If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

KILLERS! Is This True About Offerings?!

Options
CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,615

I have heard a lot of Killers streaming saying that until the last big patch, the Killer could open up the match details screen and know exactly which Survivor brought which offering.

Was that real?

Is it gone on purpose or just a bug?

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 801
    Options

Gonna guess it's because survivors who brought a map offering got tunneled so it's to reduce tunneling based off offering.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 131
    Options

Yes, they can assuming all 4 survivors brought offerings then they are in the same order as the survivors on the hud. For whatever reason behavior wants one side to see offerings, items, and prestiges in the pregame and the other side to not. It is more of a they never thought to fix it situation imo. There is no good argument a killer can see things like items in the pregame so they can counter them with perks.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,694
    Options

I still find it pretty obvious which survivor brings the offering—assuming they brought it for the competitive advantage.

Survivors who bring map offerings often play/path more intentionally, and have an air of confidence about them.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 615
    edited May 2
    Options

If someone brings a map offering, I guess I'll just have to kill everyone now just to make sure I got the right Survivor. I hate map offerings with a passion.

In my Survivor games, it did seem like Killers were being nastier than usual if a map offering was in play and I guess now I know why.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

It's funny but I never gave much thought into that… but most of the Survivors that did bring a Map offering were the first to die or they would live long enough to see the other 3 Survivors die… and it's the same for those Survivors that bring a hatch offering

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,924
    Options

Sort of; you had to have 4 Survivors bring offerings. Within the match details screen the order of offerings matches the order that players appear on that screen. So you could figure out who brought what.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,068
    Options

Not often it's because they want to give you bad match but because they want to have good match maybe they had bad ones before where killer gave them unpleasant experience. Now many maps have been changed to have less pallets and loops too so they might just not want to always play on bad map either. Killers bring lot of map offerings too so not like survivors are the only ones.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options

There are a good argument. It is one player against four, killer need some pre game advantages. And the reason why survivors can't see the killer is pretty obvious, Survivors would make builds around the killers they're going to face and that would be unfair. For example all survivors equiping Calm Spirit if they see they're going to face the Doctor.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

Sometimes yeah, you can say with confidence that this buddy took offering, sometimes it's just awful player which want to be carried by map / dh / styptic / adren, because he's terrible in chase. Otz's rule in action too.
    And at least 50% map offerings bring swf along with all most broken stuff, so i can't do anything about guys want to play easy mode anyway.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 131
    Options

The entire game is balanced around it being 1v4. The fact that there is 4 survivors and only 1 killer is the weakest argument this forum may have every seen.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options
  • Renaest0721
    Renaest0721 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 10
    Options

They made it random recently didn’t they?

I don't think you can see it anymore.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 106
    Options

Well if I can't know which survivior sent me to a map and make this game miserable for that person then I have to make it miserable for everyone… unlucky

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

Welp, what's a bit of collateral damage among friends, eh? Now they'll all bleed out on the ground.