Please do somehting about people giving up on the hook for no reason

Options
TheTom20
TheTom20 Member Posts: 403
edited May 15 in General Discussions

It can be any killer any map. These players have no intention of even playing the game so why do they keep quing up. I stream every night but so many games are ruined by team mates who instantly give up. Sometimes its several games in a row 2-3 people will give up many just runing straight up to the killer to be hit an hooked.
Even when we are completly destorying the killer someone will give up on first hook.
Like the killer will have 1 or 2 hooks someone goes on first hook there is 1 gen left we are clearly winning an they just instantly give up.

We have all had games were things may look bad then you do 1 good chase againsg the killer an the killers likely 4k turns into a 0k Bad stats don't always depict the outcome. Some killer games you might lose 3 gens realluy quickly but the survivors might make a mistake an you make a come back. DBD is one of those games were 1 thing can completely change the momentum of the game for ethier side so it's always good to try

Kinda shocked that people admit they allow killer sto tunnel them so they can just give up that is lireally the worst thing you could do as you are not only not helping yourself your encouraging killers to it more to you an to others.
You need to make effort to win in any kind of game you can't expect to win by doing nothing.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,763
    Options

Why the killer though? Is their objective to kill the survivors

• Rudjohns
    Options

Yes, thats why I am questioning the decision up to the killer

• Rudjohns
    Options

I agree with your first sentence completely

Thats why I argue that survivor players are giving up because they realize they can't win, the match is already decided

Its the same idea on both sides

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

To answer OP: going off the last AMA anything and some forum posts, this is a low priority issue for BHVR. I have no idea why. I think there are multiple, simple easy solutions and that this would be one of the biggest improvements they could make to the game, but I don't think its going to get changed.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

I would've loved to see all these DC endorsers commenting here back during the DS/UB/DH Meta that went for years and with an option for killer to give up.

The complaints would've been enormous if killer back then could've given up the same way survivor do nowadays. 😂

And frankly I’m fine with it. I give up. I just had 5 clowns in a row all running almost the same build. I was tired of it.

Especially when reading a comment like this as an argument for it. 🤣

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
    Options

Tunnelling will always be a thing, all you can do is get used to it tbh, at the start it's hella frustrating but then you learn to make a build specifically to blind and annoy the killer, the only way to get back at them.

It's a pity tit-for-tat system, nothing else you can really do tbh.

I do understand your frustration wholeheartedly though tbh. Maybe in time it will change.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

I agree, the devs must do something with this madness! Buffing soloQ would be a nice place to start.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 403
    Options

how do you feel about survivors giving up when they are winning?
    for example killer has 0 hooks an there is 1 gen left to do someone goes on first hook an insta gives up?

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 515
    Options

I had a match against Wesker this morning. One of the teammates, Sable, decided to go into the basement and start the Weaving Spiders invocation while injured. Of course the Killer immediately went down there, downed her and hooked her down there, and she threw on the first hook. Yes, it was a bonehead move on her part, and it was a petty reason to give up, but it was a reason nonetheless.

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

I can tell you the reasoning behind that is because once the invocation is done they're going to be broken for the rest of the game anyway, so it made no difference from their POV lol

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

There is no incentive to care about your team in this game. You can get tunnel for 5 gens or outright camp out! Even if 3 excape your sacrifice isn't rewarded. Solo q more like 4 prisoners trying to excape through the gates of a maximum security prison. They will happily allow u to die to help themselves. Leave u on the hook to complete the last gen or unhook u immediately on death hook so no one get off of gens. These things can be good for the team but terrible for you. Most of the rage quitter will go down once and immediately see no way to win the game as individual (again they don't care if it's winnable from a team perspective). I consider giving up disgraceful but i can understand when the match is clearly over. There no comeback mechanic for survivors unlike killer. You can tunnel, noed, camp, 3 gen, or 4 man slug to make a comeback. Outside of tunneling a lot these tactics have heavy risk but it don't change the fact that u can win a otherwise lost game off these strategies alone. Survivor there no perk or tactic that can win u the whole game. When things are going very bad early? it likely someone will pull the plug in solo q these days. I will never give up in this game because it always a chance especially when playing killer.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 643
    Options

afk kick detection.

report.

report.

i had matchs as survivor that were so close winning and escaping but teammates plagued by this "just go next" mentality giving up on hook and RUINING matches for us

• Marioneo
    Options

if you have 30 reasons why its so bad why are you still playing this game then? Genuinely you need to move from this game fr

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,327
    Options

Let me guess, that's all you probably read, right?

Also, what contradiction?

• Marioneo
    Options
  • MoNosEmpire
    Options

No, I read it all. Already answered future comments with my original comment which you must have not read yourself since you wrote exactly what I said would be written in one of your points.

Lol if you can't see it then no point even explaining it bruh. I'm sure others will see it clear as day. Good day.

• Rudjohns
    edited May 13
    Options

Like I already said: Good luck trying to prove they are throwing the game.

Imagine if "playing bad" was a reportable offense? Is there a game that does that? lmao

"i had matchs as survivor that were so close winning and escaping but teammates plagued by this "just go next" mentality giving up on hook and RUINING matches for us"

ME TOO! And many of these matches were saved because someone escaped the hook as a last resort! WOW!

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

Lol I love the edited "Genuinely" in there, it wasn't there when it was first posted.

Again; same argument, who are you to ask me to quit a game?

• Marioneo
    Options

again comprehension, seems like all you do is complain and somebody questions it you get defensive like someone kicked your dog

• MoNosEmpire
    edited May 13
    Options

One final time, else I'll take your replies as satire.

who are you to ask me to quit a game?

• Rudjohns
    Options

You know what they can do to make everyone happy?
    Remove hook suicides, however every survivor still has 3 free chances to self unhook without compromising the hook timer. Done.
    I guess its for the best, no?

And then completely remove the skill checks when 2nd stage, just leave the survivor for 1 minute there. Maybe in case there are 2 survivors left in the game they should give a "die now" option if you are on hook.

This discussion has been closed.