Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So...What's the meta going to be for Killers now?

FrostySeal
FrostySeal Member Posts: 626

Scourge Pain Res is still a pretty good perk despite the nerf, however, PGTW is pretty terrible now leaving us with only one truly good gen regression perk, that being the former. Unlike all the other previous meta shake-ups there are no more gen regression perks to lean on, no secret underutilized perk that will now be catapulted to meta status like Call of Brine and Eruption after Ruin and Undying got nerfed, nothing.

So…What now? I highly doubt that PGTW will last any longer in the meta because of its pathetic 20% regression, so whats going to be meta now? Will No Way Out and Noed be the new meta combo? Will people rely more on Gen block perks like Grim Embrace and Deadlock even after they've been nerfed? Will hexes make a comeback? I'm curious to know what everyone thinks it will be because quite frankly looking at the perk selection Killers have right now I have zero clue as to what's going to be the new meta. It really feels as if Killers have no extremely powerful perks anymore leaving us instead with a bunch of much weaker, albeit still strong when combined perks now.

Comments

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I would say PR, Surge, DMS, Grim Embrace are viable candidates right now, perhaps a return of ultimate weapon simply for the gen block synergy every 60 seconds.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Surge + pain res

Eruption + pop + nowhere to hide

Corrupt + No Way Out

Grim embrace + Eruption

DMS + Pain res (for killers who can worse survivors from gens like Artist) with BBQ

Ruin + Surge

Never use eruption + surge

I have never liked Deadlock...

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

Couldn't care less about Pop. Jolt Surge is all I need.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123

M1 Killers with some form of TR

Surge + Knockout + Infectious + Chase/Gen block perk

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,779

Territorial Imperative/Bloodhound/Beast of Prey/THWACK!

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Pain res/Grim embrace/no way out/noed

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I run:

Surveillance- 8M more of sound of Gen repairs

Oppression- up to 3 Gens would be regressing and the one kicked… but looking for another perk

Corrupt- allows for me to find Survivors before Gens are done (doesn't work that much so I am looking for something else)

Whispers- Tells me if I am within 32M of a Survivor(s)

So I don't know what the "meta" would be… but i have found mine (for the most part)

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

Corrupt/Pain Res/Eruption/BBQ

Maybe?

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,981

Knock Out

Always slug

You can combine with Infectious Fright to find nearby survivors faster, and could be combined with Monitor and Abuse

Or you could use Ultimate Weapon on the closest locker, now survivors will get blindness if they get too close

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 11

Corrupt Ruin Undying PR for spirit/nurse/billy/blight

Corrupt PR Eruption Pop/Brutal/Bam for most others

You could throw Grim/DMS on as well especially as artist

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

Because there are no other slowdown lok options, we have no choice but to take some of the ones that have been weakened by the most recent adjustments: Surge and Eruption are still hard to use because they are still punished by the 3gen system, and Undying & Ruin are disabled in the first 30 seconds of the game.You cannot take them with you because of the risk.

Again, many players just use them because they have no other decent slowdown options, so they have no choice. Especially if you try to use M1 Killer now, you will be out of the gate in no time without slowdown.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 153

Identical, just less Pop and more other options taking its spot. (DMS, Grim, Ruin, etc.)

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited June 11

for fair amount of killer players, 95% of lobbies are actually sweat squad or at least comparable good solo q lobby, it may not be the case for you but don't expect everyone to be in same train

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 656
    edited June 11

Pain Res is still the best I think as it doesn't require a killer to deviate much from their usual tactics to get value out of. Surge is goated on M1 Killers for value, and excels on Indoor Maps which is always a bonus. Corrupt is free and is a godsend when you're struggling, as is Deadlock. Grim Embrace and Dead Man's are pretty nice to have too. Eruption is underrated too, especially when combined with other perks like Nowhere to Hide/Unforseen.

Overall, there are still a lot of useful regression perks, even though I don't really bother with Pop anymore. I still wish they buffed some, but whatever. Thrilling Tremors really doesn't need the cooldown.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Same as always. Slowdown, slowdown, slowdown and slowdown/info perk.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

Remmember when devs wanted less slowdown stack ?

Guess what, now you have to stack even more to get value from it. On almost every killers i now run

Corrupt + pain res + grim embrace + surge

And of course, nurse and blight stay untouched and dont care about the nerf

Maybe someday, instead of making the life of mid tier killers miserable by nerfing slowdowns, they will actually nerf nurse and blight so we can have decent perks

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Stacking Slowdown was the Meta before and is the Meta now as well. So if their goal was to make it weaker, they succeeded. And honestly, as long as they dont put in other measurements to make stacking Slowdown-Perks impossible, this is the best they can do - nerf all of them.

