There should be an option to block at least 1 Killer from the roster.

Options
2»

Comments

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

I am always baffled when people hate going against Skull Merchant but have no problem with Nurse. Like gurl, you can use pallets and windows against a SM, people can even body block for you. Against a Nurse, forget pallets and windows, you have no defense. Dodging a good Nurse's blinks is also close to impossible unless your ping is below 40 and you have a high frame rate. If she misses with 1 blink, there's the 2nd blink crutch. And even if she doesn't quite land the 2nd blink, her green lunge-extending addon makes sure you don't make it alive. Also she's pretty good at bypassing anyone who is trying to body block for you.

Skull Merchant is a saint compared to Nurse, in my opinion.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 643
    Options

They're not going to implement a system that increases queue times for killers for nothing but survivor enjoyment. Only survivors get any benefit from this and people that happen to enjoy the hated killer of the week are punished.

Listen: killer players are not here to facilitate your gameplay or enjoyment. When you play vs a no good bad skill merchant there's someone behind that screen trying to play the game, very likely without malice. They're just trying to have fun like you are. They are people, just like you are. So grow a little empathy and think about dropping the entitlement.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

Only if Killers get to block 4 perks too.

• Mortecaii
    Mortecaii Member Posts: 64
    Options

If you cant dodge a nurse blink, then that's a skill issue. I'd much rather go against Nurse any day, any time, vs a boring 20-30 min match of SM. At least if I cant dodge Nurse, then my game will be over in like 5 mins.

• Ohyakno
    Options

This is the scintillating discourse that keeps me coming back. Provoking and well thought out response.

• Ohyakno
    edited June 19
    Options

I play about a dozen killers. Skull merchant is among them, but I enjoy others more.

If you want to be irrational and say killer bad and beat your chest that's fine, I guess. But make a thread about that b-tier killer being a no good nasty menace instead of floating an idea that affects everyone. It's short sighted.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • k3ijus
    k3ijus Member Posts: 104
    Options

Why should survivors be forced to play a killer they don't like going against? Not to sound self entitled but some surviviors just hate or mentally cannot stand going up against some killers, for example
    -Spirit (person could be partially deaf, they cant read sound cues)
    - Plague (person could have Emetophobia)
    -Skull Merchant (Person could prefer to not face a killer that is unlikeable to them
    -Trapper(Person could be solq and cant coordinate with the team, I know this isn't the best example but it will serve as the point)
    -Pig(Person could have a history of fellow survivors "Teaming" with said killer and prefer actual matches)
    -Ghostface

Obviously, this would slow down queue times, but if you were deaf would you even bother fighting a spirit? What if you literally found everything about Skull Merchant boring and refused to play? What if you had Emetophobia and forced yourself to DC for the sake of yourself?

Survivors should respect killers fun and vise versa, and its neither sides fault if a survivor couldn't face that killer, so rather than making the match boring for both parties let a survivor disable at least one killer they hate

This isn't targeted, but if I face a killer and half of my team dcs or does the equal of that, it instantly ruins the fun for me and probably everyone else in the trial.

Killers could additionally have a similar function to this, and disable matches against certain perks that they find extremely triggering, or insensitive to

• Ohyakno
    edited June 19
    Options

So you're talking about accessibility. I'm talking about raging out because you just don't like this or that killer. You're muddying the water here.

And you're talking about accessibility for one side. That stuff cuts both ways. Say I want to pay spirit but I'm hard of hearing. It's probably not going to work out very well. Should I get indicators of where survivors are? Apply that to any killer. Should they have visual indicators of where you are through walls because some can't hear footsteps?

After a certain point accessibility starts taking over the design of the game. It's infeasible to be fully accessible to everyone. Sorry. You have to say to yourself "can I deal with the content in this game right now?" Before you boot it up. You're not forced to interact with any of the content in the game. There's other stuff to do. Especially if that content is a particular killer that irrationally makes you rage out at their mere existence.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

That would dramatically increase queue times. Think about it like this: There are 4 survivors in a lobby, each of them with the option to ban 1 killer. That is up to 4 different killers banned each match, which is a lot. Especially considering that many would ban the more popular killers.

If we were to change it so that only 1 killer per lobby could be banned, we'd either need to find 4 survivors that all banned the same killer, which again would take quite a bit or we'd need to put them in a lobby, let them vote and then start looking for a suitable killer. This would likely make matchmaking worse overall and also take a lot of time because the survivors would need to somehow come to a compromise, which killer should be banned.

As much as I understand not wanting to play against SM, this is not the solution. She needs a rework. A complete rework this time.

• g00zilla
    g00zilla Member Posts: 3
    Options

Oh man, I would so love this. As a survivor with almost zero interest in playing killer it would be such a quality of life boost for me and I would play a lot more. Like sorry if your favourite killer is Myers I just hate playing against him. I mean I will do it, because as a survivor I have a lot less control over what kind of match it is. But yeah, the game was sold to me as a stealth coop with chases and I just wanted to sneak around with my friends I don't want the killer to be the sneaky one. Sorry if that makes the game worse for other people it would be a dream come true for me. Maybe if your killer gets banned too much you could just play a killer people hate less idk, frankly IDC.

But killer mains saying queue times would be bad, like how do you know more people like me don't quit playing for extended periods? How do you know they couldn't have been online reducing your wait times if you could just accept some quality of life changes for them. Well IDK, I don't have access to that data frankly I just want it cause it would make the game more fun for me! This is my main gripe with the game. They release all these cool new killers but I don't want to play killer, idk. Seems like lots of people do, so it can't be an issue, maybe just give survivors a bit more control over the match so they don't queue for 10 minutes just to get tunneled again in their least favourite match idk. I sure would quit less

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

A complete rework this time.

Can I get back pallet breaking? That was a reason why I have started to play her in first place... and her skins of course, but that won't be changed hopefully.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options
  • VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,528
    Options
  • mangomilkshake
    mangomilkshake Member Posts: 43
    Options
  • Ohyakno
    Options

I'm not a "killer main". Water gets you wet. Staring at the sun will damage your eyes. This will increase queue times. It's just factual regardless of what side you prefer. All this us vs them garbage is so tiresome.

Why do you think you deserve preferential treatment? Why do you think your enjoyment matters more than others'? Selfish and indefensible.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 735
    edited June 19
    Options

Skull Merchant would be immediately removed from my matches, and since everyone would pick her as well, Skull Merchant players would have the longest queue times, which is hilarious to think about.

• Mirth
    Mirth Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hey so why are so many of you afraid of Skully? I don't get it. She can be sneaky and there's drones. How's she worse than frigging Wesker?