Masquerade event is unplayable for survivors

Options

I know, there are many threats already, but I'm STILL going to make another post.

With the abilities killers get this event, ESPECIALLY the remote hooking with almost no cooldown makes the game unplayable for survivors.

Comments

• cclain
    cclain Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 28
    Options

i have far more escape rate in event that normal game, just use spell to hide , its strong af

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 954
    Options

Out of all powers, remote hooking is weakest of all

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,298
    Options

What's the issue people have with remote hooking? It doesn't deny saves, so the only real benefit it gives outside of saving a little time is denying sabotages.

Is that the reason people are mad? Outside of that I can't see what could be affecting the average game that badly with remote hooking.

• AriellesDove
    AriellesDove Member Posts: 21
    Options

it denies sabotage, toolboxes with sabo add ons, flip flop, boil over, breakout, protection hits, ds and saves the killer a lot of time

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,298
    Options

I don't know, outside of DS I don't really think any of those are a huge problem.

Sure, it's beneficial, but the Invitation effects are supposed to be beneficial. Survivors get some situationally strong ones too, I think it's ultimately fine.

Denying sabotages and the occasional wiggle-out perk seems like a fair benefit when you can still be blinded and stunned out of it.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 658
    Options

not the abilities, but how toxic and tryhard the killers are... Sure, the remote hook is unbalanced as duck, but killers slugging tunneling, camping, and bringing moris just ruin the game for survivors (as well as survivors giving up on their first down for killers)

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 317
    Options

It deny saves, you can blind the killer or throw a pallet and the hook animation is prioritized.