What does swf mean?

Options
Tzimiscelord
Tzimiscelord Member Posts: 103
edited May 8 in General Discussions

I have heard in youtube videos youtubers talking about it or saying tha tthose 3 players are swf and i dont know what it means, what it does or how can i know if they are swf.

Probably because english is not my main language.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

SWF = Survive with Friends

Survivors playing together in a premade group, often on Comms.

• Mysterioso
    Mysterioso Member Posts: 80
    Options

SWF is a lingo we use in DBD to shorten the word Survive With Friends.

Some other examples of this are KYF = Kill Your Friends, or shortening perk names to syllables.

You really cannot know if a survivor team is really together unless you like look at their profiles to see if they're friends with the others. Mostly, It's just guesswork imo and being like this group is super coordinated.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

It refers to the old party system from years ago: Survive with Friends, shortened to SWF.

You may also hear people say “swiff” or something to that effect. It just means playing with other people you know and/or are in comms with.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

oke hear me out it could also mean sucks without friends since most people say soloq is so bad right now

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,402
    Options

Now now, I ran with some PlayStation folks a while back that I couldn't talk to through the Xbox, and two on Xbox who chose not to join.

But, yeah nearly all are on comms.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
  • tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 512
    Options

The easiest way to determine if someone is a SWF is to use Franklin's Demise. After one of us is attacked and the presence of the perk is known, our friends who are connected to the VC will place items near the Gen and so on. This is a technique to prevent the effect of the perk from depleting your gauge and to allow you and your companions to utilize the medikit and toolbox as needed.

If you are using another stealth killer such as Michael or Ghostface, even if you are not in a competitive SWF, you can simply yell, "Whoa, Michael's looking at me!"will make the rest of your teammates more alert and make it tougher for them to get around you from then on.

• KTH
    KTH Member Posts: 10
    Options

I just love how someone just asked a simple question that has a simple answer and people here start having a conversation that isn't even relevant to this topic

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,664
    Options

I'm going to close this thread here; as the OP's question has been answered, and the thread has turned into off-topic discussions that were becoming aggressive.

You can discuss other topics in new or existing threads, but please remember to keep comments civil and constructive when doing so. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.