CHAOS MODIFIER not really random

Options

i started playing chaos modifier today and for some reason all 4 games ive had was no mither EVERY GAME.

i instally raged quit after the 3rd and 4th game cause ######### i thought i would be given random perks not the same one every game

Comments

• DeathByBJ224
    DeathByBJ224 Member Posts: 61
    Options
  • HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 287
    Options

I agree with Crowman. The Modifier is completely random which is why it can happen that you get the same perk multiple times in a row even though the chances are very low but since we have so many players, the chance is basically higher that someone has this situation. It is very unfortunate that you got from all of these perks No Mither four times in a row.

Some Companies have a repeat prevention. For example if you chose the random play on Spotify it is basically not random because the App prevents that you get the same song twice in a row. I guess something like this could be a good thing for the next time?

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

I did a random build archive once and literally got the exact same build I was using normally. That's what I call true random lol

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,285
    Options

That's a sign it's actually random, a lot of "random" systems actually have anti-repeat built into it simply because even random repeats makes it "feel" less random to our pattern-loving brains. Haven't encountered any "non-random"-seeming patterns yet myself, but I am sure it'll happen.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

It is as random as it gets. I face killers that almost all have "Plaything". And yeah 2-3 matches one team mate got "No Mither". I find this modifier the best so far. Definitely more interesting than "Lights Out".

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

Your luck is now spent. Don't play a lottery any time soon.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

I've had Low Profile, For The People, and Small Game a number of times. Overall though I've had good variety

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Not favored by the RNG gods.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 304
    Options

Well I got really random perks, I think I only got blastmine twice xD

As killer I got even a brutal one with rancor, ruin, grim embrace and nurse's as chucky xD

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 584
    Options

As a survivor I got no perks at all ( a perkless run ) so you shouldn't complain.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options
  • Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 691
    Options

I kept getting Invocation Weaving Spiders, along with Deliverance.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

i mean do you know how often i roll a 1 when i play board games? my record is 15 times in a row. and a dice is still random

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106
    Options

I've had No Mither a handful of times, and it's always paired with Self Care or Lucky Break… This modifier really shows how useless a lot of perks actually are unfortunately. It also shows that using a handful of builds, I have to pause and read a lot of the perks because idk what they do.

• Starrseed
    Options

I swear to god if i played dnd my char would kill himself in the first ten minutes triping over his own feed... thats how bad my dice are

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,491
    Options

4 times in a row???

Have you considered participating in the lottery?

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

Dungeon Master here… my dice rolls are so notoriously bad, I frequently need to describe the BBEGs as blundering, clumsy combatants, because entire battles will take place in which they couldn't even hurt a fly.

My dice rolls have certainly tested my ability to describe someone as incredibly intimmidating and all-powerful when the dice are constantly telling a different story.

• Starrseed
    Options

the dice gods a testing you my friend cause only thru great challange do great champions arise

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 195
    Options

I think you should have just been luckier.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

The shuffle is pretty sure not 100% random. Ive watched the loadouts of everyone in my matches since the beginning and you could see some perks being more often than others day by day.

• Efrost
    Efrost Member Posts: 17
    Options

There are like 130+ survivor perks and 16 picked every match. That means 1 in roughly every 9 matches you should see a duplicate. Yet i see 2-3 duplicates every match. It seems like program decides like X amount of survivors and only picks from them. Because it should be the rarity that you see duplicates not the majority