So they're just going to keep making anti-loop killers?

Brightened
Brightened Member Posts: 308

It's been the trend.

Unknown
Chucky
Xeno
Singularity

Even with skull merchant you break the pallets if you vault with a claw trap.

So now the new killer will be able to not only block the pallet drops- but also summon skulls that hit you?

Is the whole plan that we all become hardcore 360 spinners as survivor mains? Or that won't work because of the ping difference in 99% of games. So what are survivors supposed to do now?

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Sometimes I'd wonder if something like Hag was released in today's age.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,473

Yeah, thats literally the meta. So we get both apparently.

Anyway, more us vs them plz, Brightened and Basch :)

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I'm not sure I see your point. The game loop is all about the chase. Do you prefer ranged, stealth, or gimped killers?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

I'd rather mobility and traversal focused killers with chase focused perks and slowdown gets nuked from low earth orbit I won't lie but I know that's beyond wishful thinking

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,505

Anything that nukes slowdown and makes chases more interesting i'm in favor of, i think most survivors agree that slowdown is awful and killers don't wanna have to use slowdown

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

name a popular killer without antiloop

also all of those killers have counterplay to their antiloop except chucky who is getting nerfed anyway

• Brightened

There are killers with anti-loop type mechanics that are still viable. Huntress is a good example of this. If you mess up when you're looping a pallet, she will get you. If she mind games you, she will get you.

What is not good anti-loop mechanics, to name a few?

Survivors forced to break the pallet by vaulting without a perk.
    AOE splash attacks that don't matter if you're around a wall or not.
    The killer avoiding any struggle with the pallet at all by vaulting it themselves, but even then, legion does it and it's fine.

• Brightened

That's fair. An anti-loop mechanic is much different than completely ignoring the loop though. It shows skill when you actually have to do the mechanic well versus all the killers they've been putting out when it comes to looping.

Think of every single killer.

Trapper puts a trap down in front of a loop… you're blocked. You can still take the time to go to another loop if necessary. Good mechanic.

Huntress can hit you with a hatchet. You can still continue to run forward and mind game. Good mechanic.

I'm not saying that all the anti-loop mechanics are bad, but they're making killers with unavoidable anti-loop mechanics.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Anti loop is power. Slowdown is perks.

The most powerful killer: Nurse, totally ignore loops. Can stack 4 slowdowns.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 452

I think Anti-Loop like Nemesis is fine. He can still animation trap for a free hit. But it takes three hits and the counterplay feels fair.

Wesker's is pretty decent too up to a point.

Ranged killers, Xenomorph, SM, Knight, Artist, etc are all dreadfully boring to play vs imo.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 317

You either have a killer who is strong at loops, or a killer who is awful at loops. There is no in between.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,974

Sadako was something else. The community's feedback was, that they didn't like her, so I guess we dug our own hole?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Singularity and Unkown have quite a bit of counterplay though. Anti-Loop killers are completely fine as long as they offer up interesting counterplay. Killers like Skull Merchant or Knight are the big problem, where the only real counterplay you have is holding w, without anything interesting happening..

And the same goes for Vecna, none of his spells are uncounterable, he actually has a good amount of counterplay for survivors. Normally when a killer releases without anti-loop they aren't that strong.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,830

The only one of the killers you listed that I would say is unavoidable is Xeno. Chucky as well but he is losing his free-hit scamper so he'll be easier to avoid soon anyway.

Singularity comes down to the mind games of both sides. His anti-loop is basically a slower, harder to use, less powerful Huntress mind game with a built in counter play with EMPs. He is in no way unavoidable at loops. If anything he's too avoidable.

Unknown you can dodge pretty easily, especially if you don't hug walls super tight. They also have a very short time frame to actually injure you if you are looking at them.

Skull Merchant's claw traps don't break pallets anymore, not even as an add on as far as I know.

