We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

The ongoing decrease of skill on all updated Killers

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,690
edited June 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

Knight

• Make him more simple, remove parts of his power, only make him kick stuff with guards or create long paths.

Singularity

• Auto-aim on biopods for your ease.

Hillbilly

• Less cooldowns on everything, more easily to curve
  • Remove sky billy or secret spots

Trickster

• Walking fast as regular killer, spam your ability to get free event to get free minigun, repeat

Blight

• Remove techs/bugs to make him more simple

Chucky

• Remove degree flicks with Slice and Dice, remove scampper to make him more easy to play (and againts)

etc.

With each killer update, unless its simple number tweeks and QoL updates, each killer gets more brainded, more easy and more shallow to play. Is this a good thing tho? It sounds pretty scary to me. Some killers should be easy to play and pick up and we allready have plenty of those, but why are you devs trying to make hard killers with lot of going on braindead and easy and more boring for some players who like them allready?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,637

Knight is one I can argue isn't getting this treatment, to an extent.

You'll need to plan your paths for patrols now, you can still do break actions at any range, and cutting off survivors at loops requires thinking ahead with your hunts. The skill expression will still be down to the M1, but there's still going to be map knowledge and guesswork with making patrol paths. Not to mention, Knight will be able to choose which guard for which situation he needs, which is a little bit better. Not saying he's a top skill killer, he still relies on AI bots, but this change will make him require a little more effort instead of dropping a guard at a loop.

And for Singu, I'm just glad I won't go to a biopod randomly facing a wall if someone is near it. That's at least a bonus to me. If they had to change the camera angles, it really should just default to the middle of it's view range.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,443

Bruh… reading forum recently I start to think people literally searching for reasons to complain. What is this post?
    Easier to pick up = braindead? Blight become more simple? No scamper = more easy? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Billy is easier than before and STILL one of the hardest killers to mastered, what means that you don't have to waste hundreds of hours just to NOT feeling terrible playing him and still need thousands of hours to be really great on him. Literally same situation with Hux now. Blight literally became harder, since bamp logic is his bread and butter now. Chucky's braindead ability was literally removed, how he became easier?
    You all guys really need to chill here and stop exagerrating to this ludicrous degree.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 297

It definitely isn't reassuring. I hope Dracula was not designed with this design philosophy in mind… (no idea why you think Scamper was a skillful ability through)

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 297
    edited June 20

Well, you're right but new Knight seems even more dumbed down, somehow. BHVR seriously seem to believe that guards can reliably get hits all on their own. Maybe at bottom MMR they can but against people who remember the existence of banners the guards will still need our assistance in order to be relevant.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,013

I think encouraging a sniper playstyle for Knight is actually a good direction for more skill expression for him. Not sure how I feel about the aim assist for Singularity but I think it would have been a great add-on.

Billy is basically what he used to be prior to his Overheat rework, having little to no cooldowns especially with his old Thompson's Mix. He's buffed to the point where he's capable of competing in the current meta and the Realm Beyond maps.

While I don't care about the hug tech, I do miss Blight's J-flick. I had a different opinion on this in the past but I think it was excellent skill expression and was fun to utilize as well as fun to go against.

Removing Chucky's passive scamper as a whole wasn't the best decision IMO, I would have made it so that for a few seconds, he gets slowed down in movement speed and can't use slice & dice for a few seconds kinda like when Wesker vaults a window/pallet.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,690

Knight will have less gameplay since he can't use his power in chase, no metter how hard or not it was.

Also I mentioned like X killers yet you all just talk about Knight being easy. You missed the point of this post.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,814
    edited June 21

Guard dropping and Scamper were the exact opposite of skill. If anything they’ve become MORE skilful.

Singularity and Hillbilly were/are just too clunky and miserable to play. They still are skilful they just aren’t miserable to play as anymore.

Aiming your pods wasn’t even the part of Singularity’s kit that made him skilful in the first place so this doesn’t really change anything for him in terms of skilful except make him more rewarding to play.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

Sorry, but i deeply disagree about the Knight. He will be much harder to play but much more rewarding now. You will need to think every second which guard is the best for that moment of the game (specially now since Jailer has some chase potential) and how to use them properly. I would argue he will become one of the hardest killers in the game since the "drop the guard into a loop" is gone and now you will need to play strategically to corner and get hits. And that's healthy for the game.

We need to remember we will have a PTB and then the patch goes on the live servers. The bad parts of this rework can be adjusted in time with proper feedback and devs will. Maybe they change the minimum distance path and i really hope they remove the debuff you get when you are closer to your guards.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

They bufff and add QoL to killer who need it.