Because currently, even if we would have stronger Slowdown-Perks (lets say Pain Res removing 50% and Deadlock blocking for 40 seconds, Grim Embrace blocking for 15 seconds/60 seconds for example), those would still be stacked. Killers would not think "Oh wow, one Slowdown-Perk is super-strong, so I only bring this one.".

So either the Devs find a way to make stacking Slowdown-Perks not work or they have to nerf them individually, since they get stacked regardless.

But I would agree with the last part. As long as some of the super-strong Killers exist like they do, the game cannot really be balanced. And Nurse is just the prime example, because she does not even play DBD.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

If more people use it, then maybe bhvr will finally realize how unhealthy this perk is and rework it.

It desperately needs it.

• Onyx_0110
    Onyx_0110 Member Posts: 48

Play a killer you enjoy and play perks specifically suited to them, regardless of whether they're meta. There are a few truly bad killers, sure, but overall it's possible to make decent builds that can compete at all but the very highest MMR.

Like as bad as people say Pig is, she is really strong with hexes. Doctor makes bad skill check perks strong. I could go for most of the killers.

BHVR nerfing killer powers has been a worse issue than the gen regression nerfs.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

Hopefully no more 1 fit all meta builds period. Builds should be tailor to there killer strengths

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

This will sadly not be the case. Stacked Slowdown is still the best Build on all Killers.

But I totally agree this should not be a thing. Builds should be more tailored to the Killer and not just one best Build which works on every Killer without fail.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 278

Tunneling.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 561
    edited June 11

People are betting on Grim Embrace + Pain Ress + Deadman + Corrupt.

I'm having good results still with Pop + Pain Ress in higher tier killers.

Maybe they buff a bit the forgotten anti-gen perks like Call of Brine, Eruption, Opression, etc.

Post edited by Rickprado on
  • jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Until such time as stacking slowdown perks is made either impossible or undesirable (like Exhaustion), that's gonna be the meta. I don't see any reason killers would stop stacking strong slowdown perks just because one of them took a noticeable nerf.

I'd like to see more players start branching out into the wealth of solid perks we have that aren't slowdown, but they're clearly going to need a push from BHVR to do that.

• solarjin1

Things would definitely be far more interesting with no go to meta but yeah slowdowns will likely always be the best build

• Rudjohns
  • SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

Still unsure why people are saying Pop is terrible, because 20% is NOT terrible.

And before anyone else comes to tag me and says "No, your wrong, it's pretty Dog****", Switch off survivor for a second and play like 5 rounds of survivor, solo q or not.

THEN come back to this same forum and look at what you were about to type. You lost a bit of value in a perk that's still pretty damn strong, why are we acting like the world's ending?

You kick a gen and we STILL lose like 30 seconds of gen progress because of it? Killers are STILL getting kills with the perk on lock…

• Rudjohns

I have been using it for Wraith and Trapper

I think for Wraith is much easier

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

You can usually do a combination of 2-3 aura and chase perks, and have the other 1-2 regression perks and it will be fine. My usual build is lethal, nowhere to hide, I'm all ears/pain res, and pop

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,426

From my survivor games - Pain Res is still in pretty much every game. Pop has decreased slightly and Surge has increased slightly. Also seeing a fair bit of Plaything + Pentimento.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited June 12

slowdowns are not just give you time for cover up your mistake, but also giving you more hook/kill if you dont make mistake.

And by the game design, the longer the game, the weaker survivors are. Both of you arent able to get a hook, and survivors arent able to get a Gen done, you do not lose anything, but survivors lose a few pallets, depleted items, one time used perks .ect. You already have an upper hand.

Thats why slowdown never go off meta, even if nerfed.

Post edited by C3Tooth on
  • appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123

May I suggest adding Surge to the build so you don't ever need to kick gens? It helps a lot with pipping too

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Thankfully with maps getting smaller you can get at least 2 surge pops on average its slightly going stronger

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited June 12

The meta is gonna be the same

Pain ress pop deadlock grim embrace

Even ds that was nerfed people will still use it

• solarjin1

I can see why people constantly asking for chaos Shuffle to come back. Slowdown and chase extenders is all u see perk wise.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Have you tried not being a slave to the meta?

The other slowdown perks are absolutely viable.

I tend to just run Surge, Thrilling Tremors, or Call of Brine depending on my build. And by that I mean I'll run one of them, not all of them.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 626

Pretty bold assumption that I'm a slave to the meta when I just asked a question.

Surge is fine, I already said it was, only on M1 Killers.

Thrilling Tremors isn't a slowdown perk, it's primarily an information perk.

And call of Brine is a worthless perk, im not sure why you think otherwise. If your using it for gen regression it does nothing and if your using it for information surveillance does it's job infinitely better.

The screenshot is a bit outdated but it still holds up.