If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Invocation Is Now a Must Run!

Options

60 Seconds for 7 brand new parts is insane! If you don’t use this perk you are actually throwing the game lol. I’m going to permanently run it with DH, OTR , and SB. What do you guys think? Is it good enough now?

Comments

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

BHVR proved once again they don't understand what middle ground is. It's either too weak or stupidly strong. Perk wasn't even that bad in swf.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 552
    Options

Sprint burst for back up when you don’t have DH like before being hooked. Or after if you miss it and the killer loses you. Since you only get it twice. I will say I’m not great at survivor lol but it’s what I figure has the best survivability

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,173
    Options

Survivor that uses it will still get permanent broken the entire match though.

But considering Genrush is Survivor meta, maybe we’ll be seeing it very often in high MMR and comps.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    edited May 9
    Options

It's still not for me, but at the very least hopefully people won't get trolled by team mates for using it now. They'll probably get joined if anything

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 716
    Options

grim embrace

Blocked generator can’t be regressed or progressed

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Dang lol you got a point I guess. I guess I’ll swap DH for DS since that’s still super OP and a killer will probably try to tunnel me for using it lol.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,049
    edited May 9
    Options

Edit: never mind, I see you already realized what I said. My bad, sorry for repeating what you already figured out

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,214
    Options

Yes survivors please bring this perk! /s

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 352
    Options

You cant use DH if you use sprint burst, it requires you to be running and not exhausted to use, and with SB you will always be exhausted while running.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 360
    Options

I am really glad that this perk is getting some love from the devs (or at least attempts at love).

I am glad that this perk got buffed, but I would like to add something to it:

[Nerf] Invocation: WS no longer becomes faster each time a player joins in.

[Buff] For each additional player that joins the invocation, the amount of charges that are retracted from all gens increases by 3 to the max. of 19 charges.

[Buff] Invocation: WS now applies to blocked gens as well.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 360
    Options

Yeah, this perk can be nice with SWF, as coordinated people will take advantage of the fact the invocation speeds up for every person that joins it.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 324
    Options

Territorial Imperative will finally be meta lmao.

In all seriousness it's a fine perk now but not amazing, you don't need 7 BNP you only need 5 so I wouldn't include the extra two in the math it's 60 seconds for 45 seconds worth of progress which is good for sure but I wouldn't call it meta just yet considering the price you're paying of being extremely vulnerable afterwards.

It might be slightly concerning in a SWF where if just two people run it it's 30 seconds for 45 seconds which is just good maths like that might be a bit rough especially with gen regression being nerfed but we'll have to see.

I would call it a 3 star perk with it potentially being 4 stars if the current changes go through to live.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 443
    Options

Lets be honest, its still a noob trap. 60s + time to get into basement + being one hit for the rest of the game for 50s if played right. The perk is a complete misconception in itself and will never be viable unless its OP.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 170
    edited May 9
    Options

That's not how the perk works if im not mistaken. It's like a BNP, it doesn't progress gens, it lowers the charges it takes to complete the gens. So gen blocking perks won't affect this perk and will still lower the max charges.

Now to add opinion on the buff. Personally, Im scared of this perk now esp since most of Killer's gen regression perks are getting nerfs. Like I really don't know if it's going to be OP or not and need to see what happens but Im still worried. Everyone knows survivors with BNP can finish gens fast esp against low-tier killers and the idea of a 60s-7 BNP perk is scary to me. On top of that, this can be combo with BNP toolboxs as well reducing the time to do gens even further. If it gets too meta it just going to force killers to run one perk to counter it. As I know ppl say "Well it leaves you broken" So what? Good survivors are fine being injured all match long. It be like playing against a plague or legion where you just force on doing gens fast and get out as fast as you can. One survivor being broken esp if they are good isnt going to be that big of a downside for the survivor team.

Either way, we just wait and see but I do think this perk is really scary and could be super meta esp in SWF groups.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

120 to 60 is a massive buff, especially when taking into consideration that teammates can speed up the process with you, might need further tweaks but we’ll see

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

The benefits presume you pull it off. If you spend 50 seconds on it and the killer interrupts you, it begins to degrade (not to mention you give a free hit in the basement). Even at 1 charge at second it will wipe out. Those 50 seconds into a gen would degrade a lot slower and require the killer to spend time to kick it.

As a gamble though, now it can pay off where before it was just awful. Broken the whole match is still really harsh.

As a killer, if I was offered the trade of one survivor permanently broken, that survivor loses a perk slot, they can't do anything for the first 75 to 90 seconds of the match, but in return BNP on all the gens, I'd probably take that. It's not even counting the possibility there that I get the interrupt in basement.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 359
    Options

We did it guys, no mither meta let's gooooooooo

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

won't get used. the reward is too low. the only thing about this change is that killer cannot stop the perk from triggering now.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Why do survivors constantly bring brand new parts but won’t use a perk that is literally 7 of them? Yeah you’re broken but as long as you play super safe and W Key immediately it’s insane value.

