We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Twitch drops only on official and Fog Whisper channels is quite disappointing

Rickprado
Rickprado Member Posts: 546
edited June 13 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi! Hope everyone is fine.

I don't know if this is the right session to address this situation but i need to talk on behalf on a part of community that makes a very valuable service for the Dead By Daylight as a whole: the streamers who have small channels, their main game is DBD and they've left out of the current twitch drops.

I'm part of a community where two friends of mine are prominent streamers - they stream DBD almost every day - and i'm used to get the drops by participating in their live contents. It was quite disappointing for me when i've discovered that the drops from 12 to 30 June would be only available by watching the DBD official channel and Fog Whispers.

We need to remember that there are countries with important DBD communities where we only have one Fog Whisper which speak our native language - and in some cases, not even that. Most of us have friends who play and stream DBD and having the drops active is an important thing to get them a chance to attract new audiences.

Forgetting small streamers and their service to the game is not a nice thing, specially for those who played DBD while all the issue brought by the Twins "rework" Midchapter went live - rubberbanding, server problems, many random bugs that rendered DBD almost unplayable. People have stayed loyal to their audiences and to the game and deserve be recognized for that.

I hope BHVR think about this situation and how to support small DBD streamers, as they were those who made me love this game and are a very important part of DBD for me and for many other, i believe.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 398

100 percent legit constructive criticism.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 403

Agree thats a spooky decision.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,141

I agree & disagree.

On 1 hand it sucks for the smaller non-Fog Whisperer streamers, I agree there.

On the other hand, you're a small streamer who nobody/vast majority of the community doesn't know or has even heard of, you want drops enabled for more viewership (which benefits you, the streamer more than any other party) & you don't really have to do anything in return besides stream the game. Just b/c you stream the game doesn't entitle you to drops. If that were the case, a lot of people would be mad about this, not just in DBD but many other games. This isn't anything new. The cold hard truth is that those channels don't really offer or benefit BHVR in any way. A few people checking a streamer out is nothing in comparison to the thousands+ that come to the other bigger channels.

• Hexonthebeach

In other words streamer without a Fog Whisperer tag and same viewer count are not helping BHVR?

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 398

If this were the reason, they would always make all twitch drops thru Fog Whsiperers only. But that’s not the case. They’re only doing it for PRIDE items and something feels gross about that NGL.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 828

I honestly don't watch that many Fog Whisperers (maybe Otz sometimes?). Maybe because there aren't really that many of them streaming at the times that I watch, I dunno. But my impression is that plenty of smaller streamers do stream this game for a lot longer and on a more regular basis than a some of the more established names.

Maybe there's a perfectly good reason why they've not allowed smaller streamers to join in this time, but I hope this isn't how they'll be doing all drops from now on.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

Couldn't disagree more. My attachment to this game was made by the communities of those streamers and since then i'm always in touch with DBD, even when i'm not playing the game regularly. They are not that "small" streamers either: they have up to 150 to 200, getting even to 300+ viewers sometimes.

TBH, the only Fog Whisper i watch is Otzdarva and he is not the DBD streamer i watch the most.

"Just streaming the game" benefits Behaviour directly as those streamer are showing to their communities BHVR product and making them considering a purchase or engage with DBD in any form (social media, Youtube, etc). You need to remember that streamer can show audiences they got from other games DBD (and vice versa), making players that never heard of DBD or have seen gameplay of it have interest in DBD. I've started in the assym genre playing Resident Evil Resistance and migrate to the DBD after watching some streamers who played both games talk about DBD and what they like in the game. Its not only Fog Whispers who bring people to the game.

People need to remind that a great part that make DBD is its community and denying thousands of people who work streaming DBD an opportunity to engage their audiences with new content/prizes is something very silly and bad for the game.

• Hexonthebeach
    edited June 12

If I have time I like to watch Fog Whisperer and other streamer. First time heard from the game because gameplay videos from a non-Fog Whisperer mainly streamed dbd.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,322
    edited June 13

I noticed today that of all the streamers I follow (quite alot lol) only the two Fog Whisperers I follow and one or two others were streaming DBD. The rest were playing Killer Klowns, TCM, Valorant, or something scary like Mortuary Assistant or Phasmophobia. I'm assuming they figured people wouldn't be tuning into their streams if they played DBD because they didnt have drops. That or maybe they were disappointed to left out so purposely played something else. But yeah, I wasn't used to seeing so much variety.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 594

Well, you don't have to understand their language in order to tune in. Just have the tab running in the background with the volume turned very low while you do other things. You could probably watch youtube videos in another tab (since that's the primary suggestion directed towards Survivors who are slugged for four minutes).

If those streamers aren't online when you are? You can still have their page open, and they'll go live whenever they can, and you'll get your watch time.