Chucky no longer vault through windows in hidey ho

jasonq500
jasonq500 Member Posts: 143

I don't understand why you got rid of Chucky the ability to vault windows in hidey ho

No one thought that was an issue unlike the the pallet scamper which did needed a change

Such an unnecessary nerf and what it does is make him rather unfun due to the limitations he's gotten

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,642

I'm disappointed they got rid of it. It helped him a little bit in chase especially in shack. But now all the pressure is on slice and dice. I suppose this is what they wanted.

I found Superior Anatomy to be a pretty good replacement though.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

How to ruin a Fun And strong Killer 101.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

Ok, this might actually push it to being an overall nerf rather than an overall buff like it was on the PTB.

I don’t think the 1.4s window scamper without slice and dice was really a problem and it could probably be brought back (but I would keep it at 1.4s and not give it the buff to 1.3). And if anything scamper during slice and dice could probably be sped up a little more than it already was and/or give him a bit better turning after scamper during slice and dice.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,257

it is a bug because they changed rules for hide oh which is that you cannot vault without using slice & dice. you have to cancel hide-oh then vault. The real issue is that slice&dice scamper is ineffective until something is changed.

• sizzlingmario4

You can still do a regular window vault during hidey-ho now. But it’s not silent anymore and it takes the regular 1.7s.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,257

I have been playing Vecna for the entire day but i did read patch notes. I misunderstood patch notes then. Does that mean that his green yard stick add-on no longer gives aura reading for window vaulting? in any case, Chucky's change idea is good but his execution is poor. the number balancing for S&D and Scamper needs number tuning.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 617

Not Peanits but from what I can say it's intentional. At the end (in misc) of todays patch notes they say that Chucky was able to scamper vault windows and this was not intended. They wanted to remove the scamper thing completely.

The funny part: In the announcement of the PTB and Chucky changes they said "Chucky can only Scamper while performing Slice and Dice" but only talking about the issue with the Scamper under palett and then do M1 for free hit. So due to this and the fact in the PTB Window Scamper was there many players thought (myself included) they only remove the Scamper Palett. So in my opinion this is was very misleading and ad communication on BHVR's part.

• sizzlingmario4

I can confirm the Yardstick addon only works if scampering a window or pallet during slice and dice. Vaulting a window in hidey-ho without using slice and dice does not trigger the aura reveal anymore.

Rat Poison is probably better in most cases.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 663

This was the only way to do double vault mindgames with Chucky because it wouldn't make a vault noise, so skill ceiling and strength are lowered with this change. Extremely unnecessary. Scamper Pallet needed to go because it broke the way loops are designed, Scamper Vault was basically just a quiet, slightly faster vault. There's no real reason to remove that aspect of his kit.

Is he just supposed to be Slice and Dice the killer now? How boring.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited June 3

His gameplay now is also pretty boring with Slice and Dice being the focus.

Being 110 makes a lot of tiles painful, imo - it's easy to force a pallet break in a lot of situations.

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 111

Anyone learn their lesson about buying licensed DLC day 1? No? It'll happen again. :)

• ArkInk

Right, that's why Vecna's literal everything was buffed from the PtB.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,953

Balancing by sledgehammer.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,443

Ill bet 10$ mage hand will be back to being mediocre at best in less than six months.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,234
    edited June 4

I mean, to be fair, the bug wasn't present for 6-12 months. It was one PTB.

They intended to remove Scamper outside of S&D with this update alone. It being present on that specific PTB was a bug. Anything before that, Window Scampers were intended.

Whether Window Scampers being gone is a good thing is a different discussion, but this was not BHVR claiming Window Scampers as a whole were a bug, it was an intentional balance decision.

• ArkInk

Sure, but that's because Mage Hand is currently overtuned. It'd be like if I put money on the Twins PtB awhile ago and said the same thing. Sure, sometimes BHVR nerfs killers after awhile, should I plan on showing up those times with a tinfoil hat, string, and a pin-up board too?

If we're actually looking at the line of logic for each of these changes and trying to draw similarities to them, then I'd say the devs correcting a 'bug' they told nobody about despite how it affects gameplay actually is actually more similar to them correcting Plague getting knocked out of Red Vomit by all stuns, although that was obviously out for years and the Chucky vault was only in the latest PtB.

So, am I going to look into that for some grand master villain scheme about how BHVR rigs balance each chapter too? If you read into anything hard enough, you can predict anything.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,902

Yeah well given the recent plague changes where they claimed BOTH not losing your power to any stun was a bug and losing your power to every stun was a bug you can never really be sure.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,440

Its because they removed the flicking a while back.

They should bring back the flick while keeping scamper nerfed, it creates good counterplay and skill-based play for both sides.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 617

huh? Did they undone the Plague nerf that she loses her power when stunted by Head On, Blastmind, DS ect.?

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

i regret buying Chucky i will abstain from purchasing licensed in the future

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

Likewise. As interested as I am in Castlevania, I have no faith in BHVR at this point.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 217

dam i haven't played him yet but if this is true the rip lol. Chucky literally can't do anything in power but move foward. Very bad killer now jesus . Just play blight or nurse i guess thats what they want us to do.