We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Does Vecna fit into dbd?

HaunterofShadows
HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I've been seeing this debate about what does and doesn't fit into dbd coming up more often ever since Vecna's release so I'm curious what others think.

Does Vecna fit into dbd? 40 votes

Yes
82%
Dimekad19970FlopiyutiopHerInfernalMajestyJustAShadowMookszmassaniRobotfangirl67CrowmanglitchboiAggressiveFTWTrustMeImDolphinMarc_go_soloBasementDwellerHighwayCatalystHaunterofShadowssizzlingmario4SmoeArchol123MrT1412 33 votes
No
17%
QwQwIron_CutlassYulechkaLiveHexNo3_DeacytTowelmandbdQueen_HawlSera 7 votes

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    Yes

I didn't think he would. I was thinking there's no possible way they could make D&D fit. But they did. And I think they honestly did a very good job. Sure, Vecna might be a slight bit too weak rn, but that's not what this is about, and I think aesthetically and thematically he fits in well

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,447
    Yes

People do this everytime we get a killer who isn't just a slasher. Some people have very narrow views on what constitutes horror, when horror is perhaps one of the most vast genres that exists.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 686

Horror is subjective. Very subjective, and I think most people who think Venca doesn't belong are those who have no real experience or very little. Based on what I know, to D&D players, Vecna is a horrifying character to go against and that's all matters. Most people are so desensitized that they aren't scared by much of anything and are setting an impossibly high bar.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

Eh. Middling.

I would have much preferrred they used one of his older designs though. I hate this modern design.

• HaunterofShadows
    Yes

What's his older design? I mainly play MTG instead of D&D, so I don't know.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

I specifically was hoping he would get his 3rd edition skeletal design, rather than his modern one.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,228
    Yes

He's a killer and comes from a world where horror is pretty common, and bloodshed is plenty. I don't see any good reason not to include him.

• KeefCheif
    KeefCheif Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 17
    Yes

He's fun to play as and against but he's thematically mid af