Souplet Member Posts: 345

We still dont know why 1st tentacle hit gives survivor movespeed

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 816

The average player wouldn't be able to handle it

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

I think it’d defeat too much of the point of it basically being a third healthstate if it didn’t give a speedboost, especially since there’s a hard limit on how many times infection can be removed.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,855

I didn't realize this was a topic players were confused about.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Nemesis might be too weak, maybe, but letting him instantly damage with his tentacle on top of it's utility is not a good idea.

Giving Infection more downsides would be a more intriguing option, to me at least.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

I played Nemesis for hundreds of hours when he released, he is certainly not weak. What he needs is an Add On-Rework, because most of his Add Ons are just bad. I play the same Add Ons since release (Marvins Blood and T-Virus Sample) since Release. Simply because while there are some Add Ons worth running, they dont really appeal to me and others are just outright bad.

And I usually play to get him to Mutation Rate 2 or even 3 as fast as possible, because once you can break Pallets with him, he becomes way better.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,930

What would be nice is if zombies could track you through walls while infected. Probably only at a certain range otherwise they'd start dancing because they would see more than one Survivor at once.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285

What i dont get is why it doesnt just wound instantly when he is tier 3.

I can get a point below that tier because he is upgrading his power and getting benefits in the future with every hit. But on Level 3? He just doesn't gain anything anymore. He is just giving survivors movement speeds because "reasons".

Feels bad to be on the stage where Nemesis is supposed to be the most powerful and sometimes still prefer to not even using his power at all because it makes the survivor actuallty get more distance than just M1 him.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

Not injuring instantly, but giving the equivalent of a hit movespeed when you infect a survivor always felt weird and unnecessary. If they clear infection, you have to hit them an equivalent of 8 times without actually injuring them, its freaking huge and no other killer has to deal with that.

His antiloop isnt even that strong on most map, unlike xenomorph, you cant hit a survivor crouching behind a pallet or a window.

I agree tho, his addons really sucks.

Wesker can infect and injure people at the same time on top of being way better in chases, its just lame imo

• sweetjumps
    sweetjumps Member Posts: 19

The problem I have with Nemesis infection it that is does nothing besides having a third hit

Survivors use me and my zombies power as a free sprint burst and that feels bad

Nemesis is a mid killer hampered by his power, addons and his bugged zombies

Either give me more zombies due to Unreal Engine 5 (No Excuses now), fix his infection or give us an actual rework to his addons because they are garbage…..Im looking at you Licker Tongue.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,918

Just give him a rocket launcher already.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 654

He needs a Licker, a Rocket Launcher, a Flamethrower and the ability to run someone down at Mach 4 speed. Definitely not all of these things at once, but make it part of his add-ons.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,143
    edited May 29

so why is he suddenly more fun with 3 health-states? Why don't we apply this logic to every single killer? Wouldn't every single killer be more fun for survivor with 3 health-states? Imagine nurse with 3 health-states with dead hard.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,200

Because he can get hits easily. The developers decided he would've been too oppressive if the first hit didn't apply a speed boost. I'd have to agree with them here.

I don't think we need to expand this logic to every single killer because they're not going to do that. Catastrophizing the argument doesn't really achieve anything.

I don't think Nemesis really needs any basekit changes in regards to his tentacle, just an addon pass.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes?

I'm sure the reason the super OP Twins change didn't go through was also because it "wasn't fun for Survivors."

Two things can be true at the same time.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If you were slapped from behind randomly by a slimy tentacle you've be running faster too.

• B0X0R
    B0X0R Member Posts: 25

It's friendly love spank

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,484

It’s be nice if he got a small buff. Maybe he needs a minor rework, especially now that the game is running UE5.

• BbQz
    BbQz Member Posts: 83

Nemesis is actually a killer I main. His tentacle attack is really great. Especially considering more people dont cleanse when they do you get killer instinct. If anything he needs more zombies and better add one to make him truly fearsome. As comparing neme to Wesker is just sad as Wesker does literally everything better :(

• Memesis
    Memesis Member Posts: 160

Some of this comes down to experience with nemesis. Infecting a healthy survivor who just vaulted a window facing the inside of the map? That will probably make you feel like the speed boost needs to be nerfed when a situation like this is avoidable.

I would prefer the devs leave the tentacle and infection alone and instead rework the addons and the zombies. Or, give nemesis some form of map traversal.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

if there keeping the speedboost let first whip hit injure and greatly increase infection gain for nemesis

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 165

There are many things that can be done to make Nemesis stronger. I mean it makes no sense that Wesker and Nemesis have practically the same power but one is implemented a lot better than the other.

Honestly it would be nice if the infection actually did anything other than make you susceptible to zombies with bugged AI and a power that is clunky to most to control.

Another problem is the “leveling up” of the tentacle strike. It is similar to Myers but a lot harder to do when comparing how they do it. Even then it still takes 3 hits to down a non-infected survivor and honestly it doesn’t grant any merit to level it up past pallet breaking level as level 3 only grants one more meter (I think) from tier 2.

In my opinion why not give the infection an actual debuff that makes people heal or repair slower along with the severely needed add-on pass (not before Pyramid Head though) and he would be better off.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,293

I don’t own him but it does seem easy to waste his time on open maps. Maybe give him his rocket launcher when he has everyone infected? It could be a one time use kinda thing 🤔🧐