Vecna's antiloop is very counterable right now (but that could change). Flight of the Damned can't hit crouching survivors and Mage Hand slows him so much you can just run off and you probably made more distance than if he didn't use it. Both are also on a very long cool down (I think it's like 60 seconds?).

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

this new killer can still run full gen slowdown build to slow down gens and still have a tremondous chase potential. How fun is that?

Chases aren’t that exciting anymore and guess why? Because the fun part, mindgames are gone. Now it’s all about luck and the killer getting questionable hits over pallets and windows with not much counterplay. This new killer was way too much chase power and on top of that he can even fly to travel the map? This is hilarious, but also very sad.

If they make the game unfun to play for survivors, it’s no wonder there are insane amounts of DCs and people giving up on hooks. I personally cannot play survivor at all anymore because 1/10 games do i actually have fun and a decent chance of winning. I switched to playing only killers like plague and slinger, because it gives a fair chance for both me and survivors to win, although i still enjoy other games much more than dbd. It’s sad because this used to be my favorite game

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I personally think the healthier design instead of anti loop is a killer with good map mobility and a built in game slow down. You can swap some of this for stealth as well.

This allows them to win more with macro play and allowing the survivors to have their longer chases without it costing them the entire game.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I doubt it'll be much of a problem with his long cooldown's on spells. You can crouch to avoid the skulls, the hand lasts for only a second or two, so i would just keep running the loop if the pallet hasn't dropped yet because picking up the dropped pallet with the hand blocks your vault so probably the stronger side of that spell. You can stun his fly spell. Plenty counter play as well as the magical items.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

The only one who ignored pallets is nurse. Do you even play dbd?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

While I don't agree with OP on vecna there is a way to have both and I'll provide an example,

If I'm against a huntress her skill matters in loops and even if she's right there for a free hatchet hit she can still miss because the player input is important

If I'm against a pyramid head and I get zoned at a window or pallet the players skill no longer matters in some scenarios because you can't miss unless it's in the open for the survivor to have movement to dodge the attack

Neither one of these killers is by any means OP but by design in my opinion huntress is better because skill expression means more and one person could be terrible with her and someone else be a total legend with her due to skill alone and not a cheese ability and I think that's more of the mindset OP has regarding killers who can cheese their ability for a hit instead of the skill being important.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

But if I'm hitting a window you can still miss with the hatchet if you just aim in the direction with pyramid head you hit its not a skill based input in the same sense, do I dislike these killers No I don't have an issue but it's a fact you don't have to have near the skill level to be good with pyramid head like you do with huntress because input matters more for huntress her skill ceiling is higher I guess is what I'm getting at

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Not true, PP Head is a much better pallet/ window zoner because he moves at 110% when holding his power compared to Hunty who moves at 77% (33% slower)

You can not cancel a hatchet into an M1 as the cancellation penalty is 1.25 seconds before you can M1 and 2 entire seconds before you are back to 110. Also PP heads attack goes through walls and can not be crouch teched. It takes far more skill for Hunty to land a hatchet at vaults than PP Head. She can do it from further away yes but if she misses a single time by you baiting the window it’s a free escape.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 466

If they release a basic M1 killer it's not gonna sell well unless it's very cool because people want to win

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 670

Antiloop killers would be fine if they stopped changing or adding maps that have so many unsafe pallets.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,830

Maybe it's just personal preference, but I disagree. Huntress is much easier to land window shots than Pyramid Head is due to his heavily restricted camera movement. If the survivor makes a last second dodge it's much easier to correct with Huntress than PH.

Not to say it's difficult for Pyramid Head to land a shot at a window/pallet vault, just that I think Huntress is easier to do so and even if she was harder she's still can land those shots really easily and I don't think either are really that skilful in this scenario.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 385

The only Killer that ignores Pallets is Nurse. She does not break them and does not care if in the chase a pallet gets dropped. The four you mentiond cant ignore pallets, and if you want prove. Ask yourself where do you run while in chase with on of them and why dont you instandly go down (I hope).