The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PC - FPS Drops since UE5 (Patch 7.7)

Ynneb
Ynneb Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, but it's become very annoying over the last few months.

It comes at random times, no particular special action or maps/killer/perks/etc....
The freeze lasts 1sec on average and happens every 20min approximately.
This can be quite frustrating as survivor while you are running or as killer during a chase.

This bug arrived with the engine update, and despite the patches that followed, nothing has been fixed for me.

Anyone with the same issue?

8 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited June 16

I'm taking a break because of the rubberbanding/lags still happening, even they said it's "fixed". I heard for many ppl it even got worse. Just bring a farm offering as survivor, it's really bad. I'm on Xbox Series X and it happens on PS5 aswell. I also reproduced the issue in the tutorial, so it's def not my internet, it's a problem within the new engine.

• IriaBloo
    IriaBloo Member Posts: 10

I was putting it down to just my pc, but if others are experiencing it then I add my complaint about it too.

• yourbabyglo
    yourbabyglo Member Posts: 11
    edited June 19

I’m having constant crashing issues too, very frustrating since it’s the masquerade event and I would’ve hoped they had it fix by now. The issues I’m having are the errors “873” & “1274” which for no particular reason, pops up out of no where. I posted these issues and read on different forums that MANY players can’t even enjoy the game since they transferred to Unreal Engine 5. My honest opinion? It won’t get fixed soon & the devs won’t resort back to the other graphics they once had but also won’t fix this issue in a timely manor. This game is just in limbo for the time being since I don’t want to face anymore ridiculous bans. And yes, I contact IT supported, followed their steps to “resolve” it on my end, but it’s not on my end. Definitely a game error, I just hope they don’t forget about us that are having these issues.

Post edited by yourbabyglo on