The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Weave Attunement + Franklin's Demise = 0 Fun

Comments

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 459
  • MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 420

I disagree, I've been having loads of fun with this combo. I've seen some gamers go all the way by also bringing Hoarder and Overwhelming Presence (yes, that one Doctor perk that nobody ever uses and for good reason).

Personally I do like a bit of slowdown still (currently I'm running Ruin and Call of Brine), but I am contemplating some other perks/builds around this whole aura read thing. I think it can be useful on other killers such as Artist.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 653

Cool, the entire point of the comment you replied to was to say that suggested counter was silly, so uh, thanks for the info I already knew.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,134

Non in my lobbies. It's all aura. Literally 4. I Don't even want to play because it's so annoying.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 408

I don’t think this perk combo is horribly oppressive it’s just boring to keep going against when everyone is running it. Yesterday out of 10 matches, 9 killers ran this combo. I just logged off and played something else cuz I was tired of loading into a match and automatically getting hit, losing my item and then having the killer know everywhere I’m at on the map if I don’t touch the item, then being oblivious if I do touch the item to move it… which by then the killer already knows where I am and I’m oblivious.

Maybe it needs a nerf, I think it’s too early to tell. But it’s definitely not fun to go against every single match.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,719

just stack depleted items in a corner to counter weave attunement then it's just a franklin's issue, it's nothing new.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697

Ok, for flashbang specifically yeah it was 12 meters. For flashlights and pallets it was more. Either way, it has nothing to do with Weave Attunement’s strength.

Regarding finding the item to pick it up - if you were the one who dropped the item you should know where it is, if not, you can use the perk icon showing up as a gauge for where it is - at the moment it appears, you know the item is exactly 12m away from your position.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

Not running an item - Exactly

u survivor mains - Oh no, they are tribal in the opposite direction. Horseshoe theory rears its head again.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

How does Weave Attunement work anyway? Does it still show aura after picking up the item? Does the icon that shows you are affected by it also indicate the oblivious effect that goes with it? Why is the icon blue?

I think it's a nutty perk especially indoors. Multiple permanent wire taps which potentially take forever to find. Sure, you know the rough area but you still need to find the item in the grass or indoors, maybe on a different floor, in the dark or in the corn. And when you find it you get hit with oblivious.

Not running an item - great suggestion. Trying to blind counter something that may not even come. This is not a counter. It is a gamble.

• businessjoe
    businessjoe Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I think the right change to do is just it periodically has aura similar to hex ftd and maybe right as the item is picked up. So it gives you the chance to escape the read and can also pick up the item to stop it.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

As a killer main i don't want to do this but im going to give you the counter to this combo. It comes in the form of a perk that a survivor can run…Object Of Obsession. As it stands object allows you to see the killers aura whenever he is reading yours. One would argue that its more powerful when used with the killer combo because if you are carrying an item you can simply drop it, find the killer, pick it up and carry on.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

This is ridiculous, it's literally just an aura perk, you will never get real disadvantage over this one

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited June 7

Yeah, one of my former teammates was like that. No matter what he went against in jungle or even worse on toplane, as soon as he lost to it it was "totally broken/op".

Meanwhile he mained teemo and master Yi 😑

(Or played shaco uselessly)

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584

I personally do not think items, as a whole, should be near as strong as perks. Toolboxes in general can already be strong with the right addons and the sabotage buff just made them the obvious Survivor "I wish to win" tool, especially in a SWF. I've seen people bringing more of them than ever before. My SWFs I run in are just stacking Commodious with BNP+Spool than ever before since the generator regression perk nerfs. That's if they don't just bring a sabo box and send us all to Badham or something. It's an issue, and one I think could be addressed by simply giving toolboxes the medkit treatment - make them all have equal charges, if you want more put addons on or run Built to Last, and have some ONLY do Sabo as an option and some ONLY repair as an option. Not both.

And Perks should not be used to cover up or cover for a lack of player skill, they should be used to facilitate a playstyle as Survivor and Killer power as Killer. For example an M1 might need chase perks, an M2 probably doesn't need them as much. Ghostface doesn't need as much aura reading as someone like Huntress might. Trapper and Artist can use Zanshin better than someone like Myers who doesn't need it. It's okay for some perks to be better on some Killers and fit some playstyles better.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 604

After playing against this combo this morning, I have to agree it's pretty annoying, even with Distortion. There should be some kind of duration limit or cooldown or something…

• CrackedShevaMain

I don’t know what MMR you think you’re playing at but I’m mid level and I have yet to see any lobbies full of toolboxes or sabo squads and me and my friends certainly aren’t running them. We’ve all been running the bard perk to do full on meme matches every time. 🤣🤣

I was actually telling someone that I’m surprised I haven’t been seeing hardly any toolboxes since the buff and if I do, they’re being used on gens, not sabos.

Once again I think this his simply a case of freak out propaganda. Everyone saw the patch notes, starting screaming about the toolboxes and now everyone is taking this combo because they’re being told HERE COME THE SABO BULLY SQUADS GETS READY!” rather than them actually facing any of these so-called sabo bully squads.

• CrackedShevaMain

theee times in a few days is not much of anything. Unless you o ly played 2-3 games in the last few days I’d say that’s not a bad percentage. I also never said that you said every game is 4 toolbox sabo built squads” but you definitely got close if you read your comment again.

Maybe the fact that they buffed sabotage and in every single match right now you see any combination of 2-3 flashlights, 2-3 toolboxes and / or 2-3 medkits with insta heal / Endurance has something to do with that. Including the Sabo - No Mither bully squad strat survivors are doing now.”

You directly mentioned the sabo buff, 2-3 toolboxes (not 4, never said you said that)

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 251

It’s super fun as killer, probably not so much as survivor although that’s more down to Franklin’s, I imagine during the anniversary it’ll be extra obnoxious to play against with the limited time items.

But on a m1 killer those two perks pair great with Surge (And Knock Out if you don’t mind survivors really hating you), on Huxley those two, Surge and Rapid Brutality works well.

Hope it doesn’t get nerfed but I can see why anything that encourages the use of Franklin’s isn’t popular with survivors.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I saw a vid on Twitter that. You put your item at your Gen tile, using Object of Obsession, you get free loops around the tile unlimited.

The problem with the perk combo is that you as a survivor dont know if killer has WA and being watched. Only your teammate dropped their item knows about it.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 420

Weave Attunement shows the auras of any survivor around a dropped item, and every survivor in its radius gets the icon in the bottom-right corner, which tells them they're being watched. Right now it appears as a blue buff icon which is a bug, it should be the red debuff icon instead.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I really do think aura perks should go like this. Not necessary that to show the perk all the time as long as being affected, simply with an eye icon like appear for 3sec to show "Im being watched" and let the players guess the aura perk. Go for both side (so if killers get the eye icon near a Gen, they know Wiretap in play and prefer to kick Gen before chase)