Obsession changed in my latest match... no perks were designed to change it. Hack/Bug/Feature?

Options
Rlabotath
Rlabotath Member Posts: 123

Is there a mechanic in DbD where the obsession will just… Change at a whim?

I was playing Plague on her home terf, and had secured 9 hooks with 2 deaths. The last 2 were hiding as much as possible. Turns out they both were working on adept, so my bad. Anyway, When I finally found and hooked one of them, after about 5 minutes of hunting, the obsession changed. I checked the perks in the end, nobody including me had any perks to change obsession.

Was this a hack, a bug, or a feature?

Answers

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 108
    edited June 10
    Options

Could you write what perks they were running/what adepts they were doing?

One perk I know of that has changed the obsession so unexpectedly that people suspect hacking is Dramaturgy (if they randomly get a Key with Unique Wedding Ring add-on). So I'm wondering if it could have been sonething like that.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

My only guess is that Nic cage's Dramaturgy perk was in play and they randomly got a key addon that interacts with the obsession mechanic forcing a switch if they were the only one left.

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 123
    Options

To answer both, I remember there wasn't dramaturgy, and there were two left. It also went from a dead person to a living person

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

It's hard to say without knowing what all the perks and items in play are.