Anyone else having an easy time against blight?

Options

I'm in no way saying he's weak or needs buffs, it's just a comparison I'm making.

The difference between the new Blight and the old one (Hug tech + op addons) is abysmal. You can really see how much Hug tech and his OP addons kept him in second place as the strongest killer for a long time.

With these changes he definitely left 2nd place with Billy surpassing him and it's okay for him to be third strongest because I think now Blight is in a more acceptable state and no more changes are needed.

Comments

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 290
    edited May 19
    Options

I think some base kit speed like 4 or 5 percent while completely removing all speed except maybe the iri addon would be fine, because without speed he's honestly decently easy to play against in experience.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 691
    Options

The thing is that hug-tech was never intended, and an exploit. Good Blights abused that exploit and made matches unbearable, now that he got fixed, he became much more fair to verse, and in fact one of my favorite killers to verse.

An easy time? Well not exactly, I've versed some great Blights even after the nerf, people can't just be carried by hug-tech anymore, which is a positive in my opinion, and requires more skill on their end. Along with there being more counterplay considering that he was, and still is a very good killer.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 905
    Options

Sorry to say this to you, but you are going against bad blights who don't know how to use bump logic

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
    Options

the bump logic is how it was supposed to be played since release and now that the hug-tech has been removed people are starting to be terrible at playing him? he was always strong for people who knew how he should be played from the beginning.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

NoPe he still strong as $hit.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 741
    Options

He is laughably bad now compared to how he was. They did a very good job at gutting him. He's still good of course but I would say he is more like mid to low A tier now.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

Hell no. With Iri addons its even worse than before, feels cheap to get hit from him when he runs duo IRI.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,914
    Options

that is not how it works. The killer player is not struggling because of lack skill. The killer player is struggling because the power-level of the character went way down.

The survivors having an easier time has 0 to do with them playing better. It has everything with killer having worse/limited skill expression compare to before.

What i don't understand is why his iri add-on are getting nerfed. Nurse has 3 blink add-on which is near guaranteed hit every 9 seconds but Chucky who has an 18 second has to get his scamper deleted? Spirit has had mother daughter ring+Dried blossom for extremely long time but Blight's iri add-on get halved. the double standards never cease to impressive me.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,070
    Options

That's....exactly how it works. If 50 Blights had the same MMR prior to the nerfs, and half are now struggling because they only played Alc Ring, they weren't as good as the other Blights who have the same win rate as before.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,773
    Options

Easy time? No. Easier time than he was before? Yes.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,464
    Options

No but I'm having an easy time as Blight for sure… LOL

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Unless those blights magically can't get a 3k for like 30+ games in a row they're not tanking their mmr enough to get below soft cap.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,914
    Options

nerfs and buffs affect top-players more so then new or middle level players. This is because top-level player uses every tool that the killer has at their disposal while a worse player will not use the tools effectively provided by the killer. A mediocre blight will not use hug tech. they don't even know what it is or how to utilize the mechanic. The top players struggling with blight is indicative of the killer being worse. The mediocre blights likely did not experience much of win-rate change because they weren't playing killer properly.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 99
    Options

I just can't help myself laughing when I see one of the poor bastards trying to clearly go around a loop they would be able to by using the BUG and find it's not possible anymore.
    Today I was doing a gen while watching a Jake loop a Blight. In the second loop he disconnected. XD

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

Blights are still very strong.. Or might be that every single blight i go against is double iri blight. In good hands even the nerfed version is strong iris or not.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Actually watches any amazing comp blight or the 2k winstreak guy

Sees them hug tech once every two games

People act like him bump logic didn't get nerfed as well. They took the (stickyness) of collision too far and now it's actually detrimental, blights still good ofc but the glue is absurd. Imagine your curve on billy and collide because you decided to turn 3 degrees past 0 while doing so, does that sound fun? Does that sound better? No it's not fluid and it sucks.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Cause so many people were getting carried by a tech that required you to learn how to play the killer at fairly high level and learn how DBD's collision worked in fairly deep detail.

It's not like hug tech was exactly simple to do, but the benefits to learning it made an already strong killer that much stronger. Just saying maybe the narrative of folks being "carried" by stuff like that is a little overblown.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Came here to say exactly that. Feels good bumping on stuff and not sliding out of nowhere.