Chaos Shuffle

Options
DyingWish92
DyingWish92 Member Posts: 767

Enjoying the hell out of this. I want this as a permanent game mode. I've actually had some perks come in clutch in some weird situations that I normally wouldn't use. And even when you load in with a crappy build you know the chances of everyone else having bad builds is pretty high lol. In a strange way games feel more even on both sides for me.

Comments

• TheRealChessBoy
    TheRealChessBoy Member Posts: 14
    edited May 21
    Options

No questions asked. Why is this even going away?

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 417
    edited May 21
    Options

Because the gens pop too fast without gen.regression perk/build…

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 98
    edited May 21
    Options

Lmao if you care about gen regression that much in a mode that's intended for fun, just play the normal one instead.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 155
    Options

Why some people feel mad because we want chaos shuffle as separated and permanent mode?

If it was added as a game mode not modifier you wouldn't really be forced to play it and that's why I am actually shocked about negativity some people bring to the posts about it.

If you prefer playing with 4 second chance perks or 4 slowdowns choose normal mode.

BHVR so much people want this to be permanent mode, please make it happen! It's so refreshing and fun :)

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106
    Options

I agree. Having fun from both sides with this one. Being stuck in the meta seems stale, where as this has made me pause and read some perks and try to figure out the situation in which it will be used.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Probably because they fear they are forced to participate sooner or later. And lets be real that would absolutely be the case. When any additional mode will become permanent bhvr will start to integrate challenges for it into the normal tome.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 205
    edited May 21
    Options

I wouldnt mind seeing it made permanent but I honestly don't get the hype for it. I played for a whole day and all my matches felt the same as the normal mode, unfun sweatfests matches where gens flew by and I ended matches with 3 hooks on average. I try my best to enjoy it but honestly, nothing felt different… As said tho I wouldn't mind if it stay as long as the devs don't put challenges in the mode to force ppl to play it.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 155
    Options

Daily quest will not be separated for modes.

Also what is the problem to play 2-5 games for challenges and then go back to normal mode?

I feel like this reasoning isn't really strong enough.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

This mode really does need to stay permanently enabled. The sweat-fest is thankfully denied through the random perks.. Main queue is horrible to play again after playing this. PLEASE behaviour, keep this mode on permanently

• Marble_Index
    Marble_Index Member Posts: 52
    Options

I enjoy it too, for the most part. Just got out of a match where I was given No Mither and Second Wind as two of my perks. 🫠

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 253
    Options

I was unconvinced until I tried it, and yeah it is a lot of fun.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 417
    Options

Survs have better chances to escape in this mode.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

I played 8 games as survivor on it no mither was in 6 of those games, I had it 4 times! Would have appreciated a bit more shuffle!!!

That being said I think if any mode is going to stay it should be this one, they've got it working, they've done it before in tomes (for individual players) & it gives people a break on both sides who are sick of playing against the same builds game after game!

• Pat00tSack
    Pat00tSack Member Posts: 71
    Options

I wish it was the fun mode, but it seems to be the "I'm going to play like a sweatlord prepping for a tournament" mode. I haven't had a single killer who didn't tunnel or strategically facecamp so we didn't get an auto-yeet, and survivors are either hiding in bushes or lockers all game or bringing brand new parts. Sucks cause the premise is really cool and the couple games where people felt like they played 'normally' were really fun.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,906
    Options

This needs to be a permanent mode. Even in the forums, this is one of those times the vast majority are supportive and praising of the dev's actions.

I can understand if it were to be permanent there may be changes, such as random everything and the BP bonus being dropped - maybe even the randomizer uses just the perks you have available (although personally, this would be a great way to sell dlc to players if they discover a perk they fall in love with, yet do not have), but this has to be a permanent mode.

Maybe the reason it isn't was because it wasn't as highly requested as some their mode propositions (2v8) and perhaps this was more to test if it was viable or - keeping in mind the responses to the previous trial modes which were decent, but people lost interest quickly - they may have worried this may go down the same route. Hopefully, with all the positive feedback, they'll see the appeal and bring it back permanently, with maybe some changes.

• HoopyFroodJ
    HoopyFroodJ Member Posts: 20
    Options

I feel the same about lights out. I'd really like them to keep at least one of these active at all times, because I'm currently finding them a lot more fun than regular DBD.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I say make Chaos shuffle players match with normal players, and voila everyone is happy.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,770
    Options

I played 3 games in normal mode and it was so boring in comparison. Everyone had the same perks every game. The fun of the modifier is in not knowing what everyone has and just adapting and developing game sense as best you can.

• DyingWish92
    Options

I haven't played normal mode since I hopped on Chaos Shuffle. I'm dreading going back to normal mode if I'm being honest lmao.

• DyingWish92
    Options

I haven't played normal mode since I hopped on Chaos Shuffle. I'm dreading going back to normal mode if I'm being honest lmao.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,770
    Options

I hear you lol it was the first normal games I'd played since the modifier came out. I definitely went crawling back haha