Ridiculously Killer Sided!!!

I've played this game for years now and have always been a survivor main. I've had ups and downs for perk changes and that has been fine. Now it's just so stacked against survivors and I have no idea how they would get any new players on survivor. To be fair, I'm mostly a solo queue player and I honestly dont really play meta perks. I'm making my own builds, trying to just enjoy a game the way I want. Killers have been buffed and have perks that there is no way in hell that my builds or ability can allow me an equal chance of winning. The game has been completely skewed towards killers for awhile now and my breaks have just increased in duration. I worry for the state of the game and it's ability to draw in players when the odds are so heavily stacked on one side. People can say that it's my fault because of my play style or whatever but my point is that it has become increasingly less enjoyable for me. Players on the killer side have gotten there way for far to long. The voices of the few should not outweigh the many.

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I think the kill rate was around 50-55% for most killers before 6.1. Average might been exactly 53% which sounds fine on paper but suicides for example inflated that so match where survivors tried they had better chance to win. Probably perk like noed carried many killers too. Playing agains't dead hard was terrible back then so I think that made players not like playing killer.

Now kill rate seems to be in 60-65% range and that seems little too high. Because soloQ is the side who suffers most. Many maps have been nerfed and made smaller to give m1 killers chance. If gens don't get done quickly the match is lost as resources end quickly. Maybe it would be good to test balance around 55-60% kill rate that might make it more fair and add some of the weaker maps more pallets or something.

• Jaredleto1234
    Jaredleto1234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 70

Honestly, I would be okay with making it so you can only try to unhook yourself, if you have a perk associated with that mechanic. Think about the amount of times you actually tried to unhook for a good reason and you managed to do it. You can probably count all of those times on one hand. I also don't see a problem if the struggle mechanic were to only show up if you are 1 of 2 people left, or everyone else is slugged. That would kill 80-90% of people going next, you would still have people dcing but at least you get a bot now.

I think at that point you would start to actually get a good sense of why people are leaving games though. I know that the forums would tell people to just stop being "toxic" and giving up. But there are at least 3 killers I can think of, where I would rather drink bleach than play against. Dcing is just as much on unfun game mechanics, as it is on "toxic" survivors.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 391

First of all, serious question - do you play killer at all? If not, maybe actually give it a try for a while and then form your conclusions. There are so many people on the forum that say the game is skewed one way or the other, and most of them have probably never played the other side. I really don't have any respect for those opinions.

2nd, you say that you are "making my own builds, trying to just enjoy a game the way I want" - well, that's another problem. Just trying to play chill and not consistently using the better perks means you're probably going to win at below average rates, so it sounds like some of this is self-inflicted.

3rd, you're not supposed to escape all the time. Killer is supposed to be the power role and it's supposed to be hard to escape. Escape rates for solo survivors are around 40%, which is exactly what the devs consider balanced. If you're consistently getting way below that, then that means you probably need to improve yours skills. That's not meant to be insulting - the same holds true for all players, including myself. I play a lot of solo queue and as long as you don't have complete potato teammates, it feels like I have a chance to escape in a good percentage of my matches. I used to be a lot worse and would go down pretty quickly in chases, but with more play time I've gotten better at knowing how to play loops, how to string tiles together, etc. Also, playing killer helps you better understand how to counter killer strategies and learn what parts of maps are strong for survivors.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 455

I would suggest playing an equal amount of each. Playing killer massively improved my survivor skill level as you will learn from the people you face you'll learn counters an killer limitations an strategies you can implement into your survivor games.
    good luck

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 309

According to the Devs, the desired kill rate is 60% and thats roughly where we are now. So no, the kill rates are, in fact, not too high

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,175

What? Survivors get a 10% speed buff at the next gen after completing one? This is a thing?

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Also someone playing both sides here. I want to caution that your experience isn't everyone's.

I've not really noticed any change. I have not seen my Survivor escape rate change at all. It was actually much more common for me to escape during MFT Meta, but my escape rate is about… I'd say… 4/10 games. So, about 40%. I haven't noticed more 4ks that usual, my SWF always either is stomp or be stomped to the point I sometimes feel bad and even give my Kill, but I have seen an increase in 1-3ks lately indicating balance. A four man out is exceedingly rare. But all of this hardly matters because I win Survivor by pipping, and I have pipped just fine easily every round since the depip removal. I'm happy with this.

Meanwhile I watched my Killer winrate (I consider 2k or better a win like the Devs do, but don't really care if I only 1k) turn from about 50% of the time to 60% on all Killers I play, and since I prefer M1s and play maybe one killer above a B tier (Pinhead and I am new to him), this is a vast improvement. My games have more breathing room and I feel more free to mess up and still do OK. I haven't had many 0ks since any of these changes which is a huge improvement. Since depips are gone, I know as long as I max my power and try my best, I can still do fine and pip easily without tryharding for the 4k every time as say, Ghostface or something. I'm happy with this.

Perhaps we all just need to shift our mindset on what a "win" is?

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Complaining about the game being killer sided while not using meta perks when killers usually do is a non sense.

That would be like me complaining because I lose a lot of matches with scratched mirror Myers or my Trapper meme build and saying that the game is survivor sided… 🤣

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 535

No, that would be the counterpart to Pain Res. Thats what I mentioned.

Killers Goal: Hook Surivors - with Pain Res, you get 20% regression on the most completed gen

Survivor Goal: Do Gens - with "Survivor-Pain-Res", you get X% boost for the next gen.

Thats what I meant. Pain Res works that way. Do your main objective and get rewarded.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 309
    edited June 15
    Post edited by Sandt1985 on
  • KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 709

Did you ever play against 2 or more people with 5k hours or more in one match? You'll see that the survivors will probably destroy you.

You might be right that people with less hours struggle a lot against some killers, but people with a lot of hours will put up a pretty good maybe even unwinnable fight especially if you're a m1-killer. Of course every scenario in dbd depents on addons, items, maps, killer and so on and so on, but against good players it's okay balanced, even as solo-queue.

4-man swfs probably don't even need that many hours if they are playing well as a team.

Your problem is most likely solo-queue but that's a problem for a while now and doesn't have anything to do with the killers being to strong. Solo-queue teams just don't play together very well most of the time (or at all, depending if they even do anything besides hiding lol) so they loose against any killer or tactic that needs teamplay. They'd have to give solo-queue players at least a little bit more informations like perks of the others, pings and so on aswell as make the matchmaking better. That way it would be a lot easier against killers and tactics like that and therefore more balanced.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,101

Imo, this game was survivor-sided until the last nerf on Dead Hard, so 7 years would be more accurate.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498

I would say 6 at the most. 8 would imply that killer was always weak the entire dbd lifespan which isn’t true

• adsads123123123123
    edited June 16

It was on that killers that could abuse it, mainly high mobility killers, which could run around kicking every gen. However, it was mediocre on killers lacking mobility, which was almost every killer back then. Gen kicking was very weak and largely a waste of time (without perks) in the past. Also, Dead Hard made it difficult to secure downs to proc Eruption.

Killers overall were weaker for 7 years, but if you are talking about just the top tier killers, it varied depending on the patch.

• adsads123123123123
    edited June 16

That's just a skill issue if you got held hostage by a Myers, who has one of the worst chase abilities in the game and also no mobility. Skull Merchant was the only killer that could ever consistently hold a 3 gen from the start of the match.