Its a casual game, nobody cares about your "skill expression" being ruined because you spend too much time playing them

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,698

The changes to Singularity are to make him more accessible and less clunky, plus the auto-aim is necessary to even run him with a controller.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 902

You can get snipes as knight right now if you want. Go ahead and go do it.

You have to use the same tracking tools as spirit except when you track properly you don't get a hit. You get an unreliable AI guard that will never get a health state on its own. Except now if you have the temerity to use the guard to corral survivors it vanishes at 3x speed. Like it or not insta dropping guards was the more impactful part of his power and if you take that you've gotta give him something else. This is just butchering him because content creators don't like him.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,974

No, you're wrong. Giving Knight a minimum trail length for guard placement just makes him hard to use for no reason. He already had an issue of having to stand back so far from a wall or pallet just to place the guard, similar to Twins and Artist's limitations. Scamper made it to where Chucky had agency in chase, like old Spirit or old Deathslinger. The killer had advantage in chase instead of the survivor. The devs create scenarios where a player "can't do anything," but if it's a issue that survivors suffer from, they remove it. So now you have the opposite scenario where, instead of the survivor "not having gameplay," the killer doesn't have gameplay. Why would you ever Scamper now? Tell me one instance, other than a survivor running in a straight line after a vault.

• danielmaster87

Which, if they'd played him, they'd know that Knight is one of the hardest killers in the game to use. And across the board, they've made everything he does less effective. The ability for guards to kick gens, and the buffs to guards doing that, were great. But the gen kick limit makes it to where you don't want to use that anymore, because a Carnifex kick to a gen could waste a potential use of Pop or Pain Res later on when the gen blocks. None of this is easy for the killer.

• danielmaster87

There were so many changes to him which were just unnecessary, and necessary changes which didn't end up happening. His biggest weakness is that EMPs are too strong (taking out multiple cameras and curing multiple survivors simultaneously), and his infection can also be cured automatically by being hooked. It's got to be one or the other. Otherwise, you just get games where you're spending all game infecting and not chasing, or you're chasing and not inflecting. There is currently no time for both. Tru3 rightly points out that the cameras should be left facing the position you last left them in, because you place them looking at a gen, and next time you switch to it, it's looking at the default position which is a branch, a wall, or a rock. The highlighting of survivors didn't need to go. If you can't see them, how are you gonna scan them? 🤷‍♀️

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,698

I agree with those cameras being left in their last position absolutely.

My issues with Singularity are so many tiny things blocking the pods (like leaves and other junk) and the miserable time tracking & camera movement with a controller. I'm hoping some of these changes improve all of that.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521
  • lettuchia
    lettuchia Member Posts: 196

"I'm just glad I won't go to a biopod randomly facing a wall if someone is near it" You literally control the biopod yourself, it's not random

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,859

DbD might not be a skillful game, just saying its a videogame with multiple types of players. Not just catering to one type here.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,996

Agreed! Im P30 with Larry but there is only so much you can do with a controller, truly. I know first hand how frustrating it is to play him on console and I have probably 50 videos to show why he needs these QOL changes.

I am really excited about this honestly in general.

• ChaosWam

That's… That's the issue my guy.

When you have 0.5 seconds in most cases to aim at someone mid chase and the biopod resets to facing a wall.

• lettuchia
    lettuchia Member Posts: 196

What are you talking about? It only "resets" to facing a wall if you were facing a wall when you were last controlling it

• ChaosWam

Never for me. Every time I revisit a pod or place a new one to use, more often than not it's facing wildly one direction, mostly at walls.

• Soundwave_11
    Soundwave_11 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 13

I'm surprised that Skull Merchant isn't on this list

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,824
    edited June 24

Remove techs/bugs to make him more simple

You mean fixing unintended exploits that depending on how well Blight could utilize said exploits, could gain an unfair advantage over the other side.

To which i say is nothing but a good thing that it got fixed and that i only wish that it did so way sooner.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,869

you cannot bunch killers like that together. each killer is seperate and gets changed for different reasons.

Chucky & Blight were nerfed for being overly effective. In most cases, nerf will lower killer's skill expression because they have less options to make plays.

Trickster & Billy had poor identities. they were objectively buffed to be stronger at their own niche gameplay. Trickster could maybe use a bit more. most of billy communities seems happy with his changes.

Knight is having his strengths re-balanced. He might be a very high-skill killer post rework compare to what he is now.

Singularity is getting QOL changes and fixing add-on dependency. I just hope they don't over-nerf his good add-on's.