What do you think about killer slugging for hatch?

Options

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,054
    Options

I never said otherwise. If Killers hate trying to find the last Survivor then they can run Whispers, Iron Maiden or pick anti-stealth Killers to play as. Just like I don’t think Killers shouldn’t be disparaged or shamed for trying to win, I don’t think Survivors should have the same happen to them for trying to survive. I have issue with people attacking the player rather than having constructive discourse about their grievances while not holding themselves to the same standards as they hold their opponents.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 74
    Options

I'm content with 3k, unless the survivor intentionally tried to annoy me. The race for the hatch is cool, but i'll not judge killers who slug for 4k. It's part of the game.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,234
    Options

boring and unnecessary. You are wasting your own time as well as 2 other peoples time because you want an extra 2k bloodpoints

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 465
    edited May 15
    Options

I don't tend to slug for the 4k unless I'm making the biggest comeback of all time (although tbh I'd still probably give hatch), or just got finished crushing a team acting toxic. I did funnily enough have a match recently where I slugged a Mikhaela to find a Leon that had sent me three annoying messages over Xbox, and she ended up 4%ing when I went back for her so I gave her gate.

Post edited by ArkInk on
  • BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 140
    Options

Honestly its pretty degrading to the gameplay loop. If I am the last survivor and the killer is slugging for the 4k I just vault a window until they find me. Waiting for 4 minutes hiding in lockers and walking around in circles is just a waste of time to me. I also value the slugs time on the ground, so rather than make them bleed out for 4 minutes I figure get myself and them out of the game asap. After 2 are dead and 1 is downed the killer already won the game by bhvr's and the majority of the communities definition, so if I get hatch I am not like omg I won and out played the killer! I do enjoy the 1v1 for the hatch, but if the killer needs the 4k to be happy, I would rather just give it to them and go on to the next game. The 2nd to last survivor should be able to dc without penalty/keep their BP from the trial if they want to. That would solve the problem entirely, if the last survivor and killer want to play the waiting game they can with the bot on the ground, the slug can go on to the next game, and if you don't want to hide in a locker for 4 minutes as the last remaining survivor you have the agency to just vault a window until the killer kills you.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,722
    Options

I wonder how different these discussions would be if the hatch was guaranteed to not spawn near either player, instead of having a chance of just appearing at either of their feet.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,521
    Options

Honestly… seems the game doesn't reward how many Gens are left and hooks gotten my the Killer… getting the 4K is the thing that the Killer's do

There's no one to blame… players make decions throughout the game

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,128
    Options

It would be better than the current system where everyone has their time wasted because one person's ego just can not handle one person POTENTIALLY escaping.

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 99
    Options

well if i slugg for the 4k its for tome challenges. I dont care otherwise. Though with the mori change, i might need to slugg for the 4k more.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    Options

This is the other one what I do not understand. Why the killer wasting their time? Why not the 4th survivor who not come and give the hook to the killer? They try to get out even tho the other one have to bleed out. It is not sweaty? Then why it is from the killer to try to find the 4th and get the 4k?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,194
    Options

One of the problems created by the hatch mechanic. Which creates more problems than it solves.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 454
    Options

you can kill them. Hook the 3rd person and go for the last one instead of leaving on to bleedout and wasting their time.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 454
    Options

“And no, hatch should not open to give the last standing Survivor an easy escape. Their team failed at completing their objectives and wasting the killers time which the game provides ample opportunity to do, they don’t need more hand holding to win.”

Hatch isn’t a win.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Then there would be no problem with removing it. From now on once the killer downs the second to last Survivor, the game should just end with the final Survivor getting moried.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

not a big deal one way or the other. Whenever it happens to me I just tab out and watch some youtube, Which I'd be doing in queue/loading screens anyway. I do the same thing when the survivors wanna drag out the game sitting at the gates.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 419
    Options

It's worth trying,but forcing it Is just pathetic.

My personal record is having a rat Kate and a Spirit work together for 15 minutes trying to find me, the only survivor to have done anything.

If you try and slug foe the 4k and waste everybody's time, I will make sure you are bored to tears. JUST END IT!!!

Because you know what? I've tried just "giving up" before, and I was rewarded by still having my time wasted. If you want to kill by any means necessary, I'll survive by any means necessary.

• caligraph
    Options

"against general killer nerfs" they just nerfed every meta perk on killer in the PTB.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,759
    Options

It only nerfed those who used those perks, I'm talking about general mechanics that cover all killers, like hatch.

• caligraph
    Options

True, I'd also argue thats untrue considering basekit changes to counter unhealthy strategies in recent years (basekit BT anti facecamp)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

It's not fun to play against but the hatch is a pretty poorly designed mechanic, if we're honest. Not only does it go to the person who survived the longest with no requirements of hook stages, chase time, gen progress or anything, which promotes people to throw their team under the bus but it also doesn't matter if it's closed by the killer because that survivor can simply wait at an exit gate and have a third chance (somtimes a guarantee) to escape.

