What do you guys make of the Chucky changes?

Options
JOEYGK
JOEYGK Member Posts: 1

No scampering unless you're currently dashing.

Shorter power cooldown: 12s (was 18s)

Scamper is now 1.3s (was 1.4s)

Overall, do you guys think this is a nerf or a buff to Chucky?

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

Honestly? Good.

I hate to say it, but Chucky is Hella overrated and dare I say a Survivor punching bag; this change is healthier for Chuck and it let's him use hisactual power more...even if it might be a net nerf it's a plus for him in the long run.

I don't think anybody actually cares about the scamper nerf

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Both.

It is a Nerf that you cannot just use Scamper to go under a Pallet and get a Hit. But it is also a Buff because you get to use your power more often. (Which was also a reason why players hold their power until they can get a free hit)

Overall a positive change. IMO they could have gone to 10 seconds Cooldown instead of 12.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 205
    Options

Personally I'm fine with the nerf/buff. I mainly like the idea of having my power up more since it's at a 12s CD now. Some of favorite things as Chucky is sneaking up on ppl and hitting them. I honestly never use the scramble and then slice&dice combo that much. I know ppl want the 180 flicks back but I'm indifferent to that since I can't flick on anyone and honestly I don't want to feel like I have to do well on a killer. The main reason I hate playing oni is because I feel flicking is a requirement and it's just something I'm physically can't do since I don't have the reflexs and mouse speed/space.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited May 9
    Options

It's more so a nerf but I feel it makes Chucky more interesting to play against.

Doesn't mean Chucky is going to drop several tiers just using Slice N Dice is going to be encouraged more.

For those good with slice n dice this is only a buff but I imagine he may become too difficult for those who liked to scamper under the pallet.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited May 9
    Options

Wouldn't mind some kinda help to turn after the scamper with slice and dice... something just to make it easier to stick close to terrain and actually attempt to score a hit.

Thinking sonething like a faster turn speed immediately after a scamper (similar to Hillbilly), or the ability to aim where you want your go as you scamper, rather than it dragging your camera perpendicular to the pallet and having to wait for the scamper to end in order to aim.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

I mean having a power you can use a lot that is easy to dodge is the same as having no power.

Imo the correct way to to this is exactly what they have gone but restore his flicks, it creates a bigget skill ceiling and makes playing him actually better because now he is just a 110% killer with mediocre antiloop, literally no reason to play chucky as slinger exists.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,667
    Options

I think it is a huge buff.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 521
    edited May 10
    Options

I'll miss his current state but I think the changes are for the best tbh. He's a lot healthier this way counterplaywise. I just want them to change his scamper addons.

Post edited by ArkInk on
  • Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 638
    Options

huge nerf no buffs for his stealth play so spam dash chucky is gonna be annoying now

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

I like the direction they're going with it but overall a nerf.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I rarely ever scamper unless using slice and dice so this nerf won’t affect me at all. It’ll really be a buff for me overall.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

From my experience and as someone who made Chucky his main at release. I never thought scamper was that much of an issue, I've always thought Hidey-ho mode needed a longer cooldown than 18 seconds because there is very little skill catching up to a survivor as long as it is available.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 512
    Options

They should have shortened the cooldowns of the abilities by a few seconds to make them as good as or better than Rin and Blight, but they get fatally nerfed. It's pathetic that even the few advantages of a strong chase are taken away.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 151
    Options

Good changes but they should bring back his flick. Overall it's a nerf but not a critical one and will make this killer more fun to play as and against.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,406
    Options

I thought part of the reason they got rid of those flicks was because it wasn't possible with a controller?

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 638
    Options
  • JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 151
    Options

It's not really a good reason, because they could 've just adjusted them to be possible on a controller like they did with Blight.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 313
    Options

It's a nerf for sure, but not for my playstyle:

I'm playing him basically only with 180s on loops and the stealth-aspect of him, I only ever used the scamper to position myself better for dashes. So after I learn the timing better to dash without scamper I will just have less cooldown and therefore be stronger.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,190
    Options

They need to reduce the turn restriction after a Scamper if they're going through with this change. Currently it's far too strict to be useful in pretty much any means.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

I would rather if they increase the scammer time by like 20-25% to give some more fair window for the Survivor to react to or give a small distance. Scammer is worthless since using it only during Slice & Dice is 99% wasted, you can't hit anybody with this pretty much unless they have no clue what to do.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

What I would do is:

Scamper time = 1.3 —> 1.6 sec.

Cooldown of power time = 18 —→ 15 sec.