of the killers rely heavy on it to function (most namely legion), others don't have any KI at all. So any perk suppressing it would affect the killers pretty unevenly. Yes you can make it pretty situational, but If it's too niche to be played, why adding it in the game in the first place?

Killer instinct is special thing. It is solely bound to killer powers and addons. And its explicitly designed to NOT be influenced by any perk , neither survivor nor killer ones!

"But wait, what about Ultiamte Weapon, it reveals the location of a survivor, isn't that KI?"

Actually no. KI highlights the survivors outline and creates visual & auditory heartbeats for each affected survivor. It also may linger for quite some time, enabling the killer to track survivors with it (see Legion).

Revealing the location of a survivor just creates a visual indicator where the survivor stood at the point ot activation (e.g. Rancor when a gen gets done). You cannot really track with it, it just gives general knowledge where survivors are. Some perks also have a scream effect tied to it (UW, IF), which will be tied to the location reveal, so calm spirit should suppress both scream and indicator.

You could think about a perk that disables the visual indicator, compared to calm spirit disabling the scream. But I don't think thats worth it, there are simply not that much perks that reveal survivors (without screaming), and even then that perks are the weaker ones a killer can bring.

Edit: I was just thinking, that some KI protection could be incorporated basekit as a tunneling protection. Something like Endurance giving KI protection, so Off the record would be very potent in hiding from a (tunneling) killer.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 397
    Options

I'd like to see a new type of trapped Hex totem perk where if a survivor interacts with the hex totem it injures/deep wounds them, blocks itself(to kick the survivor off of the totem), then moves to a different totem location.

This would make it to where survivors would have to actually think twice about touching a Hex totem that they see without knowing what they're looking for since it would hurt them and its ability to change spots can make it harder to tell if it's a specific totem you're looking for or the trapped one. It's essentially just a totem that just simply exists and doesn't like being touched.

Yes, it's not the most useful thing in the world, but I'd still use it since it'd be funny.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

No way not boring at all! These sound really fun honestly

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

Wow great idea for both perks! Ghost Path sounds especially fun!

• HerInfernalMajesty
    edited April 29
    Options

@ azulra
    How interesting. This would be really interesting to use with Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. Great suggestion!

• RaSavage42
    Options

Honestly I would go through what we have make changes to them then come up with new ideas