The new DS made this game better

Options
2»

Comments

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 690
    Options

Because 3 seconds was way too short of a duration. It was practically useless against killers like Blight, Chucky, Nurse, etc. If you want to avoid getting stunned with DS, just don't pick up, or avoid the survivors that are in lockers, they are just distracting you, instead find the ones that you haven't hooked yet if you want your Pop/Pain Res, once those 60 seconds are up they have to wait until they are hooked to be able to have a chance to use it.

Two extra seconds is a good thing for the perk.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

So it does make a difference after all. That's my point. 3 seconds was not very good, so it also wasn't a big deal when DS was used to bodyblock. You'd simply down and tunnel them for free. Now with a 5 seconds however, this still puts you in a lose-lose situation.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 690
    Options

So you agree with the 3 seconds not being very good, but now with the 5 seconds it's apparently not very fun to verse and puts you in a lose-lose situation, what would you do to the perk then? Since your point is that the extra two seconds is apparently such a big deal.

• Nerfpopalready
    Nerfpopalready Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 85
    Options

I have played since 2017 Decisive has mainly been a 5 second stun my whole playtime this is not a big deal to me as a killer or survivor player killers are now respecting DS again which is a good thing it’s making killer players think twice about that early tunnel out and it’s also very nice seeing all my team mates running it too it’s a worthwhile perk now because it’s guaranteed value when you get aggressive tunneling at five gens also way more new player friendly gives them more time to look for a good spot to loop again if the killer chooses to chase after the DS has been ate

if someone body blocks with DS slug em sure unbreakable but that’s a one time thing then continue your chase with the other survivor that’s two survivors not doing anything

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,332
    Options

Possibly scenario 2.

If the two survivors that aren’t repairing in scenario 1, are slowing down the killer’s progress enough, then scenario 2 benefits the killer more than scenario 1.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

You completely ignore the point. It's not about DS as an anti tunnel perk, it's about DS as a tunnel perk. As in, it incentivises the killer to tunnel. That's exactly what happens when a survivor with DS comes running up to you to bodyblock for their team mate.

What I would to DS is:

1. Increase the stun time to 7 seconds. It's supposed to be a very strong protection against tunneling and I personally think an extra 2 seconds wouldn't make that big of a difference for weaker killers because they already have to give up on that chase after a 5 seconds stun but it would definitely help against stronger killers, who can tunnel through DS without much of an issue.
    2. Rework base kit BT, so that the unhooked survivor loses collision with the killer and becomes completely immune to hits and killer powers for the duration. The perk BT would extend this effect. It would also serve as a passive buff to OTR.
    3. Make DS deactivate upon taking a protection hit.

If necessary, increase the duration to 80 seconds and give it map wide Bond for as long as it's active too. This would make DS a much stronger anti tunnel perk, while removing situations in which it is misused.

If you want protection against tunneling, then I am with you 100%. However I am not ok with a perk that should be a last line of defense against tunneling but is then used as a weapon against a killer that actively avoids tunneling.