The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[PC] Obsession Perks Not Functioning Properly (Chaos Shuffle)

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,155

DESCRIPTION OF THIS ISSUE

Perks that normally prevent you from being the Obsession does not actively prevent you from being the Obsession.

In this example, I am using Blood Pact, which prevents me from being the Obsession when ran with no other perks that affect who is the Obsession; I somehow became the Obsession, thus making this perk useless.

Another player on the team had perks that made them the Obsession (Decisive Strike), yet they were not made the Obsession.

The Obsession mechanic and perks do not work as intended in this gamemode.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Select the Chaos Shuffle modifier.
  2. Start a match; run until you get Blood Pact or another perk that affects your odds of becoming the Obsession. This might take several attempts due to the random nature of the gamemode.
  3. The Obsession mechanic will not work as intended.

HOW OFTEN DOES THIS OCCUR

This seems to happen fairly often, but it is not consistent.

What I think it happening is that the perks are not actually decided at the start of the match, so the game rolls to see who is the Obsession before Obsession perks actually come into play; which comes with the side effect of making some perks useless sometimes.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 92

Blood Pact only makes you less likely to be the obsession, it does not guarantee prevention