• Sunflower_Mage
    Sunflower_Mage Member Posts: 18
    Options

Bro, I think you miscalculated. I could still bring a toolbox with a BNP in addition WS that is worth 7 BNPs. And also your previous time calculation was wrong. It takes 60 seconds solo to finish the invocation, when that is effectivelly working on 7 gens at once which normally take by itself 70 seconds, not factoring in travel time between each gen and time spent avoiding the killer.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options

It is still a bad perk, mostly for the permanent broken status afterward, and also if the perk beome popular the killers will just start to use Territorial Imperative which is a hard counter for the invocation.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

60 Seconds for 7 brand new parts is beyond a worthy time investment. Almost a whole Gen worth of progress that can’t be undone at all is crazy lol. You’ll see when the update goes live. I’m telling you it’s a great perk.

• Sunflower_Mage
    Sunflower_Mage Member Posts: 18
    Options

Except all 7 gens are technically valuable until the completion of the 5th one. As technically the "5th gen" you need to open the exit gates might technically be the 7th gen or the 6th gen in a given situation. As applying that effective 10% progress that can't be regressed by the killer also applies pressure onto the killer and makes it harder for them to attempt a 3-gen scenario. As the killer now has to deal with effectively 30% progression spread across 3 gens that can't be regressed.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

I disagree heavy. We”ll see come the PTB. I think As long as the person who runs it is good at looping it will be good.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

That’s not true at all because of the killer is defending a certain set of gens then it won’t be as big of a loss to switch gens. It’s actually huge for breaking 3 gens as well. Not to mention you can stack actual BNPs on top of it.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 443
    Options

So what exactly is not true? Do your math, its not that hard.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Not sure about must run, but when you're down to the last few gens a death hook survivor can just chill in basement and proc the effect.

• SignedUp4PTBFeedback
    SignedUp4PTBFeedback Member Posts: 51
    Options

5 gens need to be done. Just because all 7 gens get 10 seconds of progress doesn't mean that the 5th gen that is chosen for completion somehow takes in all the remaining progress from the others, it will still take 80s. Meaning, in total you are getting 50s of effective gen repair done.

You mention 3 gen scenarios, well in those survivors often heal before committing to breaking a 3 gen since you don't want to go down and then get hooked in that same 3 gen which would create a nightmare proxy camp scenario. Guess what the invocation does to the one who completes it?

Let's not even mention the fact that any sort of gen blocking when the invocation completes makes it not even do anything to that gen which is frankly hilarious. You can have DMS+Pain Res block every generator and the invocation does literally nothing except permanently injure the survivor doing it.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

Not defending the perk but it's worth noting that it also makes all regression perks weaker by being activated, much like a BNP does. That's one thing I always see left out of these debates - every single regression event a killer has is worse, now, because it's all %based regression (with the exception ironically of Ruin, which will continue to regress at 0.25c/s) - PGTW, Pain Res, Surge, even the basekit 5% on kick, plus it takes less time to undo the regression because that's %based too.

The perk is still bad, but it's a damn sight better than it was, and while the maths isn't mathing prima facie it's still worth noting that you're also weakening the Quad Regression Randy's

• SignedUp4PTBFeedback
    Options

This small advantage simply pales in comparison to the fact that the survivor who activated this perk made their chases with the killer much shorter. Especially because the advantage of a speed boost and bloodlust resetting upon taking a hit cannot be overstated, the survivor gets a small opportunity to pick where the chase goes and go to a strong loop. As a permanently injured survivor you have no such advantage, you always have to stick to areas where there are decent loops in order to avoid taking a free hit in the back and a down. People are just looking at raw numbers and jumping to conclusions in this thread.

Can you try to alleviate this downside by playing for stealth? You can. It brings its own risks like encouraging tunneling or losing gen effectiveness due to excessive stealth.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

That's why I started with "not defending the perk", because it's still bad and the only thing that will ever make it not bad would instead making it gamebreakingly OP, which we've seen with who knows however many other perks. It's just a funky little thing that I never see get mentioned and wanted to say because I think it's a cool little tidbit of information.

• SignedUp4PTBFeedback
    Options

Yeah, fair enough, it's just that selective reading and cherry-picking are just rampant in this community so I can imagine someone making an argument from this that would go something like: "See, they nerfed gen regression even more with this busted perk that you now must run".

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

I thought PGTW was the only one based off of current progress?

Like yes, keeping 10 seconds of a gen is kinda neat, but it's not super significant when you could be getting hit by multiple chunk regression (or blocking) perks.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

PGTW is based off of current progress, yes.

But Pain Res regressing 20% of a gen's total progress, which also scales differently if BNP/Weaving Shadows has been used on it, because the total progress becomes 80 charges as opposed to 90.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,045
    Options

Still a killer perk

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

It's not just 50s, it's 50s of unregressable progress. There are survivors that run around injured all match anyways.