If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Plague's stun shadow nerf is a TERRIBLE CHANGE

Options
Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,182
edited April 27 in Feedback and Suggestions

If you're not aware, Plague got shadownerfed, with no mention in the patch notes, where every type of stun removes the Corrupt Purge.

This Plague change will not "bring consistency", it will just incentivize slugging people with Decisive Strike, puking on all gens with Thanatophobia and stealth perks like Unforeseen or Trail of Torment, and punish those players who go for chases, just to get punished by a Head On.

It's not good, it's an undeserved nerf.

But hey, let Nurse, Blight, Spirit, Chucky, Oni, still have all their power stacks after getting Decisive Strike'd, why not!

Comments

• BlueMoonBRUHMOMENT
    BlueMoonBRUHMOMENT Member Posts: 86
    Options

It's also really weird how BHVR is shying away from killer power targeted perks (Adren and Freddy), but then back peddling and making stun perks interact with Plague's power.

Also, a "5 year bug" is a feature at this point unironically.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,182
    Options

Exactly. I wish there was something constructive to say.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 467
    Options

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's a bug.

With how many things the 7.7.0 update broke, it's not far-fetched to assume Plague's power could have gotten caught in the crossfire.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 240
    Options

I agree. This change just feels terrible and will turn Plague into a more sluggish killer which will not be funny for survivors. I also think less players will give Plague a try because they will get quickly annyoied when they lose the power through DS, Head On, or Blast Mind.

I really hope the developers will remove this from her and if they want to nerf her, nerf her in the right way and if they want to fix her bugs, fix her important bugs that make her unfun to play.

No it is not a bug. The devs confirmed it in their bugreportforum (watch Otz' video he shows it there) that it way always intendet that she loses her power by any stun and not only by pallet - they needed five years to fix a bug nobody asked for…

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 467
    Options

Huh, unexpected.

It won't really change much though, I think the biggest difference will be if a Plague tunnels while in her power and gets hit with DS. It still won't give free escapes due to deactivating in endgame (which is good) but at least her power won't make DS a mild inconvenience at best, ideally DS should deactivate all Killer powers for like 5-7 seconds to equalize it's effectiveness without making it even worse for weaker/M1 Killers (which is what a lot of changes since 7.5.0 do).

It's a shame though (although one could argue that it adds depth since a team coming together to make a Survivor wiggle out or managing a Head-on/Blind save can actually counter the Killer's power and let's not deny Plague's Corrupt Purge power is among the most powerful, wiggling out didn't mean much) since it makes the power all the more "precious" and heightens the skill floor (respecting pallets/knowing how to avoid saves etc.) without making the skill ceiling also higher.

The only annoying thing about it, just like the unnecessary Sloppy nerf, is that (apart from tunnelling situations) only experienced Survivors will truly be able to take advantage of this "new" weakness on purpose, it will likely change next to nothing against inexperienced Survivors that can't pull off saves consistently.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it might get reverted with enough outcry (then again, the "Anti-3-gen" had entire threads against it with videos included and nothing yet, the current perk meta supporting it) since the game and Plague worked just fine without this added caveat to her power and encouraged mindgames over just camping/baiting pallets.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

Yeah I have to agree. Losing a power that you very well may only get once or twice per game, to a random Blast Mine or Head On feels awful and isn't really fair. The risk/reward around pallets removing Corrupt Purge is fine because pallets are more predictable and the killer has to make a mistake to get pallet stunned (and I would say this counter existing is fair due to how strong Corrupt Purge is). But on the other hand, a random stun from a perk is far more unpredictable and often doesn't come as the result of a killer misplay. You can lose your power with no warning just because you decided to kick a generator.

Also if this is actually a bug and she was always intended to work like this, how did it take 5 years to fix especially when she's been buffed multiple times during that timeframe? If the intent was to nerf her, there are far better ways to do it such as nerfing her really strong iridescent addons (which do probably need to be toned down imo).