I have seen my fair share of survivors that waited for the killer to close the hatch so that they would get the exit gate and every time it happens, it's a reminder that killers should slug, if they want any chance at a 4k.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,234
    Options

Because the killer has already won at this point and still has a chance (a better one at that) at finding the hatch before the last Survivor since he can cover more ground. Meanwhile the Survivor is left with basically 1 option, stealth it out for 4 minutes since who realistically wants to give up?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

If the 4th survivor hasn't been hooked yet I will slug to get at least that. Hooking every survivor at least once is needed for Emblem progress.

• dooteranopia
    dooteranopia Member Posts: 7
    Options

I think it's fine. From a survivor perspective, you have two options. You can go for the pick-up and try to keep going, or you can go for the gen and let the slugged survivor die or stew on the ground for a bit. If they die before you get the gen, then you have the hatch as a potential consolation prize.

From a killer perspective, you can either choose to defend the slugged player or you can choose to patrol the gens (or in the case of a bad 3-gen situation, both) and try to find the remaining player.

Both have potentially annoying situations to deal with. And frankly, I think 99% of the time, the 4th survivor is just hiding in a locker, which is far more boring (both as a survivor and as a killer) than anything else discussed in this thread.

• Sunflower_Mage
    Sunflower_Mage Member Posts: 27
    Options

I'm not opposed to slugging or getting slugged for playing killer or survivor, but I would rather it be done quickly on the killer's part. Just feels bad to be wandering around aimlessly for a few minutes without aura reading perks trying to find the last survivor.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,229
    Options

It's silly. Give the 2nd last survivor a bleed out option and give the Killer the same BP and pips as a 4K regardless if the last survivor gets hatch or not if there are gens left.

If there are gens left and the hatch is open the Killer has decisively won. There's no need for someone to spend up to 4 minutes on the ground since the Killer has already won and there's no need for the Killer to not get the BP and pips reflecting that they won.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,223
    edited May 28
    Options

Are we going to pretend that giving up at 5 gens is the same as giving up after the game is over? This is disingenuous to be making fun of people when you know it is not the same thing.

Post edited by Jocelynbee on
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

At the end of the day, it's down to what the Killer wants to do, and it's perfectly reasonable that, should they want the 4K, they go and search for that fourth and leave the third down. I think "sweaty" is used far too much for somethings.

Personally, unless I knew where the fourth Survivor is and they weren't far away, I wouldn't pursue them and just kill the 3rd, because I'd rather get to the next trial, considering this one won already. However, I don't believe someone wanting the 4K is a bad thing, and if they played fine up to that point, I feel they're justified.

• Junylar
    Options

Usually, at least in soloQ, the slug just starts crawling to the remaining survivor, thus giving away his position. In SWF, of course, it will never happen.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 124
    Options

Those are newer players mostly, I rarely see badly intentioned survivors do that. I mean, most of the time slugged surivors without hope just tab out the game.

• Junylar
    Options

Lucky you then! I constantly get these kind of teammates if I am the last one standing, and sometimes the killer picks them up and lets them get out of their grip, after which the survivor will plainly run to me, literally leading the killer. The killer then sometimes gives him the hatch for ratting me out. But maybe it's a regional thing, and I just happen to be in the most toxic region.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,223
    Options
  • Huge_Bush
    Options

Hatch is a win for the Survivor that escaped. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make my ideas bad or your takes right.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,384
    Options

This reminds me of Sid Meier's observation: "given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of video games."

In this scenario, the desire to try and maximize an arbitrary number leads to one player having no agency, one player standing behind a rock picking up and dropping an item, and the other running around looking for that rock. It's hard to believe anyone is having fun in that scenario.

The answer is for devs to never give those options in the first place, but BHVR even this long into development seems to keep hoping that players will play in a certain way for 'fun' despite the evidence of what actually happens.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,827
    Options

I personally think people have the right to do it if they want since it is just the game… but I also think it is boring.

It really is not fun being Bleedout for a full 4-minutes while my teammate hides, I dont like having my time wasted and with this I feel like my time is definitely being wasted. I wish I could just bleed myself out faster if this happens.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 431
    Options

It has to be kept as long as game ask for 4k, basically necessity for 4k in everything is hurting the game

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,629
    Options

I just had two games in a row of this, so I'm bringing Exponential for the rest of today lol maybe they'll decide to hook me when I keep picking myself up and being a PITA

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

True, couldn't be me wasting that time ever. BUT, the survivors could also just accept the worst outcome every game, get FAR more value in terms of fun(one last chase) and not potentially hold the game hostage.

Again I don't have the care as there is no value in getting the 4k but why blame someone for going all the way? How is that ego? It makes less sense from survivor when survivors do it and BOTH sides are in the same predicament.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 174
    edited May 16
    Options

Kinda interesting to still see people saying "hatch is not a win" while the game gives points to the survivor who escapes (less than escaping through the gates, but still) and denies the sacrifice points the killer would have.

The game treats hatch escape as a win.