If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

A Reasonable Buff to Made For This.

Options

Made for this used to be one of, if not, the best survivor perk we have ever had in the game. The perk was rightfully nerfed. However the perk doesn't see much use these days. The perk has potential and some small tweaks could help it compete with other meta perks while not being overpowered.

Made for this could have it's activation condition changed to also include the broken status effect. The perk would gain some small synergies with perks such as Deliverance, For The People, No Mither and a few others. In exchange you could bring back the exhaustion interaction. This would broaden the applications of the perk and restore it to being a small, but valid choice in the meta.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,640
    Options

I think his goal is to make No mither+Made for this to be a synergy.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,342
    edited May 4
    Options

They specifically mentioned FTP and such in their OP so idk where you got the idea its just for No Mither. Might be a joke but technically that would be a synergy, just not a good one.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,226
    Options

I don't like the idea of this buff cause it hurts plague like it currently hurts legion and deathslinger and it would discourage the use of perks and add-ons that apply broken, just like how distortion currently discourages the use of aura reading perks and add-ons.

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 96
    Options

You can already be put into deep wound with FTP/Buckle UP to trigger the perk. This would allow you to run it with FTP alone (worth mentioning that FTP does NOT trigger endurance from MFT).

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,342
    edited May 4
    Options

… and if you run it with FTP + BU you now also have a speed boost whether you got the endurance hit or not because FTP always puts you in broken status. Opposed to now where you have to also get DW and it's only for as long as you have DW.

In your version instead it's guaranteed 60 second MFT on every use even if you don't get DW. So it's buffed. For the person using FTP at least.

So now instead of just the person the killer hits getting the boost, now potentially 1 is getting it from broken and the other from DW. It also encourages tunneling the person who got picked up as the FTP user now has a speed boost immediately for 60 seconds while as you can wait 10 secs for the other.

Unless you exclude endurance to sub it with broken, this is just a buff to the combo. There's no way around that. Even then, now you're encouraging tunneling even more as the FTP user now has a speed boost while the other doesn't.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options

It's still quite solid where it's at now, I don't think it needs buffs. I also can also see your buff being abused a few different ways.

• Devil_hit11
    edited May 4
    Options

i find it too weak to put into a build. Not enough consistency and too expensive.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 289
    Options

Poor Plague

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Off the Record?

We'll Make It?

Dead Hard?

Medkit with styptic?

It's not that hard to proc.... I actually run it with We're Gonna Live Forever, and it has allowed me to unga bunga heal a slug, the none scummy version of BU+FTP. I've even managed to use it in EGC and get out of gate. Is quite easy to proc in my experience.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

i used to run we'll make it with old MFT. Having an empty perk slot for like 66% of your games is not worth it in my opinion. OTR+DH as requirement to equip MFT is too expensive. Given that they buffed decisive strike for no reason, they might buff MFT one day and revive it from the grave.

• UndeddJester
    edited May 5
    Options

I would argue that since I get tunneled in 10% of my games tops, Decisive Strike even with 5s isn't worth it either by the same logic, even if the effect is strong... which MFTs effect most certainly is.

That seems like sensible perk design doesn't it? Weaker consistent effects, stronger less consistent effects?

Personally I would be very much against MFT and its free activation condition tailored to screw over m1 killers specifically coming back.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

in my opinion, less consistent effects don't work in dbd. the perk is either consistent and good or consistent and bad.

there is no perk where it is inconsistent and good. For example, Mettle of man has insane effect. You can tank an extra hit. Problem? It is too inconsistent. bad perk.

When MFT was consistent, the perk was good. Right now the perk is dead. OP post is suggesting you to run No Mither or Weaving spiders perk to make it a consistent perk.

• UndeddJester
    Options

I agree with that statement, consistent does mean good, and inconsistent means bad. That was the issue though with old MFT though wasn't it? It was far too consistent.

It always worked for the survivor by them literally doing nothing, which was also the problem with old Decisive Strike, and is why Decisive Strike got its effect buffed, not its consistency.

I don't think MFT needs a buff myself. It's fun to build around as it is, and permanent haste perks like that aren't healthy to my mind in the meta. The maps are built for 4m/s survivors not 4.12m survivors, and killer powers are balanced to the same. However if MFT needs a buff it should be to give it a stronger more obvious effect, not be buffed to bring it back to the "activates for free" perk it was before.

E.g. A 5% speed boost until the survivor does a conspicuous action.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

decisive strike is a consistent perk because you can bodyblock with it. It is also consistent in the sense that a killer that does not tunnel "plays worse" by giving the survivor team more time to do generators. now the perk is borderline over-tuned vs B-tier or lower killers such that there is no reason to not run it.

• UndeddJester
    edited May 5
    Options

Not that I think body blocking is particularly effective, nor do I think tunneling is so heavily required to win. The more the killer tunnels, the less pressure they exert to keep survivors off gens, so you basically have the game decided by how well the tunneled survivor survives the tunnel... but let's say for sake of argument you're right and I accept DS being buffed is a very consistently useful perk in aid of winning the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't that sound unhealthy for the game? If DS is overtuned, isn't that a bad thing? Why exactly is old MFT consistency good for the game overall if bringing back the consistency of DS is overtuned?

Or have I completely misunderstood and you weren't advocating to bring MFT back as it was, and instead just want it to be buffed to be somewhere in the middle?

• Devil_hit11
    Options

I don't think current DS is healthy for the game. the pre-nerfed version was alright because you had to be pretty good at looping to get value out of it. the very good survivors still used DS. Now it is just free value for any survivor player. So basically auto-include in every build.

MFT is same logic as pre-nerfed DS. strong perk when a good player uses it, Less of a noticeable perk when a bad looper uses it.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 112
    Options

The whole point of the MFT nerf was to allow killers to more easily play around it since injuring the survivor is unavoidable and will happen at some point in the match. This would go against what the nerf was supposed to achieve and make survivors benefit from the Haste when the killer didn't really have control over it with perks like Deliverance and For The People.