The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does it take so long to find a match?

Alexandra
Alexandra Member Posts: 97
edited May 24 in General Discussions

Im on ps5, UK server with best internet possible to have and still its taking me insane amount of time finding a game (10-60 minutes and thats because i give up searching). People are leaving Texas chainsaw massacre because lobbies are taking so long find and im like what about dbd its even worse there?? it takes ages finding a game. i just dont understand it. I always play the role that is 100% bonus. Daytime its survivor and evening its killer. Both takes forever finding a match. Same with chaos shuffle when its 150% bonus.

Sometimes i join my friend on North east american server and even if he has 0 bonus we still get insta games or most like a minute wait time. How is it when we go to my server at 100% bonus it takes us 10+ minutes?

is the uk server dead or what? why am i having this issue? its been months now

Comments

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

i find matches almost always instantly nowdays.

I somehow doubt you wait up to 60 minutes for a lobby just like i doubt you got the best wifi possible.

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 92

Do you have cross play turned off? If so, it will only match you with others in your region that have it off. Can’t think of another reason why your queue times would be so egregiously long.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

Definitely check cross play isn't off. That is way too long. I'm on ps5 and wait max 30 seconds.

• Agaki
    Agaki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61
    edited May 25

Finally someone else is asking this. I do not have crossplay off, in the UK as well and on the PS5. I believe this game is dead in the UK because finding a lobby takes over 2 minutes even with 100% incentives. It's so bad that it's putting me with americans, I check profiles after match, always say USA player. I spent half the time looking for matches, lobby times have been unbearable for the past couple of months and is getting worst. I cannot play chaos shuffle as well because there is no lobby, 5+ minutes in the lobby. I even asked if the game was dying before.

Even when I get into a match, it takes so long to become full. I'm getting packet loss because it's forcing me into another region after many minutes in the queue. I play during peak hours as well.
    Doesnt even put me with other europeans so i dont know if there is nobody in eu playing this game.

• Agaki
    Agaki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61

funny i also quit texas chainsaw massacre because of queue times after the mill map released, and i was thinking the exact same as well. No difference lmao at least its not 45 minutes like that other game.

• Alexandra

are you on UK server? and yes i have almost 1gbps internet (which is the fastest available internet to buy here and I think now the only option to have where I live) and I live alone so no one else is using it.

Now while writing this and before I have been waiting 17 minutes for a game and the bonus is 150% for survivor in chaos. You want proof or what? should i publish on youtube half an hour video just waiting in lobby? I can do that. No problem

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886
    edited May 25

It is currently 8:23am UK time. Not going to be many people playing this early.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 253

Its a Saturday and I have to agree with OP its taking way too long to find a match never did this before even in the week it's faster than this

• Alexandra

it was never like that before. Its just in the last few months. I would get insta matches before all the time in the middle of the night uk time. Sometimes now i can even get insta matches but it seems to always bug out. I have to restart the search many times

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836

I'm also in the UK and can confirm that having 2 popular game modes seems to have impacted the queue times for me as well (I play on Switch and PC). I'm not quite as badly affected, but I do find the wait for a lobby to be quite a bit longer and my match ups can be very uneven (especially with my Killer games). Sometimes the side with the 150% incentive takes the longest to find a lobby, which is not usually what happens.

As far as I know, the "UK" server (actually located in Ireland) is only for 3 countries (UK, Iceland and Ireland) and I don't think there are enough players locally here to support an extra mode. But I do sometimes end up on the European servers, so I know the game can find matches outside my local server if it really needs to.

• Alexandra

Its not really right because I am not in the UK and still put on the uk (ireland who cares whatever same thing) server. Also this problem has been going on for alot longer than having two game modes. Its been going on for many months.

It seems to be a problem for me mostly. Other people i know who are actually from the uk are not having so much issues finding games. I dont know if its the mmr or what but if its the mmr thats causing it well then they need to scrap that ######### because waiting so long for a game that isnt dead is horrible.

• bloodyknife
    bloodyknife Member Posts: 70

Maybe the rats gnawed your internet cables.

• Alexandra

This is not really right because im not in the UK and still i get put on the uk (ireland whatever doesnt matter) server. Also this problem has been for me for a long time before the new game modes were released. Its been a problem now for months.

Here is the wonderful and lovely youtube video proofing that it took 20+ minutes. And it would have taken a lot longer but i gave up and decided to do other things.

and btw im in dbd now and have been waiting so far for a game 14 minutes.

Then people complain about tcm which is like 10x faster lol. I want to play dbd but im kind of forced to play other games because of these wait times. I also play evil dead and tcm and those games are apparently "dead" but still i never wait longer than a few minutes for a game.

• Wiccamanplays
    Wiccamanplays Member Posts: 132

I'm PS5 and UK, and I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a match. No clue what's going on at your end I'm afraid.

Just queued and got a match in maybe 70 seconds?