Being the last survivor but getting slugged

Options

I was in a Masquerade match where the Killer slugged for the 4K, typical game of DBD. But after a while of picking my teammate up then working on the gens, he finally downed us both.
After hooking her across the map, he flew over and decided to stand on me using all his spells over and over (He was a Lich).
I had barely lost any bleedout, so I had practically a full bar, all while he just kinda bm'd me over and over.
Obviously, this is very boring, and I clearly won't make some grand escape, so I got up and made Coffee to pass time.
I come back and he's STILL just cycling spells and pointing at me and such, and I have crows of course.
At the last slither of health, he picks me up and tosses me on a hook, hitting me and nodding as he does so.

So here's the gripe: Why is this even something.
I have no idea what could be implemented to discourage this type of behavior. And no, I don;t think slugging is the issue, it's the fact I was the last survivor, with no means of actually ending the game in any way due to bleeding out. I obviously could'a just crawled until I found hatch, but the futility of the situation and my expectation for him to grow bored just lead me to walk away for a bit, yet he still wasted a lot of time and proceeded to bm as though I was in a 4man with all flashlights refusing to participate (I also record all my matches and looked back, and lo-and-behold, he actually stood there bming the ENTIRE time).

I was just thinking, if there's literally no way to escape, the killer has everyone else dead, and I have obviously no means of saving myself, can the Devs just make a "Give UP" button kinda like the Unhook self button?
And I mean specifically in these kinds of scenarios, where the killer is actively refusing to abide normal flow of game.

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

I think the give up button should have some conditions... For example you can give up if a. Everybody is in the dying state and there no means of getting back up, every single player can decide to just give up. b. The team majority votes to give up the match, so at least 3 votes, in case of a swf being in the match maybe even 4 votes. c. Less than 3 players are alive, all players need to vote to give up and so on and so forth... There is not reason to force players to play the game in those cases...

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 188
    Options

Strangely enough, there is actually a type of people who find satisfaction in being BM as efficient as possible in games.

Normally this style of play should not be encouraged, instead a good psychologist should be automatically recommended via email before anything bad happens, but we are in DBD and THAT is the norm here.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 683
    Options

Yeah, let survivors bleed out faster if they want. Let killers leave the game after gens are done. Sure.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,538
    edited June 14
    Options

I still don't see the harm in having a basekit effect where once survivors have recovered to 95%, they can press a button to enter Desperation and crawl 50% faster, their grunts of pain are also 50% louder but bleed out 300% faster... leave bloody trails for 50% longer to simulate bleeding more... why not?

But I've gotten a lot of pushback for that idea, and I'm not really sure why... the arguments basically just amounted to "No". 🫤

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 419
    Options

I've never been a fan of bm from survivors or killers just play the game i say.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 942
    Options

Yet another time to ask for finisher mori, right

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 96
    Options

Currently the only method is dc. Also bming is quite reportable as multiple offences end up in a ban 100% of the time. The way people tend to give up in this game range from they dont like the killer, they see the team isnt doing much, the killer is tunneling for moris rather than playing normaly with them, they had something come up at home and have to go but dont want to lose their challenge or something, and then there the killer trying too hard to win so everyone whose just casually playing wants to go to the next round. But as for all 4 being slugged and harrassment the only way to give up is dc or make a fool of them by going to do something else which u did lol. Giving players a new way to give up early will end up in an even greater surge of rounds where the survivors just dont even try. Maybe they could just add a button to bleed out faster if you are 1 or 2 survivors left. But then killers would say they need that person slugged longer for a 4k, which shouldnt be how its done just avoiding the existence of the hatch in the game altogether

• cclain
    cclain Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 28
    Options

yesterday I played a game where the hunter left the 4 players in slugs without hooking anyone.

in a case like this we should be able to commit suicide, but only in a case where all 4 are in slug, or the last one alive is in slug

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 942
    Options

Just wait four minutes, far more healthier and doesn't break any game rule by DC

• Rigbeta
    Rigbeta Member Posts: 131
    Options

Waiting four minutes because the killer wants to waste as much time as possible is asinine and you know it. Also, your previous response is not constructive in the least. Don't reply unless you have an actual component to add to the conversation that isn't sarcastic or obnoxious.

No the, "Give Up" I'm suggesting only would occur in the specific parameter of a Killer refusing to pick up the L a s t survivor or maybe if there's a quad slug, like everyone can vote to leave or something of they've been bled out by a significant amount and the killer hasn't engaged in any meaningful way. You mention that as well with the last 1 or 2, but I wanted to reiterate.

I think that could be nice if the killer is specifically refusing to engage for a very long time or is there's 1 or 2 survivors left.

There's a significant difference in the two. The Killer can start endgame collapse via hatch or opening an exit. They have the options to expediate the end of the match. Survivors that are forced to wait out a bleedout is bm as well as trolling on the Killer's part. Survivors should have a means of ending their experience if the killer is drawing out a losing scenario out of malice or spite.

This game tends to attract a lot of flies, yes.

That also would work. The game IDV actually has a similar voting system in that exact scenario.

Unfortunately players tend to get spiteful or cruel if they feel slighted from in-game interactions. I also get pretty heated, but I almost never t-bag, point or hit survivors on hook (Or the new dumbass "Hump" killers have adopted from some weird predilection). Doing those things have been argued to be a type of "mindgame" to mess with your opponent but I find it unnecessary and mean-spirited. And of course some people are just nasty trolls that get off on being obnoxious.