Overall less FPS

HavelmomDaS1
HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

I thought in this patch are already some optimisations included. But for me, I got the completely opposite. I lost FPS and not only on the new map.

Someone can confirm that?

Edit: I'm on PC

Post edited by HavelmomDaS1 on

Comments

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I don't know what you guys are on about. The game runs better on PS4. That is clear.

It just doesn't look all that sweet anymore.

• Obsession
    Obsession Member Posts: 10

PC gamer here. I actually lost at least 10-15% FPS on every map, the new one in particular because of the rain. It gets even worse if I get hit by the infection and I have all that green smoke/fluid everywhere on my screen.

I used to play this game on "high" graphics back in 2016, nowadays I play on "low" with 35% resolution and it runs terribly.

• Caffeine
    Caffeine Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2019

I have dropped from a locked 60 to around 40FPS with this patch. It is ridiculously painful.

My current setup:

CPU: Intel i7-9700k 3.6Ghz (8 Core)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC

RAM: 16GB DDR4

I can run most of the newest games on ultra at often 150-200+ FPS... So there is no excuse for this kind of performance drop even when neither the new survivor, killer, or map are being used.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Xbox here. Some maps or matches (dunno if its map dependent) play really rough today. There are slightly better consistency in good matches.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Exactly. It's ridiculous that a pc like yours with those system specs can not run this game, even though it's visually not nearly as good as other games.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I'm not sure what is going on, but I know connection is horrible! We have seen multiple games lag out. I'd say it was lag switching, but no, it was pure lag spikes. I contacted the killer after game and he though it was us who DC'ed. This has happened a lot tonight.

Once again, pretty good job so far.