Otz calls out Survivor Entitlement and Devs not Killswitching

Options

Comments

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 497
    Options

That is just "your" experience literally for example Scott jund played perkless wraith on stream with no addons and geuss what survivors still gave up

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,150
    Options

There is no excuse not kill-switching these maps and bugged perk yesterday.

As for the despicable behavior of some players, it'll be great if they could get a penalty but I don't see how to do it easily.

Is there a point reporting the perk exploiter?

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 497
    Options

No Devs confirmed they don't ban people who abuse perks or broken map offerings

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,150
    Options

Makes sense as they are ultimately the ones responsible for this.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 617
    Options

It would take a uniquely petulant kind of person to remain playing a game where they don't have fun just to make sure everyone else isn't having fun. It's not how normal people behave; normal people stop playing the game, they don't actively contribute to others not wanting to play the game. There is something fundamentally wrong with the game, on many levels, entitled players removing what little fun others have left is certainly one of those issues.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,462
    Options

the thumbnail…😭

• amaken
    amaken Member Posts: 4
    Options

I think people forget DBD is an asymmetrical …HORROR SURVIVAL… killers aren’t inherently broken. Passives are just what carry them harder than the perks. We saw that in lights out. Many of the top killers perkless were no match. Passives carried. When skull merchant got nerfed on this year people still complained chess merchant.

The other day I played dredge and a dude called me a hacker cause he kept getting caught out. Survivors have a million combinations versus the smaller killer pool of perks. I’ve seen down right abusive 200% speed builds, the drive by flashbangs, unbreakable/adrenaline abuse. Then people complain you’re killer. I’m pyramid head not wesker. I’m dredge not skull merchant. But somehow it’s warrant enough to either flex hard af on a killer or die on hook cause he’s running meta perks.

Only reason the perks are meta are to counter survivors. Y’all forgot people were running calm spirit and distortion for friends till the end. Many killers gave up on that and you still ran that combo. Removing penalties is not going to help selfish survivors. Either learn to adapt to the situation or get up from your seat walk out the door take a deep breath of outside air and come back for another match when you’re in a seemingly unwinnable situation.

• amaken
    Options

I’m glad you said from your experience. It’s not wrong cause once again watch otz videos. Him Willie coconutrts you’ll see dcs happen for dumb reasons. Specifically each person made a video and bhvr posted the Jan-February patch notes and skull merchant was still high kills. I harp on her cause no matter what the do she will for ever have a bad rep.no one can play certain killers for fun cause they’re try hard or not fun. How many hags or ph you’ve seen.

I’ve always like sadako and only v2 I thought was broken af. The other day I streamed sadako and 2 dcs while I streamed in discord and my friends are like why. Literally stigma that she’s still a slugger. Not all survivors are entitled but a lot are glad you’re not. Same with killers we have a ######### Tom of toxic ones and I get toxic too when people bm. The issue is the game lacks sportsmanship on both side.

Survivors need to learn to stop using meta and make builds that work for you. Running meta with randoms that most likely don’t have the same mindset in solo q isn’t going to help when they work against your plans. All this to say a decent amount of survivors hate the survival aspect of dbd cause Strat and skill.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386
    Options

Survivors need to learn to stop using meta and make builds that work for you. 

Please provide us with some of the builds that could be useful and could at least a little counter killer meta :)

• amaken
    Options

like I said I don’t play to meta and win matches I stalk the killer do gens and leave. For me it’s not about winning it’s about testing different ways to get out. I’m not by any means an altruist. I’ll assist but I’m the scum bag that will leave you to pop two gens. In that way it forces killer to come to me and others can save you.

I was running deadline with hyperfocus, the Ripley perk to see Allie’s when I come out of lockers for vision and Adam’s perk the pebble throw. And all I would do is distract them get injured and stay away rest of game pop gens. My team did their part by just looping the killer

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 383
    Options

Away from the discussion around survivors DC’ing, it is actually shameful that BHVR have not killswitched the perk Otz is talking about it. It is also ridiculous that the bugged maps have not been killswitched. At this point I have to ask, has too much actually gone wrong since this last update? And BHVR actually don’t have the staff to handle it? Because we seem to be at an unprecedented level of issues with the game that they can’t deal with.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,405
    Options

Iirc, they only have bans for comp.

So far as I know, DBD doesn't have a competitive mode. Maybe if they let us see our MMR...

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

The problem is that’s not what the video is really about. It was just one part of the video. In large part it’s BHVRs lack of action when it comes to exploiting and giving up.

Over the years we have had countless exploits within the game that players abuse on both sides and BHVR taking way too long with both fixing them and or kill switching them till they are fixed. He probably just focused on the survivor exploits because they are way more obvious right now. He has allowed condoned exploiting too and it’s a lot easier to hid the name of a perk in an example match then a killer.

In terms of DCing outside of SM games it’s kind of a rarity. The thing is Otz plays DBD as a full time job and thus will encounter these situations a disproportionate amount of times compared to the average person.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,361
    edited May 3
    Options

Used to. They put them into the quick matches and casual ones to lower the amount of RQs.

Post edited by supersonic853 on
  • Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 126
    Options

Survivors absolutely are entitled but BHVR also made matters worse by basically allowing one free DC per day (and many people don't mind the second 5min DC as well).

