We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Knight mains!! REJOICE!!

Rickprado
Rickprado Member Posts: 546

What are your first thoughts on these changes?

i'm eager to test them on the PTB!!

The only change i'm not sure about is the "NEW] When The Knight is within 8 meters of his guard, the guard’s hunt timer depletes 3x faster". Maybe this was to make it impossible do double hit a survivor?

Congratz to the devs for this dev update!!

Comments

• Rickprado

Well, considering its just the PTB, i want to try it out to test as it will become.

We only got half of MotR and "Pillaged Mead were fan favorites???" What? Pillaged Mead is trash and no one uses that addon at all. We need Call to Arms base kit as well. Now that is STILL a required addon…killing me here.

Yes, i wish they added full map of the realm and reworked the addon, but lets test in on the PTB to see how it will go.

About the short range and long range patrols: i still think it will be a buff overall, as you can create long range patrols circling objects and loops, maybe they change the faster deplete rate when the Knight is near a guard - i don't think that is necessary.

What we needed was a scalable increase to guard chase speed with a skill
    requirement to allow guards to reliably get hits if we played well

The devs said many times that the Knight is meant to get a hit working together with his guards, not the guards by themselves. Although i understand that some player want the guards to get hits, i still think that this can lead to some Skull Merchant situations where a Knight holds a trigen by sending guards to get them injure and send survivors away.

The problem is he was supposed to get significantly buffed in his healthier game play in return, which didn't happen.

Lets wait the PTB and give the proper feedback to the devs in what is needed to put the Knight in a better spot.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 139

I like the changes but I will need to test this first, because I really liked to use the Carnifex to fast break pallets and it is not clear to me if I will be able to do this at close range.

• Rickprado

They've said in another post this will be possible and will be possible even closer than before

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,199

kinda off topic, but this isn’t necessarily a killer main thing. Lots of us play both roles.

• Rickprado

Of course! I'm playing a lot of survivor these days, with friends or even SoloQ.

Knight will be a much healthier to go against. I hope the devs give more "buffs" and quality of life changes to the "long range patrol" style.

But i've called the Knight mains because we have been waiting for these changes for a long time and we've finally got it! I've even thought Behaviour would never ever buff the Knight - specially after the killswitch in last year.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,813

Is the carnifex insta break gone now??? That would be pretty bad.

• Rickprado

Well, looks like there are more changes to come and i hope some bugfixes for the Knight guards ai

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,637

All sounds pretty good on paper to me, as a Knight enjoyer myself.

Would need to test it in play though.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 437
  • Rickprado

That's the biggest problem to me, as you will need to be close to your guard to get a hit on a survivor. But i think this won't go to the live servers, as will render the Knight power ineffective in many situations.

I hope they fix many of the Knight bugs in this ptb, as they did with the Twins and Nurse.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 297

Looks like Dried Horsemeat is still going to feel quasi-mandatory for the killer, which is quite the missed opportunity for BHVR. And since when is Pillaged Mead a "fan favorite addon"?

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,821

I think the direction is good. The guards being easily exploitable is a thing, and we'll hopefully see a slew of bug fixes and AI improvememts to the guards... but what I see in this update is the Knight needs to actually think about how he's gonna cut survivors off.

The 8m change is a clever value to use... it means the Knight can't just stick a guard on a survivor and zone them by forcing them to run in a straight line while he hovers along side waiting for the survivor to run out of map. He actually has to make the guard go one way while he goes another and actually cut of survivors, preferably by overshooting his guard and having them push survivors into him.

I would like like full Map of the Realm, though I think in conjunction with the half MotR basekit change, the detection ranges being increased for all guards should mean they amount to roughly the same? I hope so, cause it seems like it'll be more important than ever with these changes.

The option to cycle guards is very nice. Though one concern is that if the pathing of the guards if up to 1.5 times longer, that means I have longer before I can use another guard... If the jailor is out hunting for 24s, that mean he takes even longer to end? Maybe a feature I can cancel, wait the 3s and bring out a new guard if I want would be nice?

Will be interesting to see what happens on the PTB

• aeonskul
    aeonskul Member Posts: 35

Would you care to explain how in any way he is more fun to play when you are now penalized for doing actually anything? 5 seconds for flag spawns means you are handing survivors a free sprint burst since you now have to sit still and send the guard 10m away before resuming chase.

Also could you explain how it is more rewarding to play when you are, again, penalized for doing anything with your power? Guards cannot score hits by themselves and the game now actively punishes you for chasing alongside your guards by shortening their spawn time by a whopping 300% when you get close to them. There is nothing positive here. There is no reward, there is no fun.

• aeonskul
    aeonskul Member Posts: 35

Is this a troll post, OP? There's 1 QoL update (selecting guards) and a metric ton of nerfs. What is there to rejoice about?

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

It seems like they want his guards to be a slowdown power? Like you use one to chase one survivor and waste time so they're not on a gen, while you chase someone else.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 297

QoL changes can also be buffs. They in fact almost always are. Definitely not a update to rejoice about for Knight (and good Hux players) mains though, I agree.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 138

Remove the hunt timer going down when near a guard and the rest seems fine

• UndeddJester

Yeah, that's why I wanna see the findings in the PTB... I think the direction is good, but he may need more put into his kit to shine.

My hope is along with the rework, he'd also get a slew of bug fixes to make the guards more functional/dangerous.

I think the changes are interesting, will likely need buffs, but as with anything on the PTB, its the concept, not the numbers that is important, and its sn intriguing heading.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,474

So he gets a slowdown power which is far weaker than pinhead box, and also gets a chase capability weaker than pinhead

Seems right to me

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 287

We see but I really not keeping my hopes up on the bug fixes. Since bugs are one the major reason he feels so bad to play(at least imo) I feel they would had said something in the dev blog. Something along the lines "We also looking at fixing some of the most problematic bugs knight has" Maybe these changes will make him better but on paper, I still think this a net nerf at best.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 249

Well for one thing a shorter gen kick time on Jailer + Assassin is bad since kicking a generator blocks survivors from repairing it.

I’ll have to try it out but sounds like a huge nerf overall, pincer attacks and dropping guards on annoying loops was a large part of why he was my favourite killer and sounds he’s going from mid tier to low tier in strength.

• UndeddJester

True, and Twins was the same... but we can dream right? 😭

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

insta drop while im glad its gone does make knight significantly weaker cause it was a necessary evil to work with them cause guards can't reliably get hits on their own.

A 2 meter detection increase won't help his guards get hits they also need a speed increase especially Assassin since hes supposed to be the speedster of the group yet a survivor can just easily outlast the timer by just holding W or looping a tile once to grab the banner not to mention the various bugs and techs to get them stuck.

Call to arms is very much a mandatory addon now even more then before same with dried horsemeat

• Rickprado
    edited June 22

Post edited by Rickprado on
  • Rickprado
    edited June 20

I really think they will go back in this. This is terrible, won't deny. But aside from this, i'm happy to see the devs at least trying to change the Knight in a good way.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,548

These changes are absolutely horrible. His power won't do anything after this. The changes read like no one on BHVR has ever actually played as him.