The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2v8 Game Mode Idea/Suggestion

nf452
nf452 Member Posts: 18

This is a mode that the community has been asking for years. Everyone is pretty hyped for it. What you said about classes and team powers on the livestream sounds interesting. BUT PLEASE for once make this a game mode where gens do not exist. No one really wants to do gens. The most fun part of dbd are the chases, or even hiding sometimes. What i suggest is that this mode is kind of a time attack mode.

The trial starts with a timer let's say 7 minutes and it counts down until 0. If this timer reaches 0 then the survivors are taken by the entity, like in the end game collapse. If all the survivors die through hooks or moris the trial can end before the timer goes to 0. Now there are actions that the survivors can perform that will make this timer go up. Actions like pallet stuns, protection hits, killer blinds, escaping a chase,etc. If the timer adds up to let's say 12 minutes, then the exit gates automatically open and the end game collapse starts like in the normal games.

Please consider this or at least make a mode where gens are not the main objective of the game :)

Comments

• nf452

Not quite a hide n' seek mode. Sure you can hide if you are at a bad position or when you want to escape a chase, but what i propose promotes engagement between the survivor and the killer. If for example 8 survivors are just hiding the timer will go to 0 and athey lose. So it's kind of a more fast paced, action-packed mode compared to the standard.

• nf452
    edited May 15

Haha np. But if there was a hide n seek mode things could work the other way around. When the timer reaches to 0 the doors automatically open and the end game collapse begins. Killers' actions, like hooking and killing would add to the timer and when this specific time comes all the survivors that are still alive, are taken by the entity.

I think that most of the community, either survivor mains or killer mains, are tired of the gen objective and it could be nice to have something else for a change.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,906

If the killers never enter chase, doesn't this mode become unwinnable?
    A GhostFace and Pig who crouch/hide in basement will never enter chase, can face a wall to never be blinded, will never get hit by a pallet stun, and never allow for a protection hit…

You could add some kind of killer minimum participation requirement to get so much chase time, but then you get the reverse problem, where survivors can hide in lockers and never show themselves to the killers and win by remaining unseen….

I'm sorry to say, there needs to be some kind of objective for survivors and killers to fight over….

Best I can think of offhand would be some kind of flag carrier mode, where survivors have to carry 3 flags between them for a set duration throughout the trial. Holding a flag will reveal their auras to the killers when greater than 16m away. They can pass the flags off to other survivors, but need to stop still for 1s to do so, and it is up to other survivors to defend the flag carriers, while the killers try to keep flags out of the survivors hands.

Sending a survivor with a flag to the Gulag reduces flag time progress by 30s, and every survivors gets 3 hooks same as normal… so you can take a protection hit for the flag carrier if you wish… but if you're on deathhook the killers can decide to ignore the flag carrier to knock you out.

Likely there will be some issues that pop up here… and I can't see how killers who make body blocking basically impossible like Bubba, Plague, Nurse, Trickster could ever be fair…. also killers vulnerable to body blocking with no map traversal like Ghost Face, Pig, Doctor or Trapper would just get demolished in this mode…. so I dunno how you would realistically do it.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,906
    edited May 15

I was wondering where it went, cause I saw it briefly before it vanished xD

It's a decent conceptual idea, I'm not saying it's bad in any means, just there needs to be mechanisms that supports all killers, not just the ones that are good in chase. Currently strong chase kilelrs perform the best, but the lower tier killers typically have other facets of their kit that have been designed around the fundamental game concept of delaying progress on gens, either by making it harder to unhook and heal, having to complete side quests, or locking down key objectives within an area.

Obviously the strong chase killers will likely always be better than non chase focused killers in the base game… but if the whole game mode is about chase, this problem becomes even more pronounced. It's not untenable by any means, but the current promise of 2vs8 is someone like Trapper has a teammate who can pressure gens while he is setting up, and he can effectively work like a late game support to assist other stronger chase killers more powerful in the early game, locking down an area while someone like say Hillbilly runs roughshot in other areas of the map.

If however there is no objective or area for him to defend in a pure chase mode, his power effectively becomes meaningless… similarly Pig or Freddy need total redesigns on their powers as they doesn't function without gens, and Ghost Face literally can't stalk if there is no reason for survivors to ever stand still. So the idea is fine, but careful thought needs to be given to make someone like Trapper, Pig, Ghost Face (and others) have a functional role in the mode. ^^

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 196

God two nurses would be horrible especially if they are able to swf communicate.

• nf452

I dont see the fact that there are killers who are stonger than others in chase as an issue. This couled actually create some power duos. A chase killer and a support killer. Imagine a Billy and a Trapper in the same team. Let's say that not the same rules apply like in the normal mode for some killer and e.g the trapper can start with all his traps and have even more. In this case the Trapper acts as a support and setup killer for Billy's chases who is a strong killer in that department. This can give even more variety in the game. I mean this can already happen in the 2v8 mode as the devs envision it. So, a Trapper who is not as strong in chases doesnt mean that he is useless.

My idea has the time as the backbone. Of course i havent thought of every detail, but im sure it is something that can be achieved. A game mode without gens. Of course if there are balance issues killer objectives that deplete the timer faster can be added, such as hooks and kills. Also other side objectives can be added that can give extra boosts to killers or survivors e.g haste, like the pumpkins in Halloween events.

• nf452