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,462
    edited May 3
    Options

Btw most of the video is about how broken the game is currently for either side and the reasons for unsportsmanlike conduct.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,237
    edited May 3
    Options

I mean I don’t think the 4% should exist at all. It’s just a free rng escape chance. That said his change sounds good. Remove the struggle phase and no longer allow them to remove themselves on hook.

While there are of course legitimate game problems that annoy people I think the major cause is simply entitlement.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 342
    Options

The game hasn't been about skill for a long time. In a game that has god pallets, and almost every time it's safe for a Survivor to pre drop every pallet they run to and the Killer will waste so much time getting them that they will lose because of it.

Styptic Agent and Anti-hemorrhagic Syringe exist. And are used all the time by so called good Survivors. Talk about skill in a sarcastic way there.

Perks like Corrupt are easily played around and usually are worthless to use on any killer other than Hag, Trapper, Cenobite. Since every other Killer will want to get into a chase right away.

You talk like Killer intel perks hand them easy wins. They don't, simply knowing where a Survivor is means nothing if where they will take too long to get a down.

25% is 22.5 seconds. Hardly a long time to sit on a gen for. Also, there is no skill in just sitting on a gen in order for your team to win. Like I said at the start, skill hasn't been a thing needed in DBD for a long time. Just like there is no skill in focusing one or two people out as quickly as possible. There's intelligence to both of those plays, but it isn't skillful.

It's also not "balanced" that Survivors have perks that are uncounterable: For The People+Buckle Up. Background Player+Flashbang. Both of these uncounterable synergies prevent the Killer from using the slowdown that you hate so much btw. Maybe try using them too. Become another Survivor that makes your team invincible. Literally a 9-Lives meta

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Options

Well, Overwatch has done nothing but try to kill off the casual playerbase and fully commit to being a competitive game for years, so I can't say I'm too surprised.

I'd hate for DBD to head down that road.

• Pulsar
    Options

I think a lot of that is to due with the fact that most people have accepted that if they go down, their game is likely over.

Could be wrong, but that's the attitude I've seen. Especially for early downs.

I really think Survivors need a mid-match or late-match comeback mechanic. I think that would help out a lot.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,105
    Options
  • _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 342
    Options

What are you responding to exactly? Coz I pretty much said that exact same thing in my comment, and then I made it clear "quitting is not playing the game."

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

Some system like the following IMO would incentivize healthier gameplay for both sides (although I know increasing gen speeds at all would and can be seen as very annoying, but for the sake of balance and health I think it’s necessary).

• 4 survivors alive: Gen speeds are 10-15%% slower, meaning they now take 9 seconds longer for a solo gen, putting solo repair speed at 99 seconds or 103.5 seconds
    • 3 survivors alive: Gen speeds are 10-15% faster, meaning a solo gen takes between 76.5 and 81 seconds (not sure if 15% would be too much tbh)
    • 2 survivors alive: Gen speeds increase by 35%, meaning a solo gen takes 58.5 seconds to complete.

Killers would be more incentivized to spread pressure and (potentially) not feel as big of a need to stack gen regression. Survivors would be more incentivized to stick the game as they now have some sort of chance of getting out even in the common scenario of 3 people left 3 gens left. These numbers are a spitball and I’m sure with testing a better range can be found but repair speeds should be based off survivors left so issues like people immediately quitting upon an early down don’t feel like the match is automatically lost.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,623
    Options

A lot of people just don't like the game…but play the game...

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 542
    edited May 3
    Options

Trying to balance a game around 3 groups of players is never going to work. The game has constantly been shifting towards having balance between SWF & Killers, which ultimately makes solo queue players extremely weak. Add in the 60/40 desired win/lose ratio for killers and you have an even bigger gap when it comes to balance.

The biggest portion of the playerbase comes from solo queue and what you're now seeing is the consequence of solo queue players feeling like they have been abused and left out of game balancing for over a year.

BHVR are making changes but it's never enough and they're too scared of balancing around solo v killer due to the fact that it would make SWF god tier and most likely cause massive issues with queue times if Killers just decided to quit.

Its really an impossible situation because whatever they do they will lose. The healthiest thing for DBD would have been to never allow SWF teams in the first place, as that would have made balancing significantly easier, but that ship sailed long ago and it's definitely not a viable option these days.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 842
    Options

I don't blame them with that mindset. Keep in mind a killer has the power to determine the flow and the feeling of the match depending on any tactic they do. Regardless if it's tunneling, camping etc which ruins the experience for 4 ppl in the lobby just to make 1 person feel good in the game. But of course, always play like you want. Also, majority of ppl play survivor anyways so you'll hear their complaints more often

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386
    Options

4 survivors alive: Gen speeds are 10-15%% slower, meaning they now take 9 seconds longer for a solo gen, putting solo repair speed at 99 seconds or 103.5 seconds

Oh I remember what happened in the first day that bhvr added +10 seconds to each gen - every killer used Thana so every gen was unbearable. I wonder what will happen when you increase gen time even more? Maybe let survivors work on one gen for 2 minutes straight, so PR+POP+Grim combo would be even more balanced on Blight/Wesker? :)

• Pulsar
    Options

If I wanted to play a super serious game, I would've played comp.

You'd think Blizzard would stop digging their own grave, but I suppose not.