huntress charge time is too long

Options
Akeeno
Akeeno Member Posts: 49
edited June 4 in Feedback and Suggestions

1.9 for a fully charged hatchet, in that amount of time survivors have almost 8 meters of distance they can travel to nearby cover, for attempting the long range shots, id say a good charge time of 1.5 would be better, with this change survivors now have 6 meters of distance to get to cover.

minimum charge is 0.9 seconds, hatchet is 20 m/s

fully charge now: 1.9 seconds, hatchet is 40 m/s

my proposal: 1.5 seconds hatchet is 40 m/s

id say its worth testing in ptb, thoughts?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 803
    Options

Honestly I’d rather they not change it. A change that involves charge time or flight speed would drastically damage the muscle memory of the people who play her. Her flight speed is on a curve so if you throw it in between low and high charge it can fly at 30m/s and so on.

I believe the last real change she needs is base kit shiny pin because there is still zero reason why she is slower than walking nurse when holding a hatchet and is beyond outdated. There’s a reason why shiny pin has an insane pick rate lol. And then after that I don’t think she would really need anything else, she would be comfortably mid A Tier and slightly better on some of the worse maps for her.

Xeno is 115% when holding, Plague is 110% when holding, PP Head is 110% when holding, Trickster is 96% when holding, Slinger is 92% when holding, Artist is 92% when holding and Huntress is 77% when holding. It’s outdated and should not be that way, she doesnt match any other killer on the roster and has her own special slow speed. Honestly her and Slinger should be 115% as I believe no killer should be 110% without a movement speed ability, but that’s for a different day.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Why exactly does this matter?

Distance isnt an issue if you are using a Fully Charged Hatchet anyways considering the fact that you most use those if the Survivor is far away (or you are holding to zone).

Most of the time you dont really use Fully Charged Hatchets in situations where distance actually matters… the only case where it would matter is zoning, but Survivors lose distance by trying to avoid the Hatchet throw anyways.

• Akeeno
    Options

i totally agree but remember they did this change and reverted it because of community outcry, shes definitely too slow, but this is an alternative, since movement is out of the question for the community

• Akeeno
    Options

the reason it matters is because when you attempt a long range shot, by the time 1.9 seconds pass survivors are already behind cover, so you cancel the hatchet, it matters at farther ranges, obviously if survivors are right in front it doesnt matter, but you are 110 if attempting normal chasing

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

That first point isn’t true at all, unless you’re going for arc shots over walls or the survivor is getting close to a LOS breaker you almost always want a fully charged shot as they are far harder to dodge.

And survivors don’t lose any distance when trying to dodge they just gain less. She moves at 77% when holding so survivors are 23% faster. So they will gain a very significant amount of distance if you hold too long but if they are trying to dodge they will gain slightly less.

• HexHuntressThighs
    edited June 4
    Options

Definitely needs basekit to be 115% but I know no one is ready to have THAT conversation

• WittyDreamer
    WittyDreamer Member Posts: 17
    Options

I feel like huntress is in a good place at the moment, I'd rather not mess with anything in case something changes for the worse

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,144
    edited June 4
    Options

the whole point of 77% m/s is to time your throws at opportune moment. the killer that have faster m/s have faster m/s because they either have no timing OR they have different restrictions to their ability. Like plague has 110% m/s because her projectile is not 1000 m/s and she doesn't have ability at 100% up time. Artist has more m/s because she need to hit people twice and she needs to place birds before being able to fire them. Trickster has higher m/s because he takes more hits = longer time to damage. Xeno has 6 meter distance tail. Slinger is only that has comparable stats but he has additional drawbacks such as 1 ammo and a tiny spear hitbox that believe or not matters a lot in being able to side-step projectiles. PH has somewhat restrictive turning in his ability and his attack has slow travel time.

So no, her M/S when holding hatchet is in line with other killers.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,365
    Options

You can use hatchets just for zoning, Many times i throw near a surv, if it hits thats good if it misses sometimes they run into something allowing for a melee hit anyway.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Every killer you mentioned is 115% except slinger which more than makes up for their restrictions. If Huntress was 115% I would agree with you but she isn’t. She is 110 AND 77% so no it doesn’t make much sense.

Of all the killers you mentioned the majority of them use their powers as anti loop and Huntress can’t use her hatchets as anti loop at nearly half of the loops in the game. There are too many high wall loops/ shoulder height loops/ small but high rock loops that she can’t get hits at because she moves so slow AND vocalizes her attack. If you ready a hatchet and a survivor doesn’t drop (they won’t 99% of the time) you’ll give them an extra 2-3 loops and add 15 seconds to the chase instead of just taking the stun and moving on.

And unlike the other killers you mentioned she is the ONLY one who has to drop chase and go reload at poorly positioned lockers. Besides Trickster lol. That ALONE is reason enough for her to be 115%.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

Let's not buff her again. She is already pretty damn powerful. You don't need a fully charged hatchet every time and when you do, they won't run in a straight line, so they will not cover 7.6 metres either.