The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Unfair bans

BigBrefis
BigBrefis Member Posts: 4
edited June 24 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know you guys on the Dev team are busy, but since March Ive been getting booted out of matches on the regular. Almost daily. Bans ranging from 3 minutes to 24 hours and more. None of it is my fault. My ISP is stable, 800bps download speeds, consistently operating at 111-130% efficiency. This is NOT on my end.
Apparently, a lot of people on reddit are having the same problem, some say since February. (EDIT: I am a PS5 player, if that matters.)

I have NEVER rage quit a match, and have only left 3 matches in 4 years due to power or internet outages. But since the March update its happening ALL THE TIME, and now I'm missing out on this fun Anniversary event.
When I submitted a ticket, I just got a form letter saying 'so sorry - moving on'.
PLEASE help. PLEASE fix this. PLEASE!

This event is such a limited time, and at this rate (on day ONE!) I'm going to lose out on so much play. When my current ban is up in the morning, I'm going to play until you drop me from the server AGAIN, and be banned for a day OR LONGER. I know I'm not the only one on the forums this is happening to. PLEASE prioritize this assist.

Post edited by BigBrefis on

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

Have you tried to have another person with another PC stay at your house to replicate the problem on their rig?

That would quickly determine if the problem if your computer or a problem with the connection.

• Queen_HawlSera
    Queen_HawlSera Member Posts: 37

I haven't had this problem myself, but I've heard people complaining on the Steam Forums about it, I hope they're able to figure this out.

• yourbabyglo
    yourbabyglo Member Posts: 11

Unfortunately I share your frustration.

I tried everything since April to fix the problems they claim to be on my end but nothing changes. I keep getting the error codes “873” & “1274”. Anytime I mention it I get the response “We forward it to our team” and nothing happens. I was hopeful that they would’ve had it fixed before this event but clearly not. Which makes it upsetting for us with these issues to not be able to enjoy the game. And before anyone asks, yes I contacted IT support, updated my drivers, UE5, updated graphics, tried the -dx11 trick… nothing. Every forum possible that’s out there, I read & checked. There’s nothing more we can do but to wait and hope that it gets fixed.