Springtrap and Slenderman should be first

Options
bloodyknife
bloodyknife Member Posts: 70
edited May 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

Springtrap and slenderman should be added before adding this closet skeleton aka jason from f13. He is so old and hes just like Trapper i dont get why anyone would want to pay for the same thing? It doesnt make sense

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

should? absolutely not.

could? yes.

half the roster is old

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,698
    edited May 21
    Options

Alot of the cast is iconic horror villains. Xeno, Chucky, Freddy, Meyers, Bubba, technically Amanda (representative of SAW), Ghostface's face, Pyramid Head, Nemi and Wesker. Makes sense to us to have Jason.

Edit: forgot about ghost girl Sadako

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 212
    Options

You also forgot about hellriser.

Jason is iconic horror character, of course we want him.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 761
    Options

Who even owns the rights to Slenderman? I'm not sure they'd wanna touch it after that murder a few years ago.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 626
    Options

The remaster begs to differ available on all platforms. Plus at this point it's been way longer than a few years, a decade at least.

• Ohyakno
    Options

I have no idea what you're talking about regarding a remaster. My knowledge of Slenderman begins and ends with marble hornets.

Decade ago, sure. It's still kind of a toxic IP.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 873
    Options

Springtrap is very controversial around here due to incessant spamming over the years. It got so bad that the topic of FNaF had to be completely banned from the DbD subreddit for a time. DbD has pulled off goofy and horror-adjacent content before, so I'm sure they could make FNaF work. But if I'm honest, I don't want them to ever include it because of how poorly the fans act towards the DbD community.

As for Slenderman, I'd imagine it'd be tricky to get the rights. There's the question of who actually owns Slenderman, and also the stabbing that happened…

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,541
    Options

Springtrap is my most wanted but i think jason should be no.1 priority for BHVR.

He's definitely not just another trapper. Trapper is inspired by Jason. When it comes to the most iconic horror villans, jason is always there. Along with Michael Myers, Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, Ghostface. He is essential for the hall of fame of horror.

The gameplay design of Jason from Friday the 13th : The Game is a great showcase of Jason's abilities. Mainly, rage and vengeance is a core theme they can work with.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,755
    edited May 21
    Options

My guy, Jason and Friday the 13th itself has held so much more importance and significance both in horror and in pop culture altogether for alot longer than what both the fnaf and slenderman IPs have achieved in their entire lifespans combined.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Dont know what's the point of these posts, is not like BHVR is going to care anyway. They'll stick to the licenses they can get / already have in the works.

• dbd900bach
    Options

I'm referring to the very popular game Slenderman and the eight pages which has since then been remastered for the latest engine and consoles/PC. In terms of IP, it's not immediately clear if it even belongs to anyone and is currently under public domain so anyone can use Slenderman as they see fit with no legal consequence.

• Chaogod
    Chaogod Member Posts: 121
    Options

Didn't your parents teach you to respect your elders. If it wasn't for Jason (and many other slashers) you wouldn't be here posting for him to not be in the game till later.

• Ohyakno
    Options

I was ready to laugh at you but oh my God that exists and it has 7,000 reviews???? I don't understand how it's public domain. Slenderman originated as a series of YouTube shorts.

• dbd900bach
    Options

It did originate from YouTube. Slenderman and the Slenderman legend came from a contest in which was making creep edited photos. A tall man with a blank face standing in the background of various photos. The creator has since then sold part of his rights for the creation of a game, but given how long ago that was, it's not protected under public domain law which no one has disputed. I suggest doing a bit of deep diving.

• Ohyakno
    Options

It's from the somethingawful forums. I am a gross old man and I remember the original marble hornets thread and not being interested in it. I didn't know there was a game but I reckon I've changed my mind. Slenderman would be a cool addition.

• bloodyknife
    bloodyknife Member Posts: 70
    Options

Not true. You live too much in the past my man. The past is dead long live the future.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,755
    edited May 26
    Options

Jason is part of both the mount rushmore of horror and the trifecta of horror, he is the gold standard of slashers and has had 44 years on the silver screen to segment himself as a big influence in pop culture.

Jason by himself still holds a bigger influential stance in general pop culture than some creepypasta character that hasn't been relevant since 2017 and a character that most people outside it's fanbase don't know about because the franchise name and it's mascot is the only things most know.

Compared to Jason's iconic hockey mask and machete, which is something the majority of people both inside and outside the horror genre recognizes due to Friday's overall influence, the same way that Sadako crawling out of the TV or Leatherface using a chainsaw are both things that alot of people both inside and outside the horror genre recognizes even if they don't know where they're from.

It is also why you see so many people asking for Jason to be added without having a large number of people arguing against it's inclusion, compared to fnaf and how you got one part of the community arguing for it and the other half arguing against it.